A word on Evocation

So I may sound like I am rambling, if so I apologize. I just finished e-mailing a friend and brother in the work about this but I feel like someone else out there might get use out of it.

Hecate has had me foucus on Her for 9 days. I wake up, stand before Her altar, give an offering, and evoke Her. Things have never been better, I feel happier than ever and life is just sliding into place more and more. Sure I still have problems, but I feel like I am walking in a happier state so they don’t bother me as much. I can see Her spirits illuminating pathways for me. I feel like I belong. I feel like I can appreciate some cosmic inside joke that I share with Her.

This lead me to a realization about evocation and spiritual evolution. I used to think that Demons and Angels would tell me secrets that would lead me to Godhood. And while they do tell me secrets, there is an air of “Do it yourself dummy” however I have been slowly noticing that after each evocation I am NOT the same person. I have changed and it is the evocation that did it. It was the mingling of the spirit’s essence with my own that has changed me and set this evolution up.

Am I enlightened? Hell no. I still have a very long way to go ( someone who appreciates the subtle humor of poop jokes can not be enlightened IMO) But it is the act of evocation that starts the ascent not the lessons learned from the spirit, those are part of the ascent but not the start of it. The moment you call the spirit and it stands before you, you have started the spiritual alchemy, the lessons they teach are then rightfully yours and they can’t help but impart knowledge.

I hope this makes sense.

Orismen

good thoughts and expers- I’d say further that beyond 'evocation" in particular, its the mixing of “Other” that produces something new (and yet still familiar
Sort of like talking with someone that is in a completely different “mental-world” [vs one that sees things pretty-much the same as you], but rather than thoughts via symbolic-words are exchanged, which affects word-train of thoughts… Magickal contacting of Other is mixing Consciousness directly (and to the degree there is “manifested materialization” that affects/infuses one’s actually cells/ matter/ enviro).

As you comment- no longer the same person (so often that is said, and yet the meaning is “I (the same person) feel different.” vs an actual shift… mix=new which has memories of before? < it just caught me as a hint at an angle > “I hope my comment doesn’t make sense.”

[quote=“taokua, post:2, topic:2175”] good thoughts and expers- I’d say further that beyond 'evocation" in particular, its the mixing of “Other” that produces something new (and yet still familiar
Sort of like talking with someone that is in a completely different “mental-world” [vs one that sees things pretty-much the same as you], but rather than thoughts via symbolic-words are exchanged, which affects word-train of thoughts… Magickal contacting of Other is mixing Consciousness directly (and to the degree there is “manifested materialization” that affects/infuses one’s actually cells/ matter/ enviro).

As you comment- no longer the same person (so often that is said, and yet the meaning is “I (the same person) feel different.” vs an actual shift… mix=new which has memories of before? < it just caught me as a hint at an angle > “I hope my comment doesn’t make sense.”[/quote]

God damn I love you Taokua!

ha- gee I hadn’t seen a comment like that on here before (!) [of course I may have misinterpreted your response post, such that it didn’t make sense to me. -that happens…]

on a side note- I have noticed that just as in a (true) MasterMind (which as opposed to the current self-help hacks- isn’t just a group that is formed, let a alone it lectured to… ok, end of rant)- but

in an actual ‘meeting of the minds’ that forms a Group-Mind that blends the intellects (with the boost from the Energy of all those, thus the combo “mind” having more amp behind it)

-in an actual group where “bringing together, or blending, in a spirit of perfect harmony, of two or more minds.
Out of this Harmonious-blending of the chemistry of the mind creates < a third > which may be appropriated and use by one or all of the indiv minds.”
“This ‘Master Mind’ will remain avail as long as the friendly, harmonious alliance between the indiv minds exists.” -N. Hill ~1928

Thus our modern use of “meeting of the minds” seems by that author to have actually meant “meeting” of “minds” (contacting, as in touch, of mind-stuff)… thus his use of the term “chemistry” (and goes on to not metaphorically but literally refer to reactions of the material-substance, as well of the personality… some mix well others are flat-lacking Energetic reactions… others are like Sodium in Water, or less so baking-soda and hydrogen-peroxide)
-note: (“do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law: love under will, love is the law” -A Crowley, the point being all the references he made to illustrate his defining use of “love” (being the drawing together pull of 2 elements to result in a new third with resulting energetic … and just as in “chem” 2 chemicals can result in toxic poisons, others an inert-mass-mix, while others a stable new “useful”… of course use defined by situation/Enviro actually my [real-point]

<<<but first, just to comment- I can’t believe how many quote “do as thou wilt” is just a way of saying “do what you want”… and “love” he just means that warm feeling, or else it just further means what one would want to do- license… it might bring me to tears, if I’d do such a thing- and thus the surface layers of 'occultik speak" -‘Thou’ meaning ___ (‘from thence, aspire downwards back to you, and in adspire- as in breathing’ -from Aurum Solis I Regardie) and ‘wilt’ (true will- which is that completeness, that directs and is the result of this “love” the admixture of two into a third, with an energetic release (whether a gentle warm/cooling or a fast-extreme, or a sudden “explosion” -not the polter-goost temp change aspects “chem”-al-khem) >>

