Advice on taking Apprentices

Why would you wanna take on someone that had no interest?
As laid out earlier a teacher guides the student so that they will experience the lessons we want to get across, knowledge and insight they earn will be more valuable and treasured by them then something only passed on to them and it will make sure they understand and not only try copy what someone else does.
This style of teaching is essential as exempel for me in martial arts where my sifu has taken me as an apprebtice, key being is that he gave me the offer to be an apprentice, it took a great deal of soul searching on my part to conclude If it was for me or not but in the end i was the one that would have to want it. If i dont want the roll then i will not work towards getting the knowledge i can get from it. Point being you can offer ppl to be apprentices or they may search you up but they must be willing to work for it.

1 Like

@Grimner So how do you make them willing? Thatā€™s one of the main questions here.

Well iā€™m not completely new, but i also guess that i would cause way too frustration, as your apprentice -sssss :3

@Drachir I donā€™t think I want to take on anyone here.

1 Like

I was going to stay out of this because I wasnā€™t sure my input is useful, but here goes, meant in the service of magick:

1: ā€œWhen the teacher is ready, the student will appearā€ is not just a kewl inversion of the old saying (when the student is readyā€¦) but actually true.

I had zero problems getting people to coach on here in core shamanism, because I talk about it - now, compare this to if I had not been on here but just set up a website, even for free, and waited for people to sign up - not gonna happen without intense marketing!

And on here alone, others have endless PMs asking for help, which you can always turn into offers to teach the person, and those who are not willing to learn themselves are not students at heart (thatā€™s fine, I might go on a software forum and ask for advice without wanting to learn programming).

2: the student who needs convincing is not a student, heā€™s at best a tyre-kicker, a rubber-necker, looking on at this bizarre phenomenon of magickal abilities like itā€™s a break from reading conspiracy sites and watching clips about Nibiru. Looking into freaky shit for kicks is something we all do, but normies do it more, and most never really convert because itā€™s just entertainment to them. Most people fear commitment and anything weird, end of. At best, they will quit at the first sign of hard work or sacrifices, at worse they will corrode your own self-belief.

You have a drive for magick, even if our goals donā€™t always align thatā€™s obvious to me, so find someone worthy of that, with the same (okay, maybe slightly less, take someone one incarnation back from you) but who is willing to do the work - otherwise, it will be you plugging that gap.

You want a master-apprentice relationship where heā€™s eager to step into your shoes over time, NOT a preacher preachinā€™ at a lost soul to bring them into the fold. You are not a missionary, or a martyr, on the back foot forever trying to prove himself. Became the one who has what is desired, not the one desiring, and courting belief and attention!

Those are the main things.

3: make some tutorials, get 'em on here, handle the PM flood - get USED to teaching people, because you need to be able to spot, with reasonable confidence, what IS a valid question/request for help, and whatā€™s just fear, laziness, or self-doubt, where you stepping in to provide answers is actually BAD for your studentā€™s progress.

4: bitter pill time maybe - get used to the fact the purest aim of teaching is to have your student SURPASS you.

At the moment youā€™re big on replying to threads with ā€œPM meā€ and talking about secrets and things you canā€™t share, well, itā€™s like having kids, all those little secret things in the cupboards get dragged out to play with, IF you immerse yourself.

Itā€™s a big responsibility, and a big ego challenge, and also, a facing of actual mortality, in a way, just like parenting and accepting that one day your child will be an adult.

Your current may differ from mine and I know someoneā€™s going to jump in and say ā€œit doesnā€™t work like that in vodouā€ but in general, ALL the teachers I have seen give from a place of purity and transparency in terms of sharing, to the maximum of their time and what they know to be safe for them, what they have.

I do it, Iā€™ve heard other magicians I respect do the same, healers and people I learned from in the past (and to this day) also give to the max, they are PURE channels for that information and not holding a little bit back out of fear - your own spirits will tell you whatā€™s totally off the menu for others to learn.

5: there is a phenomena whereby the teacher is energetically held responsible for his studentā€™s errors, and likewise, the curses aimed at the teacher (all magicians get these) land on his apprentices, itā€™s like a sharing of destinies, you need to look into this before going ā€œPah that Eva doesnā€™t know her ass from her elbowā€ (or some bold thing about how you are invulnerable or whatever) because itā€™s a well-known phenom and you need to understand why people have said it happens, and what to do about it.

Very few people have heard of it, itā€™s like a current is created in the teacher-student relationship and it can have various effects, you need to know about this.

