A thought of my next step

Every since I came out here to my new home, I started to think very heavily on my spiritual path and growth. Over the weeks Iv been here I felt…displaced. I had a path laid out, my future planned out for myself. But when I moved out here it kinda went into the air. It literally feels like a tornado just took up everything in my life and through it everywhere to the point a good portion of it is either not recognizable or destroyed. As I have read in the past this is normal especially when working with demons.

As of late I’m getting my feet on the ground slowly but surely and been thinking about once more focus more on my spirituality. One the things I have read about in the past on here and a few posts recently on here, is a ritual of reversal baptism. I was planning on redoing my dedication to my path as well as the reversal baptism. It is the next step in my reworking of myself. I feel even though I cut a good hunk off of my past physically there is still attachments and stuff that is hanging around in me emotionally and spiritually. I know a good part of it was from the toxic like spirituality I was in, including the infamous Christian (Mormon) church. I feel I have now came to the point I am ready to let go of all that connections and attachments. One of the things that prevented me from doing this earlier was the fact I was working heavily with angels. I felt if I did this, it would have been a slap to their face. But after a personal experience and wake up call, I feel I am ready to take this step.
I understand there is topics already about this and I don’t want to seem I’m just duplicating it, but it would be nice to hear any suggestions or experiences you have had that could help me better understand and give me an idea on how to go by this. Many thanks. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I was raised Mormon, so I feel ya there. It took me a long time to branch out. Part of that was the technology of the time, but there was also a sense of - Which Path Is Mine? This lead to a lot of searching, trying things out, and was ultimately beneficial to me in my development. It certainly wasn’t an easy or comforting place to be in, but it’s what I needed.

I realize that my response doesn’t have a lot of practical help, but I’ve seen a lot of former Catholics and Mormons posting similar things here and there. Maybe journal that specific topic to get advice on specific struggles? Hope it helps.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. I have been noticing that as well. Well the thing is I wasn’t ever truly a Mormon in fact I questioned them often and played the “rebellion” role. :joy: I was forced to go and to be baptized including wearing a “CTR” ring; do to my family and mother. My family had deep roots in the church thanks to my grandmother who gave up witchcraft for them do to fear and the need to feed her children. Since then the family kinda fell into a zombie like mode. It was not until I was in the 11th grade did my mom finely stoped forcing me to go.
I have thought about it but was not to sure how well it would have worked. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hehe, I quit cooperating at 17. Wish it had been sooner, but oh, well. I tried to follow their teachings, tbh. They just never really stuck with me once I realized there were…holes…up and down the entire chain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: I quit especially when I found out I had to give up coffee. I was like “No one…takes…MY coffee!” foams at mouth and that was the last day I went too :joy:

2 Likes

Lol, actually having coffee was one of the “sins” that I particularly enjoyed when breaking away.

1 Like

:joy: that is awesome.

1 Like

You can request to have your name removed from the books at Salt Lake City. You will no longer be seen as Mormon. This would be a major way to free yourself from it.

https://www.4mormon.org/how-to-remove-your-name-from-the-lds-chuchs-membership-records/

3 Likes

I think mine was removed a bit back :joy: My mother basically went through hell to get hers removed. For some reason they refused to acknowledge that she was no longer a member until just recently. But thank you :pray:t2:

1 Like

I heard that happens. I haven’t removed mine yet. I just ignore the texts and calls from the elders or sisters. I truly have no clue how they found me when I moved from Alaska to Florida.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought we was the only ones. :expressionless: nothing creepier then you think your Scott free and all the sudden they find you and talk to you like nothing happened.

1 Like

See, I dropped off the radar with Family, too (outside of siblings). They earned it, to keep it simple, but this also had the side benefit of them running their mouths and no one wanted to talk to me. Guess they thought it would hurt my feelings…

It took about 20 years, numerous cities, and several state changes, but they eventually left me alone. I took a position out here in Hawaii, forgetting it’s full of them… Went to a burner phone, just in case…

My brother’s paperwork was jacked around until it wasn’t valid anymore. So, I figured I’d leave mine on the books to screw with their metrics.

1 Like

Damn I sorry to hear. D: yeah I moved to get away from all that too. I’m hoping that I can finely start my life away from all that BS

1 Like

I wondered how you were awwwfully quick to have that info handy… :wink:

2 Likes

I was raised Catholic and then converted to Mormonism. I then preceded to become more physic :joy: Was baptized in 3 weeks, I just understood all Of their teachings. Even had a family history calling. It was the time that I was separated so everyone wanted to know if I wanted more kids and join the singles ward. I was super faithful for about 2ish years then started to fall off. I believe my faith was why Magick game easily to me. I never doubted that Lucifer was real I believe he existed just as much as JC.

Once I order my family tree when I am done with it. I’ll send in my letter. But it also has special meaning for me if i wait just a little bit longer.

2 Likes

I get ya. I wasn’t raised Catholic, but had a sister that converted to it. I think it’s her way of staying in a ritualistic environment, being connected to her God…

THIS I totally get. I think the rituals helped. I was an honest adherent, believed all of it, even when I could tell parts of my Family (extended) may not or took it lightly.

I hate to admit it, but I think the rituals actually helped. I even did baptisms for the dead (may they forgive me!).

There are a lot of (former) Mormons and Catholic on this sub. It’s hard to deny that the rituals (and sincere attempts) had a positive effect in us branching out elsewhere.

Hail us!

1 Like

I did too. That was my first trip to the temple. I never go my full Recommendation.

1 Like

Ah… If I remembered their names, I would petition both Hecate and Hel… Well, can’t change that (it was SO long ago). I must trust that the Gods took care of them. If they didn’t, well, that’s a different (set of) issue(s)…

Hell, I chose the wrong profession… I could’ve been a GOD of some offshoot commune somewhere…

1 Like

I only did 5 people. But yeah now know that the dead can still so sent to stuff. I feel
Kinda bad. But I don’t want to pull them away if they ended up some place they like.

1 Like

I felt my last post was derailing the thread. I’ll PM.