A HOW-TO LESSON: Seeing Auras & Interpreting Colors

HOW TO SEE AURAS:
If you are struggling to see auras, either you are trying too hard or you are looking directly at the person. What you need to do is relax yours eyes, start by looking just to the right or left of the person as if you are looking about 2" away from their shoulder, arm, or face. The easiest is to find someone wearing a sleelveless or top with shoulders exposed as the shoulder is the easiest area to practice seeing auras, the shoulder area just where it starts to meet their upper arm. Make sure you first try this in good lighting, either sunlight, or bright lights like in a classroom, store, at a ball game field, etc.

The light amplifies auras and makes them easier to see. Do not gaze directly at their shoulder, you are not trying to examine their arm or their clothing, gaze about 2" away from it either on the left or right side of the body, although starting on the right side of their body seems to do better for beginners, for some reason the right side always shows up before the left side does.

While relaxing your gaze and fousing on that area, let your mind drift away, go into a deep stare like you would when charging a sigil or scrying into a mirror or crystal ball. That deep stare we all do from time to time when the entire room around you goes black and all you can see is the object you are looking at. In this deep gaze, keep looking to the side of the person as if you are looking just them past them instead of at them but do not pay attention to anything behind them in the background, pay attention only to the immediate area beside them and behind them.

You should begin to see a light forming around the person, like a mild glow, similar to when the lines of a sigil start glowing but this glow will seem to be attached to the personā€™s shoulder and arm as if a part of their body. Most auras only span about 2" outward but if the person is in a really pronounced mood, it could be slightly bigger. Depending on how your mind sees auras it could look like a swirling mass, it could have jagged spikey edges like electricity, or it could look like a smooth cloud outlining their body, it may even look like colored water floating around them or ectoplasm. Some people see them really bright, others see them as faint pastel colors.

INTERPRETING COLORS:
As for colors, most first time aura seers can only see white or yellow until they train their mind to recognize that the aura is real and is part of the person thru constant training and practice, instead of just some light that is next to them. When you get the hang of it, you should start seeing other colors which can range from any color spectrum of the rainbow, cool colors, warm colors, maybe even mixtures of colors and odd shades like instead of just purple you may see magenta (pinkish purple) or lavender (pale purple) or instead of just green you may see Mint green or even Emerald, it just depends on how your eyes process the light colors around you. If you seem to have problems with colors, like all of your friends say this chip is orange and you say no itā€™s yellow, and they say this notebook is purple while you swear itā€™s red, then you might only see pastel colors.

Obviously, each color has a different meaning but like tarot cards, after gaining experience some people choose to associate their own meanings to the colors based on the expressions on the personā€™s face, their mannuerisms, bahvavior etc. Some can only see white and can never see color for some reason. I have met many people who only see white so they have learned to read the person, not just their physical appearance but emotionally, they link to the person emotionally sort of like you would if doing psychic vampirism, but the key is not to drain their energy, just to reach inside of their energy with your mind and ā€œreadā€ them.

EMOTIONAL LINKING:
You know these people that can look at someone and instantly pick up on things about them, details that only that person should know, but the magician seems to have figured them out just by gazing at them for a few seconds? Reading auras is similar, you are pretty much doing the same thing but instead of connecting with the person emotionally or mentally, you are using the colors to figure them out because the color they project depends on their mood, personality, experiences, and a few other factors. It is possible to see more than one color, if a person is experiencing multiple emotions, feelings, or events in their life whether good or bad.

COLOR ASSOCATIONS:
Here are some color examples and their associations. The colors can mean so much more than this, these are just some examples. Others may also have different meanings depending upon what they have read or what they have experienced with their own intuition.

RED: lifeforce, survival, raw passion, anger, frustration, menstruation, determination, sense of importance, feeling overwhelmed by change

ORANGE: sensuality, physical pleasure, emotional self-expression, creativity, lacking reason, lacking self-discipline, health, vitality

YELLOW: mental alertness, analytical thought, happiness, optimism, child-like, ego driven, thinking at expense of feeling

GREEN: healing, peace, nurturing, new growth, fear, need for security, jealousy and envy, balance

BLUE: verbal communication, freethinking, relating to structure and organization, emphasis on business, male energies, sadness, possibilities

PURPLE: wisdom, authoritative, female energies, matriarchal, sense of superiority, controlling, imagination, intuition

BROWN: grounding, down to earth, practical, male energies, invalidating, emphasizing body and denying spirit, feeling worth-less

BLACK: issues relating to death, hatred, lack of forgiveness, unresolved karma, dark intentions, shadow games, needing compassion for self

