A very powerful experience I had without trying

So last night I had some trouble sleeping as I was trying to fall asleep at a time I was not accustomed to. So upon my restlessness I decided to meditate. I cleared my mind of all thoughts and images and focused on nothing. Thinking this would help me drift into sleep. About two hours or so upon mediating I had a very strange experience I have never felt before. I felt a very strong pressure at the base of my spine where the “root” (I believe that is what it is called, though I could be wrong.) chakra is located. The pressure grew in intensity and my body began to feel as if being electrocuted. There was also a buzzing sound ringing in my ears. The feeling was not overwhelming or I would have ended the meditation, though I could feel that whatever was happening was powerful. I also caught a glimpse of orange being emitted when trying to visualize what was happening (I am not the best at visualizing thus I only seen a glimpse.).

So what exactly was going on? I have never done any chakra work, and am rather ignorant of the subject. Was my kundalini being stimulated? But with that also bares another question. Why was this happening if I wasn’t trying to do anything other than simply meditate. Could someone with more experience perhaps shed some light on this as I am clueless.

Thank you for your time.

[quote=“Skinny_Man, post:1, topic:3715”]So last night I had some trouble sleeping as I was trying to fall asleep at a time I was not accustomed to. So upon my restlessness I decided to meditate. I cleared my mind of all thoughts and images and focused on nothing. Thinking this would help me drift into sleep. About two hours or so upon mediating I had a very strange experience I have never felt before. I felt a very strong pressure at the base of my spine where the “root” (I believe that is what it is called, though I could be wrong.) chakra is located. The pressure grew in intensity and my body began to feel as if being electrocuted. There was also a buzzing sound ringing in my ears. The feeling was not overwhelming or I would have ended the meditation, though I could feel that whatever was happening was powerful. I also caught a glimpse of orange being emitted when trying to visualize what was happening (I am not the best at visualizing thus I only seen a glimpse.).

So what exactly was going on? I have never done any chakra work, and am rather ignorant of the subject. Was my kundalini being stimulated? But with that also bares another question. Why was this happening if I wasn’t trying to do anything other than simply meditate. Could someone with more experience perhaps shed some light on this as I am clueless.

Thank you for your time.[/quote]

That’s your natural kundalini energy that’s running through you at all times. When your awake for a long time your have trouble maintaining the filters that stop you from perceiving this energy. The more you meditate and just allow the energy to flow freely the more you can tap into that “chaotic” power.

The chakra system is simply a map of the energy centers running through your body. It’s your emotional / energetic center. I’ve been doing the kundalini work for a long time and it’s really helped me a lot when you learn to raise it and start manipulate it.