Accepting our darkness is cynical realism

I recently invoked archangel raphael to get some better sleep. It has been a long time since last time as i have focused more on necromancy and the death current. The enormous beauty i felt was ecstatic and is one of the only times i get to experience this beyond listening to a perfect musical piece. It got me reflecting on yeshua/jesus and how something as beautiful and selfless like jesus would never exist in our physical world, it couldnt, as he would be dead long before discovering what he could do, and as life is, he could have faced a horrible death at any time and by anything.

We are selfish creatures out of necessity and our family, whom many dont even have, are there merely because of greater chance of survival in this dark world. Embracing that part of ourself is a big deal in escaping the matrix as we all tell each other how kind and empathic we are, while on the inside we share the potential all killers do. We live in an evil world and our inner being needs to reflect that to live the best lives possible for ourselves. Among an extreme amount of examples, this is one of the reasons i dont believe in christianity, as a benevolent god akin to the archangels i have invoked wouldnt even be able to imagine this world into existence.

I’ve got to disagree with you in part. I think darkness, selfishness, and “evil” are all aspects of human consciousness and the world but calling the world an “evil world” and humans inherently selfish is only part of the truth. Correct me if this isn’t the point you were originally making, but I think reality is so much more nuanced, weird, and vast. There have been, and still are people who have dedicated and give their lives to serve their fellow man. I’m not talking about priests or other people of that sort, but true humanitarians who made the suffering of this world a little less nasty for others. And we can all relate to having little shining moments of beauty in our lives. Moments like the giggling of a happy baby or when your dog greets you when you arrive home from work. Or when you are staring into the eyes of someone who truly loves you.

One of the reasons why I left the forum for so long is that I felt that all this edginess and nihilism was just toxic and honestly sometimes I still feel that way. Life is definitely full of plenty of suffering, malevolence, tyranny, and sorrow but to reduce it all to those negative aspects of existence feels a little reductionistic to me. There’s nothing wrong with being a black magician and also stopping to smell the roses and see the good in life/people sometimes.

Just my two cents. Apologies if you meant something else by your post.

10 Likes

Seconded, life and spirituality are vast and too complex to be that simple.

2 Likes

Until you have not accepted yourself completely, Your past self and morals would just pity you for who you are

Everybody on this world who can walk has the potential to kill somebody.

1 Like

The point i am trying to make is the rarity of these examples that you mentioned. I too love smelling the roses and a baby smiling can make my day, the only problem is that these are so rare in comparison to other darker experiences. Not just evil, but also deppresive states, anxiety, tiredness, boredom and other internal issues. Marital fights and divorces, brothers fighting each other. Our lives consists mostly of struggle, tension and sometimes release. I just advocate to recognise that and perhaps even begin to like it. Hopefully that clears it up more

1 Like

I know, that is the point i was trying to make. We all have that potential in us, the difference is just our circumstance was different from theirs. We carry it in us but the catalyst was never there to activate it in us.

1 Like

I do agree. But what do you actually conclude by that cuz I am not able to understand what you are trying to say.

1 Like

I understand what you are trying to say. Nevermind I need to work on my reading skills.

1 Like

Embrace your potential for darkness, your shadow self as carl jung would say. He was quite the popular and controversial psychologist and philosopher. The point is to become a whole being capable of violence and evil

1 Like

I know that but i just was having problem to understand How you were feeling about it.

Well said. I would like to think there is a way to make our lives more happy and less full of suffering but I know that’s a farce. I think shifting perspectives and trying to be as grateful as we can be for the good things is the best we can do as sentient beings. Embracing all of the struggles is one of the best things we can do for ourselves so I definitely agree with you there. Being the hero of our own myth and facing the dragon of chaos.

Jung was one the best magicians of the previous century. The man was so intelligent it was scary. Must’ve been hell to have a brain like his. Intelligence and happiness go together like water and oil for the most part. He’s had some pretty interesting paranormal experiences too.

1 Like

He really did open up the door for us in regards to the subconscious mind. Just look at how many schools of magick is now fundamentally dependent on the concept he is most famous for elaborating on

1 Like

It kinda sings like you’re going through a really hard time, so it looks like this to you, and it would fit anyone oppressed, abused and not in control.

However, this isn’t the case for everyone, and I think you want to be aware of whether you’re projecting your current state of mind on everyone else. Everybody is different, and as mages someof us are trying to lift ourselves out of polarily, not find reasons to dwell in it.

I hope you find more balance between the Yin and Yang that suits your life better.

4 Likes