A vision that is concerning me

So I have been trying to work on my ability to speak to the gods through meditation and hoping they would speak back and today they finally did but what I saw disturbed me the first tow things I saw a snake attacking a Raven that didn’t stick in my mind as much as the broken sowrd that came after it. I don’t know why but the sword feels like the important part So I was wondering if anyone would know what that could mean?
Thank you

3 Likes

When one is in meditation they must go though “Gates” to reach the spirits, you work from the inside outward, i feel this might be your subconscious trying to speak to you, you could do a divination to help you figure out what it is

3 Likes

I don’t know the way you’re meditating, and I don’t think I ever spoke about that here in this forum, but we go through Stages or Channels or Gates as @anon39410973 said. Name them however you like, doesn’t really matter. And some times, depending where you are, you might see some very very disturbing and scary things. You might face your worst fears or memories or maybe it’s something completely random.
I remember one of the most amazing diviners I had the chance to meet as a child, she was saying how often the things she saw during meditation were so scary and disturbing that couldn’t break through the next stage. Stay calm and keep going.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what the concern is. It’s probably just means that something big is about to happen in your life.

Just as the death card comes up in a spread, it doesn’t mean that you’re literally going to die.

3 Likes

Thank you all I will continue to meditate on this and see if the meaning becomes clear

1 Like

My two cents: In order to process higher levels of communication, the universe (for lack of knowing the subject in your context) is using archetypes here. In a sense the raven and snake represent an internal battle.
You’re approaching an issue thinking that you’re one or the other, like an internal debate. The broken sword may be saying that rather than favoring one approach over the other and pitting them against the other, perhaps you should take the best of both. That is, don’t fight what shouldn’t be a battle. Fuse the two. Was the snake really doing anything other than what’s in its nature to do?

4 Likes

Your vision interupts you must look at all the angles from all directions as if you miss something if could be a fatal lack of detail or a major defeat if you fail to know all the facts and know how to correct mistakes. Or as the old saying goes, it could come back to bite you and the broken sword meaning to lose the battle.

2 Likes