Adventures with the Fae

Last fall, I participated in @UnseelieDiabolus’ Changeling Rite, which connected me to the Unseelie Court of the Fae.

Using the Goblin Key, which is a sigil created by UnseelieDiabolus, as a portal, I have been journeying to the realm of the Fae and exploring this new connection.

My journeys so far have been fairly tentative, but there has been some consistent imagery, including a maiden, a dining hall, and a Tree of Power.

This thread will serve as a journal of my experiences and adventures with the Fae, and hopefully be an interesting read for anyone interested.

31 Likes

Very interesting. Looking forward to reading.

4 Likes

Sounds faeirly tentative💀

I’ll be following this.

4 Likes

Oof a reach but a good one🤗

4 Likes

Oooh, I’m both honored and excited to see where this goes!

7 Likes

I wonder what species of fae will reach out first :thinking:

3 Likes

I stepped through the Goblin Key and found myself in the dining hall. Several beings were seated around the table, which was laden with food. They stared at me.

I apologised for the intrusion, and then a maiden stood up and excused herself. It was Illyana, my guide (this is not her True Name but one she gave me to address her, and she gave permission for me to share it in my telling).

Illyana came over to me and took my arm. I couldn’t help but look her over. She was gorgeous, with long blonde hair, and very…um…well endowed with feminine charms.She was wearing a light summer dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. As she led me away, she laughed and said she had expected me much sooner.

I said I was sorry for not visiting very often, but I was stuck in a rut and not being very productive. We walked down the flight of stairs I went down on my original journey, and past the door leading to the Field of Everlasting Sleep, down past Illyana’s bed chamber, where I first chanced upon her, down further, until we came out into a garden.

What I’ve come to call the Tree of Power stood in the centre, and she led me to a stone bench off to the side, where we sat down. She took my hand, and said that I looked troubled.

I sighed, and looked down. “I’m struggling, Illyana. I feel like I don’t belong anywhere. I have no purpose, nothing to strive for. I am adrift, and it’s been difficult find a point to anything. Participating in the Changeling Rite was not something I usually do. I tend to stay away from rituals like that, but something told me I should, so I did. Now, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with this connection to the Unseelie or what is expected of me. My magick has been focused for so long on material wants and needs that I’m new to this. I…don’t know where I’m headed, if I’m headed anywhere at all.”

I looked up and met her eyes. They were striking. I felt embarrassed. “I’m sorry, m’lady. I didn’t mean to turn this visit into a therapy session.”

She smiled. “You humans. You hold so much pain.” She placed her hand upon my chest. 'There is a rage in you. A seething, roiling, darkness. I can feel it. You chain it down, deep inside, but it sits like a spider in the depths, waiting for those chains to loosen, its tendrils reaching out.

I looked down again, and she placed her fingertips upon my chin, and tilted my head up. “But there is also a great love inside. A beautiful, splendid, thing. A blessing that yearns to be shared.”

She smiled, wistfully. “Never have I seen one like you, filled with so much potential, and yet so much doubt. Imagine what you could become once you harness the power you possess, this rage, and this love. The very Heavens would tremble. It would be awe-inspiring.”

She stood up and held out her hand. “Come.” I took her hand and she led me over to the Tree of Power, placing me hand against its trunk. “Tell me, what do you feel?”

I felt a pulse, a thrum, of energy running through it, and I told her as much.

“What you feel is Life, the very heart of the universe.” She placed her hand again upon my chest. “The very same power flows through you, as it does all things. Do not doubt, but feel the truth of what I say.”

I looked at her. “That is not the kind of thing I expected to hear from one of the Unseelie Court.”

“Oh?” She cocked an eyebrow at me with a mischievous glint in her eye. She pressed herself against me, her breasts rubbing against my chest. “And what, pray tell, have you heard about the Unseelie?” she asked in a throaty whisper.

Needless to say, my body…reacted to her closeness, but I stammered out, “That you are malicious, wicked and inclined more towards the malevolent.”

She laughed, only instead of the usual light, airy, musical laugh, this one was deep, and guttural, and, if I’m honest, a bit scary. She gazed at me with a hunger I had never seen from her before, and licked her lips. “Wicked? Oh, I can be very wicked indeed.”

She noticed my reaction to her, and smiled an evil smile. “Do I stoke your desire, human? Do you lust for me?”

It would have been stupid to lie, so I said, 'Yes." Beauty and danger are a heady mix.

“Good.” She turned around and started walking away. “Follow me.”

We walked along a pathway through the garden. We were silent, and I did not know if she had taken offence to my admitting of my desire for her or not. I had no idea what might happen if she was offended. It doesn’t usually end well for the human in the stories.

I heard the sound of water, and we came out onto the bank of a flowing stream. She sat down on a slight embankment and motioned for me to join her. After a moment’s hesitation, I did so. The grass was slightly damp beneath me.

Illyana leaned up against me. “You must visit more often. There is much for you to learn here.”

I laid myself down, and she followed, placing her head upon my chest. “It’s very beautiful here,” I said. “I wish my life could be like this, so peaceful, and contemplative.”

