A warning to the curious

To quote myself on failed magic:

You've written laws into your reality which you're going to have to unwrite. This is what happens when you start working bullshit magic with no proper understanding of what you're actually doing.

Yes. Take it from my own experience. I’m still working to undo things I’ve done.

Every time you work magic you are not just bringing about the desired result or not, but are changing the way your reality works, if ever so subtly.

If your magic is not working, stop immediately!

Go back to the drawing board.

You are doing something to prevent it from working and you need to figure out what that is before you weave this mistake ever more tightly into the fabric of your universe. I’ve learned this the hard way. This is another reason why a matter for which magic at first yields mediocre results can become ever more impossible to influence the more one attempts to.

Magic is fun, but it is not a game. There are consequences for losing again and again. The living imagination is not a toy.

Law of reversed effort? You’re putting more effort into it because you failed, but you’re just doing more of the exact same thing! There’s part of your law of reversed effort right there. Training is one thing, building power another, but only an idiot tries the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

1 Like

I agree, and if I may add. This is the reason a magical journal is so important. I have been rereading mine to see if I can catch any patterns in why some rituals worked well, others gave me mixed results, and others failed completely. It is painful sometimes, and inspiring other times. But all in all it is needful for all of us to review our magic.

Attitude - At it dude.

Self steem is also very important in magick although you can achieve magick results with a low self steem, one has to learn to believe in oneself before doing any kind of magick, because for believing in your magick you first gotta believe in yourself.

[quote=“YogaApprentice, post:3, topic:1506”]Attitude - At it dude.

Self steem is also very important in magick although you can achieve magick results with a low self steem, one has to learn to believe in oneself before doing any kind of magick, because for believing in your magick you first gotta believe in yourself.[/quote]
This is my biggest issue. It takes me a LONG time to get into T/G sync, or do the bornless rite, because first I have to get rid of the “voices”. The ones saying Im not strong enough, or Im too stupid to pull this off successfully…etc. I KNOW that those are irrational thoughts that have no value, but I cant seem to get rid of them for good, and its really starting to get to me. Both Azazel and Astaroth have been helpful with fear and the “what ifs”, but my confidence is still lacking somewhat. Its almost as if I can feel the “new” magical me fighting the “old” weak me. Thing is, its a much harder, longer fight than I wouldve imagined.

@TheLotusEater I just read your account with the Enochian Tablet from Evoking Eternity. That was hugely inspiring for me. Just based on that I would say that your new magical self is winning the battle.

thanks man, that actually helps quite a bit. I went back and read what I wrote, and also looked at the date, and realized that my life is almost completely different now than it was when I did that ritual. Ive made an almost staggering amount of progress in a very, very short time…so fast that Im actually having a lot of trouble keeping up with myself. That may be why I feel like Im going insane at the moment.