Advice for new magicians

If you want to work your magick well, do so in secret, quietly and without boasting. Even when your magick has put an enemy in the place they deserve to be, do not be boastful. It is risky to do so. Magick does not backfire or catch you out, but when you taint your magick with smug superiority, you risk making your subsequent magick weaker because of the subconscious effect of bragging. The mindset of a smug person is not the same as the mindset of somebody who wields magick with authority and strength. When you succeed, relish your victory, but do not strut like a peacock. Be quiet and calm in your victory, and enjoy the benefit you actually sought from the victory, rather than the victory itself. If you sought a quieter life by silencing an enemy, then enjoy the quieter life, not the fact that your enemy has been harmed. Magick is not purely a ritual that you do. It’s woven into your life, and everything you do in relation to your magick affects the outcome of the magick. If you become a smug and obnoxious creep who proclaims to be powerful and evil, to frighten friends, enemies or whoever else, you only weaken your own magick. As one of my mentors said to me, ‘Shut the fuck up and do something else,’ at which point I moved on and used magick to make some money instead of wallowing in glory. It was good advice. - Demons of Wrath, The Dark Fires of Attack Magick

13 Likes

‘Shut the fuck up and do something else’

Good advice, i’ll keep that in mind xD

2 Likes

This reminds me of the 10 Hacker Commandments.

This post is so cool!!! And so important. Even in this forum Best is to use the ignore Option and never again read bullshit from some users who vibrate much too differently. Also keep silent about actual workings is extremly important!!! So new magicians remember that your identity is your belief about yourself so just believe in yourselves and with positivity try stuff and expirience. Failure are blessings in disguise, try try again your rituals and exercise that muscle. You will be successfull!

Magic lives in everyone and everything! Right? :wink:

Welcome to all the new guys!!! :heart:

4 Likes

Cringe @VoidAngel

yea you right. I talk too much. I dont think im smug Im just really blown away by seeing some supernatural results happen in front my face. I need to work on it

1 Like

That is good advice. I forgot that the mute button existed. Havent really seen a need for it though since this community is filled with reall great people

2 Likes

Thank you so much for writing this. This post gave me the assurance I needed. I never speak about what I’ve done in terms of magick anyhow nor do I have an oversize ego.

1 Like