A really tough choice to make

Hi,

I am writing to ask you for an advice. I have a really tough choice to make and I want to hear your opinions on what do you do when you have to choose between A or B when not knowing the potential conseuences of either and when both choices are equally appealing to you. I have to choose between 2 university programs: one is an MA Business Program that is shiny and at least holds a promise of a job afterwards (however there is an option that they just make it look good on paper), the other is a PhD program in let’s say Sociology. One choice seems to be way more practical potentially while the other is closer to my passions. To be fair I can’t make my choice based on reason alone, since it’s 50/50 and I am kind of freaking out since I have to choose one way or another soon. Any rituals/techniques apart from Tarot to help me resolve this conundrum? Thank you for all your suggestions in advance.

You could ask an angel or a demon for help. There are a few. If youre familiar with the Gallery of Magick, i recommend their books the 72 angels of magick and the 72 demons of magick. Both have entities that help with decision making. But you might want a faster way, so i also recommend Lucifer and the Hidden Demons by Theodore Rose. The demon Myrmo can help.

3 Likes

Myrmo
Under Oriens, Paymon, Ariton, and Amaymon

2 Likes

Nothing kills passion like obligation. Is it something you find tolerable and can do for long periods of time with some sense of enjoyment? If yes then go for it. If it’s a passion like a hobby that you only do on a whim for your own self, your own enjoyment, then don’t go in that direction.

Really though I am just speaking from personal experience. If you have a passion for a hobby and try turning it into paid work on a deadline, you may come to hate it.

6 Likes

So I see this as a case of not having enough information. I do what I call the “taste test”… I settle in to a comfortable meditate (as in, quietly thoughtful) state, and one by one, picture the outcomes as if they exist right now.

From there I explore how I feel about it, what my day looks like, the conversations and interaction I might have, how I get lunch and how I get home and what my social life became, soup to nuts what that whole lifestyle looks like.

This is where the magick part comes in, you’re basically using a light trance to induce message from your subconscious about the “future” which is now, which is a form of prophecy. This means it’s important to stay relaxed to let the energy flow easily. Like how people get great ideas in the shower. :slight_smile:

Reserve judgement until after all sessions are complete if you can, then take your notes after sleeping on them for a night and draw up the pros and cons with the new information.

Truer words were never said. You can still follow sociology providers online and keep up with it. I like this approach because you can tailor your study to aspects that are not in a course, are probably more advanced, and you might not have time for in a course, not that an MBA is light on time.

My passion was astrophysics, but that’s only a small part of a physics degree, Some classes were never going to be useful and I forgot them, but I still have my original textbooks from astrophysics, even though I didn’t finish reading them at the time because I had to, :joy:

It also occurs to me that an MBA lets you afford all the books and memberships you’d like. But then, you could lose access to course related affiliate and alumni programs, student unions etc if those exist.

2 Likes

You can always do both. The wonderful thing about education is there is no limit to what you can study.

4 Likes

Similar to Mulberry’s practice,

I don’t like this to be the only thing that I consider, but it is true that we live in a connected world with other people, and so we are all known in some way to those around us, to the people who branch off from our connections, and potentially to people we’ve never met if they somehow perceive your work or you.

I don’t think it’s helpful to think about others judging, but I think there is something powerful in considering how you want to be known. What do you need to do or get to other people?

And for the record, I know of people who did graduate studies in social/cognitive/behavioral sciences and went on to industry as data scientists. If you’re concerned about not making it into academia, everyone wants a data person nowadays.

1 Like

Maybe bad advice actually.

Do whatever you want to do - that one has actually gone well for me.