[alright above out of my system, I try and bury some such in compact places, in regards to my prior governing vows, per it out of culture/coutre]

anyway, from above: use defined by situation/Enviro actually my real-point. Having a sudden ability to see any/all Disincarnate/ghosts or whatever all around you, at a moment when the local is bare… crystal-clear ability to read a mind, and you tune in to one who was seriously-spacing out at that moment…
Might seem as if nothing happened, or it didn’t work (at least it wasn’t Useful- JIT (just in time- delivery/skill)

as well as a temporary, to more long term, mixing of Other, and you find that things that people do don't make sense anymore (in you memory you know they do, and you recall, but ..  the understanding is off), and yet you have nascent-Knowledge of Other-things/energies-movementDynamics 

(but if not part of your Enviroment, might not make sense what you’re thinking… is it distraction, or something that is so out of context… and ignored/banished away before it settles…)

In short- as a teacher of mine puts it (the words, the “learning experience” as well as the intell or emotional component of feeling you “got it”)- are the Booby-Prize, as the saying goes…

IF you are studying with a Master (Earthly person or not)- that Contact changes... and the Recognition may not be sensed in one self... and usually what feels changed is only the side-effect. 

(just don’t get caught in an eddy circling or going back and forth, vs a steady movement-gain… yet greatly Ascended, to me, doesn’t seem to be just vertical [perhaps Up or Down :)… but often thought that way more or less] vs in 360 degrees of a circle… and you could be massively changing/expanding in Self, but not be in the same region or Others… could (likely) be going further away [not only from Normal but from those that went/expanded the other dir]- let alone askew

dang lucky-charms <they’re magickally> dlish [always after mi _]

I meant it as written, no hidden meanings or sarcasm here. I like the way you write. It is different than most and makes me evaluate your words and analogies more to find deeper meanings.

It has taught me to not take any post from anyone at face value.

Actually I thought that you did mean as you wrote it “I meant it as written, no hidden meanings or sarcasm here” (actually I didn’t mean sacrasm either :slight_smile:
-I probably shouldn’t have started my last msg with “Perhaps I misinterp’d …”
(I just found that tossed in my writing as my prior Vows drive me to Comm with those that do, as you put it: actually I sensed that you were doing that, and I appreciated that

(my prior posts are a toned-down ver of my usual method, a result of having started learning actually reading Crowley, and Spare, and others- that many seem to reference, for ex read a comment that “Austin Os S. wrote __” when clearly they’ve read a modern writer riffing about versus the original…)
ref AOS, let alone Kenneth Grant (or Taoist lit, like IChing or TaoTe) when layers aren’t used to hide but to implant (that was self-study learning, vs in Workings or with Compatriots let alone Teachers much wasn’t directly said but experienced- ie jump in both ft and then wonder what it was that happened: left to recovery, and try and retain-integ)

• and in addition I feel the pressure of my commitment to not half-saying something and yet not making it loong…

and a 10 page pdf is not long, a 50 page book is short, even a few screens/pages on a webpage- but in a forum post a few paragraphs seems long… about a screens worth- with margins (would be half a page in an article) and the expectation is to have a full thought- beyond a fragment…
^^^
as well as lures/ msg in a bottle to find any that curious-interest to dig a bit (that term in Taoist study of “struggle” -eat bitter, not meaning hard, but like in Russian MartialArt- Annealing or Tempering as a term of practice and deep-think)
-so I do tone down those type of posts of mine but they are layered, thus usually skipped, or at most lightly skimmed, but otherwise I write a post like this comment :slight_smile: ugh rambling about how my other shorter posts are long (those aren’t as long as this long msg “about brevity”… hmm I’ll think on that)

luck (layered convoluted with reference-allusions but at least not “poetic” and different languages and injoke of oldclassics like some prior Magic Writers… don’t see that kind of crafting of words on many webpages (at least pop-occultism, in poly-psych or philosophy- they may write that way)-
many current “characters” In the books talk-think-comm that way, but the authors of those books don’t- so its hinted at- interesting thought got me there)- ok this is too long

======
so to be explicit when I wrote “ha- gee I hadn’t seen a comment like that on here before” I meant in regards to my writing, as at best a few have commented they didn’t see it worth the effort to try and read what I’d written, and that the ideas should be ltd and simpler (vs convoluted- not wanting that)…
Actually after I made my first reply-post I’d been thinking I’d stop posting for a while per wondering if any read-think what I’ve been writing, so thinking that I was driven an impulse to see if there was a new comment… and saw that reply… so a jolt :slight_smile: thus I hadn’t expected to see such, if any, reply to it, thus “I hadn’t seem a comment like that” :slight_smile: ok end of beating poor horse

-“Live like a Tree-Walking”
… wayfaring sorcerors Working -the Path-