About destroying or keeping your sigils.Planetary and Spare sigils)

3 questions

After activating you have to destroy the sigil or can you keep it?

Sigils created using the magicak square of a planet, can be destroyed or these, being other type should always be kept?

About forgetting the sigil: It is the only procedure, or you can also focus on it everyday?
If forgetting the sigil is essential: what do to when although you want to ignore and forget the sigil, the idea comes back to he mind sometimes? You can´t control thoughts 100%.

1 Like

You can do whatever you want. With Spare style sigils there are no rules.

They can be destroyed, or kept, depending on their purpose.

As stated above, there are no rules for Spare style sigils. The basic procedure is to fire and forget, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it that way.

You don’t have to forget the sigil, just the conscious intent behind it. The Spare technique of sigils uses your subconscious mind for manifestation.

1 Like

the intent will be remembered at some moment. Thoughts can´t be totally silenced for ever. What to do then?

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. Random thoughts don’t matter. It is the constant dwelling on the intention that prevents the manifestation.

3 Likes

What about a sigil for protection from spells or should I think of it as a talisman? Needing to be “recharged”?

1 Like

Technically speaking, something that is meant to repel is an amulet, and something that is meant to draw towards you is a talisman, though these days most people use the terms interchangeably.

Any talisman or amulet must be periodically recharged as it’s stored energy depletes with use. Think of it like a battery. The talisman/amulet is initially charged, but as it expels its energy doing its job, it will eventually run out and will need another boost.

A talisman can be recharged as many times as necessary. It should be destroyed only once it is no longer needed, or if it is damaged. A talisman for protection, for example, might break if it is hit with a massive amount of baneful energy, and it then should be destroyed as it would now be corrupted.

1 Like

I keep mine forever, the work is never done.

Main sigil is King Belial’s on my altar, next I carry a small one for Ipos which helps me find lost things at work (seriously works, I regularly save myself from having to adjust thousands of dollars in inventory because someone didn’t put it in the correct place.)

2 Likes