Addressing titles in terms of respect

I may be overthinking this but I want to be absolutely sure that with every spirit I encounter to treat them with the utmost respect as possible. Besides their titles, for example ‘King’ Paimon, ‘Prince’ Stolas, ‘President’ Camio etc…, what else could you call them by? Would it be respectful to use my lord, sir, ma’am, father/mother or any other term of addressing one? I just really want to be sure because respect is EXTREMELY important to me.

1 Like

@Tree I tend to go either with “my lord”, “my lady” or the Spirit’s name. Mostly the last one for normal conversation with the first two thrown in when a greater degree of reverence feels appropriate.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ll make note of it!

1 Like

Resonating what @TheStorm said, when in doubt, the name with or without a title is good to go by. Mother/father are terms that I would reserve for matron/patron spirits or Gaian/Uranus/Erebus (Earth mother-Sky father-Primordial entity) type spirits. Most of the time I just use the name.

4 Likes

Ask them. It helps. But if you dont know and cant hear say to them “i call you with the uttermost respect intended” and proceed

3 Likes