In the distance of my thoughts, where my physical body was, I heard the drum track change tempo, signalling that it was time to return. She must have sensed it too, because she sat up.

"It’s time for me to go,’ I said as I stood up.

She smiled. “Don’t be long.”

I visualised the Goblin Key, and stepped through, ending the adventure.

22 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been two months since my last adventure with the Fae. I finally returned tonight.

I visualised the Goblin Key above me in blazing blue fire, and projected into it.

Illyana was waiting for me in a beautiful meadow. She was clad in what appeared to be a leather shirt with laces across the breast, and leggings. She carried a sword on her hip. “Welcome back,” she smiled. She drew her blade, and said, “Defend yourself.”

I stepped back. "I am unarmed, " I stammered.

“Are you?” She smirked.

A sword appeared in my hand. Illyana lunged forward, cat-like, and I was barely able to parry in time. Caught by surprise, I stumbled back, tripping over a root and falling. Within moments, Illyana’s blade was at my throat. “You lose.”

"Indeed I do,’ I replied, rubbing the back of my head. "What’s the point of this?’

“Let’s do it again,” she said, stepping away from me.

I pulled myself to my feet, and as soon as I was upright, she attacked again. Nimble, and quick, it was like fighting air, there one minute, gone the next. She was beautiful to watch, and I nearly lost an eye by staring too long. I was so outmatched that all I could do was flail around. My blade managed to cut one of the laces on her shirt, causing her to step back and grin. Then, in a flurry of attacks, she drove me back into a tree, he blade poised to pierce my heart. I gulped. “I surrender.”

She lowered her sword. “You’re slow. Clumsy.”

“I’ve never been in a sword fight before.”

“You’re unfocused. Undisciplined. If this had been an actual fight, you’d be dead.” She took my hand, and pulled me up. “Come. Let’s sit.”

She led me over to a log, and we sat. She looked in my eyes, and asked me why it had been so long since my last visit. I looked away, staring at the ground, and said, “I’m sorry. I am so focused on some things that I’ve neglected others. And I get overwhelmed sometimes, and procrastinate.”

“I have something I want you to do. Promise me you will do it once a day for 30 days.”

“I’m not sure I…”

“Commit,” she said. “30 days.”

“Okay, i promise. What is it?”

“A simple meditation.” She smiled. “Sit on the ground, preferably outdoors, in a place of nature, but if that is not possible, then you’re room will suffice. Take a few deep breaths, and get settled. Place your awareness on the earth beneath you. Really become aware of it. Feel it supporting you, holding you up. Feel its strength, its solidity. Once your awareness is fully engulfed in the earth, move it upwards, and become aware of the air going into your nose. Focus on the coolness as it enters your nostrils, and flows down into your lungs. Don’t try to alter your breathing pattern, just breath naturally, but really feel the air move through you. When you are fully aware of the air, move your awareness down to your belly, and the fire that burns within. Do the same as you did with the air, and feel the heat, and the power, emanating from the centre of your being. Become fully aware of it. Once you are, move up into your heart, and become aware of the water there, the seat of your emotions. Dwell within its depths, and feel the coolness, and be refreshed. Then, let your awareness be filled with it all, the earth, the air, the fire and the water. Sit like this for as long as you are able, once a day.”

“i will try.”

“Do. It requires little effort. Just time to sit, and patience.”

“Thank you.”

“Let’s walk.” She stood up, took my hand again, and led me down a worn path.

“It’s very beautiful here,” I said, looking around at the foliage. A bee flew by, merrily buzzing along.

“Yes, it is.”

“I feel a bit out of place,” i said, slowing my pace a little. “I don’t know if I belong here.”

She stopped, and smiled. “You don’t,” she replied. “You don’t belong to the angels. You don’t belong to the demons.” She lightly touched my face. “And you don’t belong to the Fae. You belong only to yourself. You are free to go anywhere, and become anything you will.”

"Maybe that’s why I feel like I don’t belong anywhere. I wouldn’t even be here if I had not participated in the ritual. It was a spur of the moment decision.’

“Go now. Practice the meditation. Come back in three days time, and we will work on your magick. We will make it even more powerful than it already is.” She kissed me lightly on the cheek.

“Thank you, Illyana.”

I visualised the Goblin Key and stepped through it, ending the adventure.

15 Likes

There is always a lesson to learn and knowledge to share. We are really blessed with eternal teachers.

1 Like

These spirits do have a love of their 30 Day Meditations. The one you were given sounds very powerful in it’s simplicity. I think it would be wise to listen to her, but I have no doubts that you will listen to her lessons.

2 Likes

Thanks, my friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I projected through the Goblin Key, and found myself in the dining hall. Illyana was waiting for me.

“Welcome back. i said three days but it’s been a week,” she said, a mocking tone in her voice.

“i know. Please forgive me. I got…busy.”

“You’re forgiven…this once.” She smirked. “Sit.”

We sat across from each other at the table, and she gazed at me, a smile playing on her lips. “So…how is the meditation going?”

“It’s going alright. Another has found it quite helpful.”

