Advice For New Practitioners

If you are going to ask serious questions, please understand that you will get serious replies.

These replies may not be what you want to hear. When I reply, I am advising to keep you from harm, to prevent you from making mistakes that could cause great problems.

If you already have your mind made up to do something without experience, then spare us all with the asking only to blatantly disguard every common sense suggestion.

Common sense IS something we all need to have from time to time so we dont get our asses handed straight to us. I am no exception. I generally dont ask for help on here, but when I ask the gods for opinions, I listen, because I know they have my best interests at heart.
For me, this is the same when I give answers.

I ask new practitioners consider this…because we give our time and energy to help. If your mind is not open to all possible answers then the question is not genuine in nature.

12 Likes

Ooh your’e still upset sweetie?

It’s constructive advice, sometimes it can be frustrating to those of us who have had our fair share of magickal black eyes in the past, to see someone else hellbent on running into walls, especially when it can be avoided. :+1:

9 Likes

“Sweetie” gives actually really good advice even to those who are progressive practitioners.

6 Likes

"Sweetie"is also a highly skilled mage that is rarely fucked with for a reasonđź‘Ś
Just saying lol

5 Likes

Lololol
@Kulina8 you should change your name to Sweetie :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m just going to say. I like kulina she is the good

5 Likes

Ummmm…takes this under consideration.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::skull::skull::skull:

3 Likes

Okay can we all dial down the perosnal tone here, please? :+1:

@Kulina8 has made some good points in the OP. Almost everyone has some area of experience, knowledge, etc., where they feel frustrated sometimes to see people making rookie mistakes that are avoidable.

Edit to add, especially if they could have serious consequences to the practitioner! :smiley:

7 Likes

Agreed. Thank you, @Lady_Eva. May common sense prevail.

All My Love,
“Sweetie”

7 Likes

I enjoyed your post as it is spot on and on target. People only hear what they want to listen too, no matter how valid the advice or wisdom.

4 Likes

We should totally start making threads titled: “Tell me what I want to hear” :joy: That would spare us wasting our time reading a wall text :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Fantastic idea!

2 Likes

YES things can be frsurtrating, but this is and always will be a beginner-friendly forum, and people don’t know what they don’t know. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I dont mind beginners, I like helping them. I do object to beginners who waste our time though with BS like that.

4 Likes

If you can’t take advice (which may not be what you want) from your fellow Practioners, then don’t even bother working with Spirits because they don’t really sugar coat things.

6 Likes

LOVE THAT POST!

It can be bumped eternally, @Lady_Eva? :rofl:

Seriously guys, listen to that. It’s awful when you keep asking and asking trying to hear something that you want. It looks like you’re doubting from people, and that sucks. If you received an answer that hurts you in some way, just take that, learn from that and keep going.

Magick isn’t that “sweetie” (sorry for the late pun).

3 Likes