Introduction ~ A Non Magician Trad Christian

Just messin’ with ya :wink: Let’s talk about the afterlife and god :sleeping: and all the Christian dogma that people like you and I have been subjected to since sucking on our mother’s tit.

If god does not exist. No problem: no hell, no divine tyrant setting the rules by which we are judged, yet happily breaking himself.

I see no evidence for this deity; either he does not exist, or if he does, he is either indifferent to the suffering of the human condition, or is incapable of intervening to alleviate it or can, but chooses not to out of malice. In any of the above scenarios, such a god is neither worthy of acknowledgment or worship.

So…we as magicians, get to fill in the vacuum left by the death of god. it is we, who get to not only create our own values but our own world in our own image and likeness.

And even if the judeo christian islamic hell does exist, it is only because we believe it to be so. And the nature of belief is that it is entirely contingent.

1 Like

Oh I know but opening a door doesn’t mean he can’t be a traditional Catholic. He doesn’t have to change his faith.
He can look into what Myrddin posted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea but he doesn’t want to mess with that at all. :confused: :thinking:

2 Likes

wtf.

Have a read!

oh and by the way, please ask your questions, you can still whine about not wanting to be here afterwards.
Besides, we’re not just all evil. :wink:

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

good one.
And true.

I hate debating faith,
when there’s no context or clearness.

Damn, techniqually i’m still catholic.^^

I pay my fee,
I work in a peace group,
on politic level.

You can do a lot, by learning.

Sincerely,

¥’B

2 Likes

I’ve been actually scolded looks at DarkestKnight so I have to ask @throwaway123 … You don’t seem to have an appropriate introduction post, would you like this one to be your official intro (which means you’ll have to change the title, but I could also do it if you’re unsure how) or better go here Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum - #4850 by johnbad and make a proper introduction?

1 Like

This is your fear speaking. It’s just another tool, magik itself is neutral.
Think of a knife - another powerful tool - it can kill, or open letters and spread the jam on your bread, it has no opinion on how it’s used… If you as the practitioner have malevolent intent, then your works will be the same. If you use it to help and heal people with their highest good at heart, then that’s what you’ll get.

3 Likes

what do you mean by a proper introduction?

all this is cool and all, but can anyone describe to me what the presence I speak of in my other threads is?

It’s one of the few rules we have around here, new members should introduce themselves, tell us a bit about yourself, your goals etc. This thread you have right here could stand as an introduction, but we will need to correct a bit the title so we can find your intro easier when/if it’s needed.

Contrary to common belief, OP, this whole “magic” thing is a door that can be shut- with magic. Think of it like chemically castrating yourself, the safest and fastest way to shut the door once it’s open is to prevent it from opening again.

What takes practice is opening and closing it on demand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re Roman catholic you’ve already been messing around with and partaking in rituals your entire life, including recieving sacraments through ceremony. You’ve been taught symbolism, how to cleanse with incense, the importance of fasting, adhering to holy days, life after death, ressurrection from the physical body, ascension, the power of chanting and reciting psalms and the presence of light bearing beings. Catholicism has prepared you for rituals, so really, you’re more experienced in the occult than you actually want to accept. You’ve been opening “weird doors” your whole life, now you can do it by choice, with intention for your own enlightenment

3 Likes

Hah! Jesuit priests are especially guilty of this. When I was a young Jesuit scholastic, so many of the senior, post Vatican II professed fathers poored scorn on the faithful little old catholic ladies in the pews for saying the Rosary after Mass!

Faithless swine not having the courage to out and out declare their secular humanism yet still fattening themselves and making themselves drunk off of the offerings of those same little old ladies.

1 Like

No worries, your experiences probably mean it’s time to grow. To open your eyes to what your mind is closed to. You’ve been part of a fear based religion, do not fear. Fear in dealing with the real spiritual reality, you won’t like it. Good luck

Yeah, talk about being pricks to absolute dogma and doctrine.

On aside note I don’t give the Catholic/Christian religion much of a nod at all. This sex scandal news is huge and I heard a priest interviewed on the radio about his young priesthood days. Apparently the upper eschelon loves stagnation and keeping only a select group of elders in the seat. That said, he described abuse by one of his elders above him while the rest of the young priests were swimming. He was called to the elders room and told to disrobe and more… This behavior gets passed down and results in the scandals we hear about happening to choir boys and more.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5370530/pennsylvania-grand-jury-report-catholic-church-abuse-vatican

I see only back doors opening here. The church already is suspected of practices of every art in secret. Money and power over ignorant and innocent worshippers.

So if you practice… eh so what. I guarantee the heads of the church practice something vile that makes your meddling look like child’s play.

And they do love the kiddies.

1 Like

I made a whole thread about it, it’s my only other thread

Ok I’ll change a bit the title of this thread to turn it into your introduction post.

Whatever answers you have for the OP regarding his post here Weird Things Happening, Wondering if they Hold any Magical Significance please answer him there!

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Why the door can never be close again? I’m curious

I went through a period where I closed the door on magic. But it never stopped calling me back.

2 Likes