A question about Servitors

I’ve been stumbling through the path-working found in Evoking Eternity and have come to the point where I am to ask for Servitors and Familiars.
Done…but the question remains, what are they and how do they function.

I did a skrying and tarot session regarding servitors yesterday, and I have a pretty clear idea from that as to what these beings are…I think…I’d like to get your opinions, experiences, and uses for these beings before moving forward with this.

So let’s hear it.

They are just lesser entities working for another entity.

Reminds me of the dreaming emissary from The Art of Dreaming for some reason. Probably totally different though.

When I did my divination exercise I kept getting all of their uses, and warnings about making sure I was thorough with the instructions to them. what I couldn’t get out of that session was where to find them, or if they are something I create myself. The instructions in Evoking Eternity were to “ask Raziel to surround you with HIS servitors and familiars.” So I’m assuming these beings exist outside of my own creation, I have no idea what to look for or how to spot them.

The type of servitors I"m most familiar with are the type that a magician makes by gathering raw energy, giving it a shape and programming it with instructions for its assigned task, and then dissipating it when it’s function is complete.

I know that entities that are lower in a heirarchy and ‘in service’ to a more powerful entity are also referred to servitors too, but I’m not as familiar with that type.

Edit: Going to flip through Evoking Eternity tonight because I can’t remember the part you’re referring to…

It’s on page 105 under III RAZIEL.

The type you’re speaking of are called Egragores, at least by Konstantinos in Summoning Spirits. I can see the use of creating your own spiritual servants, but spotting the ones you’ve been assigned seems more powerful. At least at this point in my journey.

[quote=“ZachD555, post:6, topic:267”]It’s on page 105 under III RAZIEL.

The type you’re speaking of are called Egragores, at least by Konstantinos in Summoning Spirits. I can see the use of creating your own spiritual servants, but spotting the ones you’ve been assigned seems more powerful. At least at this point in my journey.[/quote]

I’ve never read any Konstantinos, I’ve only saw egragore used to describe a current of energy created by a working coven or other magical group. I do definitely think finding ones assigned to you would be a more powerful practice than creating your own in most cases.

Language is a pain in the ass sometimes lol…

Agreed language is a pain in the ass! Especially when dealing with occult and supernatural studies. Since, the same idea and concept of a spiritual entity has several names depending on who you’re talking with.

Y’all are likely gonna laugh yourselves onto the floor on this one, but bear with me in my odd celtic ways…

When I make a hand made servant, I literally make it in the palm of my hand! I’m not kidding. Wild, right? But seriously - how ‘big’ does Energy need to be? It needs to be tightly focused & clearly instructed.

I raise Energy in my palm, get it spinning really fast & tight like a little dark tornado while infusing it with clarity about the result I expect. Sometimes when I release it, I’ll morph it into an animal or a shade, but that’s it. :wink: Z

[quote=“Zoe, post:9, topic:267”]Y’all are likely gonna laugh yourselves onto the floor on this one, but bear with me in my odd celtic ways…

When I make a hand made servant, I literally make it in the palm of my hand! I’m not kidding. Wild, right? But seriously - how ‘big’ does Energy need to be? It needs to be tightly focused & clearly instructed.

I raise Energy in my palm, get it spinning really fast & tight like a little dark tornado while infusing it with clarity about the result I expect. Sometimes when I release it, I’ll morph it into an animal or a shade, but that’s it. :wink: Z[/quote]

No laughing here, that’s exactly how I was taught and what I was referring too in my description of servitors. :slight_smile:

I’m not laughing, I’m learning, thank you Zoe!

My assumption is since you can create them, I can create them and other beings of higher intelligence can create them. I’m sure an archangel would have no problem creating these things by the thousands and assigning them to whomever he wants. If we made our own, I bet we could loan them to each other and name them. Kind of like pets that actually mind and do our bidding.

There’s a great book out there called “creating magical entities”. Very helpful and fast read. I made one that collects past due accounts. So far we’re at $23,000! Doesn’t work all the time but sure increases the odds. My favorite was when one person called and said “I can’t get you out of my head. The money’s coming soon”. The creation involved sigil work, blessing, focused attention and a drop of my blood. When I was really working with it a lot, my wife saw it in the driveway and gave me a perfect description of it.

Creating your own servitor allows for some real fine tuning although getting a legion or familiar lent to you can be good too. I’ve had more experience with the former than with the latter.

1 Like

I detailed in my book Baneful Magick one of my experiences with such servitors, gathering around me after performing one of my first rituals of baneful magick, given below:

"My body could no longer hold itself up, nor could my mind sustain itself.  I entered the abyss that awaited me, and only moments before falling out of awareness, I saw through my cracked eyelids three shadows without owners enter my room through the window.  They soared above me in circles, and drew closer as I drifted farther from the flesh.  In the moment that I left consciousness, the three shadows entered me.
I awoke the next morning surrounded by melted candle wax and stale incense smoke… and the three visitors who I had through the night tried to believe were products of my imagination.  Although, because of my return to a state of ordinary consciousness, I could no longer see them, I could feel them with me, as three distinct individual intelligences whose minds and awareness were linked with mine.  As I went out into the city, I could sense them there as my constant companions, and steady reminders of the darkness that had consumed the previous night."

Every occasion since when I have received servitors, their manifestation has been quite similar: in the moment of the receiving, whilst still firmly seated in the Rapture, they appear as shadow forms; once I have returned to normal operating awareness, I simply sense them around me.

I found that these servitors are adept at minor tasks, such as influencing the thoughts, emotions, and behavior of others. All that I would need to do is envision the desired outcome, internally command the spirits to carry it out, and release my desire to them, and the results have almost always been immediate.

What I’ve preferred to use these servitors for, however, is as muses of sorts. Surrounded by servitors of Venusian or Neptunian influence, art, writing, poetry, music, and the like flows more freely. Other sorts of spirits can help immensely with mathematical ability, others with linguistics, etc.

E.A are these servitors granted by Major Demons after you bind yourself to them in some way…Or after certain rituals requesting them…Or is their being given to you kind of capricious?