A question about Curses

Is it possible to curse someone and then if and when that person deserving of the curse stops their harmful behavior the curse gets lifted? What would happen to that energy would it return to the sender? Could it be automatically sent toward a secondary target?

Specifically, A niece of mine is being stalked by her ex boyfriend. so if he got cursed, then stopped stalking my niece could the energy /momentum from that curse be redirected to an other deserving target such as a imprisoned child molester? Could that be set up right at the beginning of the curse so it would happen automatically?

No, a curse cannot be lifted just because the behaviour has changed. A curse is not something that can be taken on and off like a jacket.

Plus, stalkers never change their behaviour, regardless of the consequences they may suffer. They tend to be obsessive, and believe they are doing nothing wrong, so are far more likely to double down on their behaviour than stop it.

7 Likes

Yes a curse can be temporary, Iā€™ve had to do it a few times, however, it depends on how you do it. It can be considered one of those ā€œkarmaā€ curses. Not literal objective karma but subjective based on the one who cast it. The curse basically triggers when they do something the caster deemed shitty, as they continue, then normally it gets worse, just like being shitty triggers the curse, it can be lifted by the caster or once the requirements are met.

Remember curses are similar to constructs with programming, put in the right programming and a curse can have a trigger to turn it on and a trigger to turn it off/remove it.

4 Likes

In my experience (so far), a curse cannot be lifted. Actually, if you (honestly) regret casting the spell, or (honestly) change your mind about it, it will actually hit the target even harder.

I see the experience is different to some people. I can only speak for myself, of course.

4 Likes

I will share one experience I had, where I didnā€™t curse exectly but I set Draā€™talon on a stalker.

It turned out, the stalker was parasitsed, and Draā€™talon killed the parasite. The stalking stopped, apologised profusely, said he didnā€™t understand ā€˜what had come over himā€™ -his words - and all was well after that.

So my take was that its was the parasitation that caused the behaviour, Draā€™talon, on being asked to kill the stalker killed the parasite, and the human survived relatively unscathed.

This means, it depends what the curse attached to. It may be finished and dissipate. That depends on the intention set when making the curse, and the cleverness of the entity involved, if any. Hail Draā€™talon!

If not, then Iā€™d say donā€™t try to redirect it, just revoke it. And yes, next time make it conditional, but be careful to maintain clear focus so that caveat doesnā€™t confuse the actionable part.

5 Likes

Thank you Darkest Knight, I appreciate your thoughts.

Rungr, Thanks I have no idea how to do what you suggest. Since my experience with magik in sort of newbe, I think cursing the jerk is not going to be my course of action.

Xendrath, You have given me something to think about long and hard.

Maulbeere, Interesting a parasite did that to a person. Wow, we are so embedded with the idea that we all have free will. I would have never considered that a parasite could do that.

Thanks Everyone for all of your thoughtful comments. I have learned some things.

Depends on how you make the spell, be it through writing or speech or both, putting in a ā€œyou will experience [insert punishment] until you learn [insert lesson]ā€ spells are like constructs, youā€™re basically giving it a programming that consists of a trigger, a action, and a means of turning it off.

1 Like

Wow, Thanks. That;s very helpful!

It Is important to watch your breath too. By inspiring like you say: ā€œby the power invested in me by the Dark Fatherā€¦ā€ Than by expiring, you center more on the result of the spell/curse: ā€œthe target is to beā€¦ā€

The same with pulling energy from the Qliphot or demon ally and by expiring pushing energy in the object of the spell.

:snake:

1 Like

Thanks Ray, More great advice.

1 Like