A mixed Banishing :

I’ve been practicing the Dark Lord Banishing Rite for a few weeks now and have had decent results.

That being said I looked into the Lesser Banishing of the Pentagram ritual and am interested in it too.

If I combined them together in a way, would there be any negative effects?

The Dark Lord Banishing Rite calls upon Azazel, Belial, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Baphomet, Leviathan, Samael, Lucifer and Lilith while I admire that the Lesser srr Banishing Rite calls upon Raphael, Michael, Auriel and Gabriel.

So to me it would seem more balanced since I will be working with both sides.

3 Likes

No, you do not want to combine them. Each ritual has a certain energetic matrix that would be disrupted, making each ritual pointless and ineffectual.

Since a banishing ritual should be done twice a day, if you want to practice both, I recommend performing one of them in the morning upon awakening, and the other one at night before bed. That way, you will get the benefit of both, without them negating each other.

4 Likes

I am all for tinkering but what @DarkestKnight says is very valid particularly if you don’t have a lot of experience under your belt.

I feel his morning and evening suggestion is the right way for you to go at this current point in your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you both for your replies. I generally do one Banishing per day but I will do the Dark Lord one at Day and the Lesser Banishing one at Night.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Glad you found the suggestion useful :slight_smile:

Traditionally, a banishing ritual is said to work from sunrise to sundown, which is why it needs to be repeated at night. The boundary drawn by the ritual in the morning will have faded by the end of the day and so should be reestablished.

3 Likes

I usually do it in the middle of the Day before I meditate. I appreciate that you told me this and will start practicing this way.

Out of curiosity, doing one at day and another one at Night will not cause any problems right?

1 Like

No, it won’t, as the effect of the first one will be fading as you do the second one so there should be no problems.

I would keep an eye on your dreams though. You could get some interesting insights on how things fit together.

2 Likes

Awsome! I will give it a try :grinning:

2 Likes

Bumped an old thread but I PM’d you to know where can I find the Dark Lord Banishing Rite. I see about two variations, though.

Thanks

1 Like