A warning regarding baneful magick

I see in this forum a lot of people talk about baneful magick in the same tone as they might talk about winning a Real Time Strategy game, locked in a battle of PvP, or with the same kind of bravado you might hear from twelve year olds playing Call of Duty: 85th Version. Now, most of the time, I recognize these things for what they are: peacocking from adolescents.

Occasionally though, I find someone advocating to a rank amateur (or less!) in the arts of Magick to psychically attack their tormentor with years of experience, as if the contest isn’t akin to someone with a self defense class or two under their belt entering into a fight to the death with a Delta Operative. It is to those people seeking self defense that I direct this… what will undoubtedly turn into a long ass essay. (What can I say? I’m drinking bourbon.)

Baneful magick, curses, psychic attacks, whatever you want to call it, its not sexy. Its not something to revel in, its not something that anyone should even aspire to master. Baneful magick is a lot like warfare: very glamourous for people on the outside of the tent pissing in, and horrific for those on the inside of the tent pissing out.

Civilians deify war icons like Rambo, and how he’s able to let instinct take over and kill without remorse or hesitation, while anyone who’s seen actual combat weeps at the end, when you see the fractured psyche up close, which can be seen here:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMyca5XC_Ao]Sylvester Stallone crying - YouTube

So it is with baneful magick: when the time comes, instinct takes over and you do what you have to do, yet its nothing but dirty, disgusting, horrific manifestations of a desire to survive by any cost, or to return pain in kind. It is taking all of the pain, the raw anger, grief, hatred, that red hot center that flares as you scream in pain, and directing it, like a bullet, towards your enemy. Those who have felt this raw hate and have directed it towards baneful ends understand its purpose. They do not revel in it like its some kind of destructive orgy. And they certainly don’t talk about it like you might talk about telling your boss off on the day you quit.

All that being said, there are purposes for it. Some obstacles refuse to move out of the way of achieving your goals. There are some people in the world whose death would brighten the sunrise. And there are some people who simply deserve what’s coming to them. Yet baneful magick is just like any “other” magick: You don’t just learn it at some two hour long workshop and become an instant master.

I hear a lot of people, when they first get into magick and the occult, think that the bench mark for “proving” that they have “the power” is by destroying someone who wronged them. The real power, in my opinion, is to use magick to create a better life for yourself. The number of so-called “magicians” who can barely hold down a job and survive at the sufferance of others is astronomical.

You want to really “prove” you have the power? Have enough balls to start a business. Divination, empathy and aura reading alone will give you an advantage over the Unwashed Masses the likes of which they could never understand. Use your ability to read others to get a successful career in sales. Become an astrologer, or a counselor. I have zero respect for the magician who can preach endlessly about his experiences in Kether when he can’t be bothered to put food on the table for himself.

The world doesn’t venerate petty, vengeful children trying to prove themselves. The world nods is head to the builders, the creators, the leaders, WHO LET NOTHING STAND IN THEIR WAY. Think about that the next time you decide to curse someone: Are you a vengeful child? Or a Leader facing a hostile obstacle?

(Fuck, I’ve killed half a fifth of bourbon!)

tl;dr: Don’t be a dickish kid with an ounce of power.

5 Likes
 Well I definitely can agree with a lot of the points that are made in this post and yes, there are many adolescent practitioners who would care for nothing more than to curse the world to their hearts content.  It is possible that a lot of the malefic practices and hexing that goes on may or may not be warranted.  I can’t comment on most of these because I personally do not know EXACTLY what said person is going through and all the factors involved.

All that we (or anyone else can go on) is by what is posted.  Some of it is pretty pointless and some of it is not.  But again, I try to reserve my opinions and discernment on certain subject matter only because ultimately this a forum for sharing of ideas, practices, techniques, and if I can contribute something useful whether it be an opinion or concept then I’ll do my best to present it in a manner that isn’t morally presumptuous.  

But yes, it isn’t sexy or ‘cool’ to just be throwing around curses like hot cakes, because not every likes hot cakes! Lol But all joking aside, yes baneful works is serious business and my take on this matter is that if we all treated baneful workings the same way that we treated physical assaults and killings then perhaps we would actually take a step back and realize the gravity of the situation.

I mostly agree with the gist of what you’re saying, I certainly don’t treat this stuff like a joke - most people who talk about it have never even witnessed another human die, have never felt the genuine threat of death in their own lives, and I think those things change a person’s view.

However the fact remains that the main diff between the Delta Operative and the guy with 2 self-defence classes is experience - at one point, the Delta guy was falling over his own shoelaces and didn’t know how to throw a punch, either.

Whether all black magicians should seek to acquire that experience, since magick (even, life in general) can be a pretty hairy experience, or whether we should agree to have a trained minority take it on for us, that’s an issue that comes up - because if experience is necessary to be competent, then where does that leave the beginner?

And btw this isn’t a “black” magick issue, or at least not just - when I was in the white-light world I got some pretty nasty stuff thrown my way by other “healers” and it was quite common across that field, I was by no means the only person who experienced it, because everyone feels envy and resentment, or outright hate sometimes, and no matter how the person defines their flavour, whether it’s black or white, magick is magick, and power is power…

4 Likes

Eva, I agree that experience is the difference, and if the Delta Operative is teaching the self defense class, so much the better!! Yet to give a civilian a musket to storm Fort Knox is like pulling the trigger yourself!

By the way, I regard white light healers in much the same way. Ultra tolerant of anyone who agrees with them and doesn’t threaten their “status” in the White Light pecking order. Me forbid you expose one as a fraud too, you’ll have an army of “peace warriors” howling for your blood!

1 Like

[quote=“Creed, post:4, topic:4436”]Eva, I agree that experience is the difference, and if the Delta Operative is teaching the self defense class, so much the better!! Yet to give a civilian a musket to storm Fort Knox is like pulling the trigger yourself!

By the way, I regard white light healers in much the same way. Ultra tolerant of anyone who agrees with them and doesn’t threaten their “status” in the White Light pecking order. Me forbid you expose one as a fraud too, you’ll have an army of “peace warriors” howling for your blood![/quote]

Reductionism, sometimes is not accurate. Of course some people consider baneful magick as a simple thing. Which is not, and the psicological reactions are completly painful in many ways. Baneful magick is a resource of warefare in not all the cases. The majority of cases are not necessary. I dont believe too much in “long battle stands” in Baneful Magick, because time is relative. Sometimes “clean” battle is more elegant and dignifies the operator.