A spicy spirit

Someone has been wronging you? You wanna make truth known? Try this chad below. :point_down:

Popobawa, also Popo Bawa, is the name of an evil spirit or shetani, which is believed by residents of Zanzibar to have first appeared on the Tanzanian island of Pemba.

Popobawa is a shapeshifter and described as taking different forms, not just that of a bat as its name implies. It can take either human or animal form, and metamorphose from one into the other. Popobawa typically visits homesteads at night, but can also be seen in the daytime. It is sometimes associated with the presence of a sulfurous odor, but this is not always the case. Popobawa attacks men, women and children, and may attack all of the members of a household, before passing on to another house in the neighbourhood. Its nocturnal attacks can comprise simple physical assault and/or poltergeist-like phenomena; but most feared is sexual assault and the anal sodomising of men and women.
Victims are often urged to tell others that they have been assaulted, and are threatened with repeat visits by Popobawa if they do not. During Popobawa panics many people try to guard against attack by spending the night awake outside of their houses, often huddled around an open fire with other family members and neighbours. Panics occur most often in Zanzibar, throughout the island of Pemba and in the north and west of Unguja island, including Zanzibar City. Episodes have also been reported in Dar es Salaam and other towns on the mainland coast of Tanzania.

images - 2021-04-25T022314.647

2 Likes

I’m confused, is this a cryptid or spirit?

Have you tried working with it and got results?

From mythology.net

the Popobawa did not appear until 1965, and he didn’t grow famous until 1972, when an uptick in rape reports led to mass hysteria.
The monster appears more often and becomes more violent when elections are about to take place, especially if the election is highly controversial

:thinking:
Chad” is not the word I’d use for it on first impressions.

1 Like

I gotta admit the writing looks confusing tho.

Used it to expose a pedophile, 10/10

There is a theory actually where its told this spirit is a djinn let loose on people by a Sheikh, but I don’t know if that’s the case.

But yea, Chad might be a bit too much :joy_cat:

1 Like

So i just invowe lokr any spirt,?

Yes, lack of a sigil might be challengeful for some but you can bypass that by making a sigil yourself, easy work.

See, now this looks like a spirit that can get shit done…

1 Like