“Good. And you?”

“I admit, I am a bit frustrated with it. I am unable to properly sink my awareness into the earth.”

"Illyanna laughed. “It will come with practice. Remember what I said about patience?”

“Yes, but…”

“Patience,” she said again. “See these candles?” She pointed to two candles I had failed to notice on the table. One was white, and the other was black.

“Yes.”

She picked up the white candle. “This one represents the purity of your true self, your spirit, your soul. The truth of what you are.” She put it back down, and picked up the black one. “This represents all the muck you’ve accumulated in your human lifetime. The key to magick, to real power, is for this,” she pointed to the white candle," to become larger than this," she said, pointing to the black. “Do you understand?”

“I do, thank you.”

“Good. Now, I have another meditation for you.”

I protested. “I already have so much to do in my day. i couldn’t possibly add anything else.”

“Oh, nonsense. It’s simple enough to squeeze in any time.”

i sighed. “As you wish.”

“See this symbol?” With her finger, she drew something in the air in shimmering white light. “i want you to meditate on this for at least once a week. Contemplate it. Let it seep into your mind. It will unlock your potential and help you connect to your inner self.”

“Thank you.”

“Do not share it. It is for you alone.”

I nodded.

“Good. Now, come.” She held out her hand, and I grasped it. She pulled me through a door hidden in the corner of the dining hall, and through a second door that led out into a meadow.

It was gorgeous, with luscious greenery, and scent of blossoms hanging in the air. i could hear birds chirping in the trees. I took a deep breath, breathing it all in, and felt giddy.

Illyanna pulled me along a worn path. She seemed quite excited. “There is so much for you to learn. You are connected to the Unseelie, and I cannot wait to show you all the wicked pleasures available to experience.” Her voice dipped low. “I will teach you such terrible things.”

She must have sensed some hesitation on my part because she stopped, and turned to me. “You are afraid?”

“Yes…and no.”

She had a quizzical look, but then her face brightened. "Oh, I see. You’re wondering about what being connected to the Unseelie means for you, for your soul and afterlife. Do we own it now? Will you be our slave when you die " She laughed. “Don’t be silly. We are your allies, your…partners. You will always remain sovereign of yourself.”

I relaxed. i’m not sure why i thought the Fae would own my soul but, hey, that’s Christian propaganda for ya. It lurks in the subconscious and don’t even realise it’s there.

“You should go now. Continue your meditation.”

“I have been.”

“I know. i watched you yesterday, trying to meditate while swatting mosquitoes.” She laughed. “It was quite amusing.”

“I did sense somebody was watching me, but i looked around and didn’t see anyone so I shrugged it off.”

“You can’t see Fae unless we want to be seen.” She laughed again. “That was me taking a peek.”

“When should I contact you again?”

“Call whenever you wish. We are connected, and we are always watching.”

I thanked my guide, and once more opened the Goblin Key, and ended the adventure.

8 Likes

That is way cool! Please keep us posted on your experiences with the unseelie court.

2 Likes

Yep post more interested in Faes

1 Like

It’s been several months since I last visited the Fae, so last night I thought I would take a journey to see them. It did not go as expected.

I did some energy work before settling in to begin the journey. I put on a drumming track, and as I drifted into trance, I visualized the Goblin Key in blazing blue fire, and stepped through it.

I came out into the dining hall. However, It was empty, save for a small, white candle burning on the table. My guide was not there to greet me.

“Illyanna?” I called out. There was no response. I walked around the table, looking for any signs of where I was supposed to go. I called out again, but again there was no response.

i went down the flight of stairs that had previously led to the Field of Everlasting Sleep, and Illyanna’s bedchamber. There didn’t appear to be any signs of life anywhere. I continued calling Illyanna’s name, but it echoed in the silence.

I came out into the garden. It was as beautiful as ever, and I could hear the chirping of birds, and feel the peace, and tranquility I felt there before, but there was still no sign of Illyanna, or any other Fae. I turned back, and went up the stairs to the dining hall.

The candle on the table had burned itself out. It felt like the place had been abandoned. There was an emptiness to it that didn’t belong there. My previous journeys had been full of exuberance, and beauty, but this was lifeless, dead.

I visualized the Goblin Key again, and stepped through, ending the journey. It had been very quick, taking barely five minutes.

I don’t know why it was so empty, or why my guide was not there, but I will try again in a day or two.

@UnseelieDiabolus, any thoughts on what might have happened?

6 Likes

That is honestly rather odd. I’ve been bipassing the dining hall for a while and going directly to a clearing in the forests. I’ll make a trip to the hall tonight and see how it appears to me and report back. In the mean time, have you tried contacting your guide directly by ritual evocation or something similar?

6 Likes

Maybe retrace steps she led you to the Dining Hall and the Garden?

Bookmarked. Very interested in this topic.

I have not. I’ve been pretty much only journeying to meet with her.

5 Likes

Personally I would give that a shot and see how it goes. I’ve got some things to work on tonight but after I finish those I will settle in with my guide and we’ll head to the dining hall.

4 Likes