About hierarchy

Hey everyone.

So,what someone said on another thread made me curious.

Which is that the spirit being evoked has to do its job because as Koetting said,operator comes before everything else.

But I honestly dont neccesarily agree with this statement,it kinda makes no sense to me that a spirit has to obey what operator says,I am pretty sure they can choose not to help if they wanted,but I still would like to hear you guys opinion,thank you.

7 Likes

I met spirits who went downright salty with me from the very beginning and I am fairly sure that they can and will swipe left on you if they feel like it.

10 Likes

Here is timothy’s explanation

2 Likes

I am pretty sure they can choose not to help if they wanted

Here’s your answer bro. They have the right to decline or accept.

It’s the same thing with respect. You disrespect them, you face the consequences.

You respect them like a friend and they’ll show it back.

Equality and Equity.

4 Likes

Read this. It is the Become A Living God perspective

The idea Timothy makes sounds like he’s basically saying “don’t consider them people and you can command them” which still doesn’t change their free will.

6 Likes

Damn that hurt :laughing:

Thats an interesting analogy,but it also makes it all “its all in your head”,which I had an experience indicated otherwise.

2 Likes

That official perspective hasn’t really protected EA from certain consequences, especially where Belial was concerned.

Edit:

I would also add that this is not the official perspective when it comes to the Lwa

8 Likes

I don’t consider them people, but I consider them as allies and business partners. And this needs a table that is decorated on BOTH sides. I wouldn’t take them seriously if they wouldn’t expect me to fulfill my part of the deal.

I also once clashed with a spirits “free will” of showing me where my limits as a human and a magi are and I think you’ll need to have your ass beaten at least once by one of them to understand how you can’t “command” them (at least not really)

8 Likes

Yeah they can. They just don’t show up. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Joe Lisiewski took the command approach. He got screwed over with such regularity that he even coined a term for it. He called it the slingshot effect. i don’t think he ever made the connection between his approach and his skewed results.

8 Likes

From perspective of a spirit,it sounds like,oh this guy I have never heard of is calling me,I must go or I will suffer,it sounds so wrong lol.

7 Likes

If something is weak enough to be “commanded” by my weak ass I can do it myself, I think :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thats exactly how I see it. If they are that weak then they arent much in the way of an ally are they?

7 Likes

If they were weak, wouldn’t they have already gone through their astral death?

For fucks sake dude…

5 Likes

Astral death is an BALG thing, not a universal idea. If they’re weak, they’re weak, nothing to do with astral or “2nd death”

4 Likes

I just saw this,I think this answered enough.Thank you guys except pollo lol.

4 Likes

Faustus believes in 2nd death

Still doesn’t make it universal, you have a thing where you state other people’s names to solidify your own adopted belief lol.

2 Likes