A Pathworking Balg BookClub

I just wanted to throw some feelers out and see how people felt about this idea. I know we have a MFWB that has been on repeat for a few months, but not all of us really want to do work for others- for all different sorts of reasons.

I did have the idea however, that it might be interesting if we got together as a group, and picked a grimoire and essentially pathworked through the grimoire at a somewhat set pace, and then compared notes on how things were working, shared tips that we picked up and essentially helped each other stay motivated to complete the entire work.

I originally said someone else should create it, because I have no desire to lead a group but would be more than happy to participate. The more I think about it, the less I think we really need a leader however, particularly if it’s mostly balg regulars partaking. Most of us regulars know how to handle operations and things like working through grimoires, so really ideally it would be a more magically mature group that could somewhat keep themselves in line, commit to a reasonable time frame and that would be willing to share how most of the rituals went for them, with each other.

The purpose wouldn’t be to do works for each other, but rather for ourselves, for people in lives, for bettering ourselves and our circumstances all with our own power and whatever the chosen grimoire is. Honestly I think it could probably be an ongoing thing, once we worked through one grimoire we could take votes on the next and just keep on trucking, or dip in and out as life allows us to do such, though it would be nice if we could commit to a grimoire at a time before we dip out short of emergencies.

I’m looking for thoughts on this, ideas on whether or not it should be open to the entire forum or just the regulars, which grimoires do you have interest in working in, how do you feel we should construct the timelines as far as working goes etc.

I honestly think the new book by Jareth Tempest would be a great place to start, as it has soooo many options. It’s real similar to many demonic grimoires, the first at least half of the book has rituals for specific types of outcomes, then there are pathworkings for the eight angels and the initiatory angel and then there are glpyhs, so that you can create your own sigils and workings.

I’ve read through the book, and I’ve used one pathworking to date. (It worked in case your wondering) Just reading through the first half or so of the book however, I could use almost every single ritual for myself or someone I know. I think we probably all could, so my idea for the first book in the club would be to work through the book one ritual at a time. I could personally commit to one ritual daily, except for the two weekends a month I have my kids. I have them this weekend, so if we began on say Monday 3/29/21 I could do a daily ritual for 14 days before I have to take a weekend off.

I know we all have personal lives so this may be a bit much, but what would work? One ritual every two days? Every three? I’m not set on any particular rules so to speak, and I think as mostly experienced peeps we shouldn’t need policed too hard on it, but I do think it would be nice to set guidelines for expectations of the group if we did it.

Of course then to consider is do we do this in pms, a lounged thread, or a public thread- where others could see how we operate. We could always do it in a lounged thread then move it to the public for others to view later as well.

Once again, just tossing ideas out there, I’m headed for a nap so if you gots some ideas, drop them below.

The Angels of Omnipotence - Kindle edition by Tempest, Jareth. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ AmazonSmile.

@ReyCuervo @Nephenthe @Nostre @Veil - I think you peeps all said it somewhat sounded cool, so just tagging to be sure you see this and get a chance to drop in your thoughts on it.

15 Likes

690 posts were merged into an existing topic: BALG Bookclub