Thatā€™s my input, take it or leave it as suits you, apologies for any typoes but I didnā€™t really have time to post, but, wanted to do this because you know my manifesto and this aligns. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already sent a few tutorials by PM. The best ones are personalized though, so I am not very sure if a public post is the way to go.[quote=ā€œLady_Eva, post:29, topic:19179ā€]
You want a master-apprentice relationship where heā€™s eager to step into your shoes over time, NOT a preacher preachinā€™ at a lost soul to bring them into the fold. You are not a missionary, or a martyr, on the back foot forever trying to prove himself. Became the one who has what is desired, not the one desiring, and courting belief and attention!
[/quote]
Thank you for your advice. Will keep that in mind.[quote=ā€œLady_Eva, post:29, topic:19179ā€]
I had zero problems getting people to coach on here in core shamanism, because I talk about it - now, compare this to if I had not been on here but just set up a website, even for free, and waited for people to sign up - not gonna happen without intense marketing!
[/quote]
I needed to hear that for other reasons. Thank you.

1 Like

I just want to add, the stuff in #5 there is mainly about people who apprentice 1-2-1 and bind their energy/destiny/actions for some time, it doesnā€™t affect you if you read a simple book, or a website (or do my tut on here which is part of its own current) - I wanted to mention this because it might not be clear and might worry someone if they want to start studying.

But there is always an energetic overlap of some kind, even on here, I call it forum cooties, where members get dreams of other members relaying information, or whatever, so itā€™s going to link you a lot stronger than that if you take someone on with the commitment to raise them up a long way.

Covered the forum cooties here a bit:

1 Like

I have done this a few times. (quite convincing)ā€¦ As many of my arrangements with Belial is to teach people to believe in him, I had to do things for people, and then make them say, how did that occur? If you try to slam down a hammer of information on them it will turn them off. You need to kind of be sneaky about it, plant the seed of thought into their head. If they know that you are into it, you can tell them of a success story that you had with someone else. If he says, man my boss is just on my nerves, tell him about a time someone elses boss was on their nerves and you did something to stop itā€¦ And offer to do it for them. Once their boss is binded and stops bother them, they will notice and THAT will then open their minds curiosity. That obviously is only an example or template if you with to plant the seed of thought.

2 Likes

@Rcs4215 Thank you.

1 Like

Gods, i love and hate having apprentices. The biggest warning i can give you is to put hard limits on the timeframes you are willing to work with, and GROUND GROUND GROUND. Apprentices are as frustrating as they are wonderful. And internet apprentices are the hardest of all to work with/around. Accountability is HARD.

4 Likes

@Anastasiya I was thinking more real life. I am not very sure I can take an apprentice over the internet. Maybe once I can soul travel with greater fluency.

1 Like

I have never had an opportunity for an IRL apprentice. I keep my practice so deep on the downlow that hardly anyone even knows i know what a tarot card is for. That may change soon, though.

If you do manage to acquire an IRL apprentice, do keep us posted! I love watching the growth of new magi

2 Likes

@Anastasiya The thing with me is that people donā€™t believe I am for real even when someone starts throwing up in pain in front of them. Absolutely hilarious.

1 Like

That honestly sounds hilarious to watch xD

1 Like

I have not posted on this in a day or so but put them through tests. Have them do an evocation themselves with you instructing them through visualization if they are willing to call forth an entity to full manifestation then they want to learn. Have them watch or buy the ME COURSE

1 Like

Youā€™d be bound as a Knight, for sure, I think itā€™s covered in the book. Maybe not to E.A. (alone) but to the Knights and the Order as a whole.

[quote] Would joining one of them create a master/student bond?
[/quote]

Thereā€™d be some kind of pact, might be more like members of an order, it would depend on thre wording because magick can be amazingly legalistic at times.

2 Likes

Do a ritual / send a spirit to fulfil there desire or get them out of some trouble or open a skillset that would be helpful later for there magic later. Make sure you tell them before hand.
Then when whatever comes to pass and they cant explain hay presto thatā€™s magick. You should then have there attention and they should start to listen.

1 Like

Thought forms.

1 Like

Any thing that provokes them wonder or is unexplainable in accordance with what they already understand. For as long as there forwarned a head of time. The disposition of the person that your working with will make the difference, something that will inspire them perhaps.

What can we teach others about magic? Iā€™ve seen a lot of magicians taken apprentices under their wings while still not understanding their own magical path. Some of them also avoid research and lack of comprehension to guide their students to a safe and comfort haven of trust, wrecking havoc because the teacher didnā€™t understand the studentā€™s experience.

Can you reverse someoneā€™s fear of the the dark currents to make it beneficial, rather than malicious? By doing that is to give a state of comfort and power to your apprentice, showing that you have an understanding of energies, at least to some extent.

Thereā€™s a lot of ways to teach, like rituals, how to make sigils, scrying methods and other practical stuff. You can also describe your personal comprehension of spirits, energies, astral travel and astral projection. But it will be from your point of view, which is sometimes a ā€œvalidationā€ that your apprentice understand your methodology.

His or hers comprehension of their experiences -
under your wings - might be different than yours, and thatā€™s how it should be.

3 Likes