Abusive mother

Thank you. And you’re right. Def need to start there and focus on a plan. Started working on one today

Thank you. I’ve given myself a deadline and no matter what the circumstances, what I have or don’t have, I’m leaving. So I’m starting down the (right) path

1 Like

Thank you! This is really helpful! I’ve been given an opportunity at a healthy relationship and so i Really need to make moves before this chance slips away.

The talk therapy especially sounds helpful because I never tell anyone anything and it can be hard to deal with alone sometimes.

Thank you! I did a bit of that today and I could feel my power coming back

I will look into those. I think they could be very helpful, thank you. And thank you for the app recommendation as well.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still suffering. I hope you can find a solution here. I do appreciate you posting

1 Like

Ok that sounds great! I don’t know how to pm I’m afraid but if you’re able, please do pm me

Thank you so much. Honestly, yes I would appreciate a chance to talk about it. Some things you also said ring true of her. I don’t know how to pm but would appreciate a pm if you’re able

I’m happy to help I’m sorry this came off harsh I really wasn’t trying to make it that way but I believe your life will get better once your back on the right path

Just need a name, a face, and preferably a date of birth… I take great joy in dealing with these kinds of situations.

4 Likes

Hey, just wanted to add something. When you get yourself out, do not under any circumstances, no matter what guilt trip she pulls, do not let her suck you back in.
I GUARANTEE that she will at some point, try to suck you back into her shit. It’s text book.
Start building whatever inner fortitude you need now. Because you know, a few years pass, things start to be remembered a little fuzzy, maybe it wasn’t that bad then BAM she has you right back in her shit.

1 Like

Not a daughter, obviously: but I grew up in a household with a Stepfather who tried to kill me twice, psychologically taunted me through most of my childhood. My mother protected me now and then, but also returned a tremendous amount of emotional abuse from the “I’ll knock your teeth down your fucking throat” said to me at 8 to the “You’ll never be a god damn thing, you’re fucking worthless.”

You become trapped: the geometry of your world is shaped by the very small, but suffocating box of abuse and there never seems to be an escape. I was lucky enough I left at 18, only to be guilt tripped into returning home as she had not yet left her husband at the time. This was mostly so I could be abused along with her: she never wanted freedom, only for others to suffer with her, and it took me a long time to realize that. There is love, an odd, mutilated version of it: but never, ever, allow yourself to be subjugated by it. That sense of obligation is a powerful hallucination that is sculpted over the years, and it will snuff all the drive out of you.

I absolutely wish you the best of luck in freeing your-self from that woman: no one should live in submission to that abuse, to misery. Your life belong to you, no one else: if you need to turn to the Demons and Goddesses or others for help, do so: they’ll guide you, if they see you truly wish for escape. Relief is sometimes painful, quick, unexpected: be prepared to make every possible change (which I assume you all ready are prepared for.)

You’ve got more power than you might believe: utilize every bit of it, and when you think you’re running out, do it again!

1 Like

^THIS. My relative’s abusive mother was trying to force her to return home long after she’d gotten married and had children. Had she not lived fairly far away, she probably would not have survived.

Best to go “no contact” for your own health and safety (I know some books that can help with this; DM me when you’re ready).