PINK: self-love, tenderness, female energies, gay energies, emphasis on physical appearances, being ā€˜niceā€™ at expense of being ā€˜realā€™

WHITE (CLOUDY): New Age or religious energy, lacking consciousness, a cover-up, denial, being ā€˜goodā€™ at expense of being ā€˜wholeā€™

WHITE (CLEAR LIGHT): very high spiritual vibration, godly, divine, inspiration, seeing spiritual big picture, compassionate

GOLD: high spiritual vibration, integrity, respect, freedom, clearseeing, integrating spirit and body, creating as spirit

You have to learn how to associate the meanings of the colors with what they are feeling based on what your intuition receives from their energy or what you can gather by just looking at them and observing. Honestly, you could think of aura reading as a form of divination as you looking for insight into the mind and emotions of the person you are focusing on.

44 Likes

I apologize for posting things like this so often. My intention is not to come across as a know-it-all or anything like that. I honestly just genuinely love the occult and I enjoy teaching others when I can. My hopes in posting materials like this, is that at least one person will walk away with a deeper understanding.

Also, I have a pact with 2 spirits that I will teach others about the occult as much as I can in an attempt to properly educate people on how the occult really works and eliminate this hollywood movie misconception bullshit. So I see no reason to limit myself to teaching only those who know nothing about the occult, when I can also help others who practice magick and need some insight and examples. So lately, I have been preoccupied by the occult even more than usual, but I honesty just want to help and I enjoy teaching others. Iā€™m going to start a metaphysical blog.

8 Likes

Even my aura screams self love :smiley: wellā€¦ Actually it seemed kind of white and pink at the same time, judging on a quick look. and now that i look again, i can see some bluish as well, i guess i have many vibrations going on.

All were seen pretty faintly, i guess it takes more practice if i wanted to see them super clearly. Now its pretty hard to say was that a visual trick or actual aura - skepticism.

I think your threads are very cool, and much needed in this forum.

[quote=ā€œRavensAscent, post:2, topic:5757ā€]I apologize for posting things like this so often. My intention is not to come across as a know-it-all or anything like that. I honestly just genuinely love the occult and I enjoy teaching others when I can. My hopes in posting materials like this, is that at least one person will walk away with a deeper understanding.

Also, I have a pact with 2 spirits that I will teach others about the occult as much as I can in an attempt to properly educate people on how the occult really works and eliminate this hollywood movie misconception bullshit. So I see no reason to limit myself to teaching only those who know nothing about the occult, when I can also help others who practice magick and need some insight and examples. So lately, I have been preoccupied by the occult even more than usual, but I honesty just want to help and I enjoy teaching others. Iā€™m going to start a metaphysical blog.[/quote]

Actually,these kinds of threads are the ones most worth reading.

Aura-reading,in particular,is something I struggle with.Iā€™m one of those ā€˜ā€˜readersā€™ā€™ as youā€™ve described,who tell what they can from looking at people,and while I do perceive auras at an unconscious level,I havenā€™t seen colors,that much.

So,Iā€™m gonna devote myself to this once more,because itā€™s something Iā€™d love to master!

Whenā€™s your next HOW-TO LESSON coming?And whatā€™s it gonna be about?

2 Likes

Well, I started my blog the other day. Itā€™s only been up for like 5 days now but seems to be doing good so far. Actually, I have had 2 requests outside this forum for me to do a post on how to see spirits. I will probably tackle that one soon, but that will take a few days to write because everyone is so different so with seeing entities, the post canā€™t be too generalized like auras or spells. This is something that what worked for me, might not work for you. So I will have to do some serious research and get some other magicianā€™s opinions on this first, try to get a general consensus of the most commonly used methods for learning to see spirits that work best because a topic like that, is very subjective to opinions and individual experiences.

I only have 5 articles listed on my blog so far and mostly things I have already covered here, but I have 20 pages of topics I have pre-written saved to a microsoft word document that I will be slowly adding to my blog as posts, and there will be many things that will not be mentioned here. But if anyone wants the link to my blog, send me a PM. I have shared a lot of stuff like this lately and do not want the mods here to think I am over stepping my boundaries with advertising or anything like that. I will post the link to my blog on my profile here too in just a few minutes.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œRavensAscent, post:5, topic:5757ā€]Well, I started my blog the other day. Itā€™s only been up for like 5 days now but seems to be doing good so far. Actually, I have had 2 requests outside this forum for me to do a post on how to see spirits. I will probably tackle that one soon, but that will take a few days to write because everyone is so different so with seeing entities, the post canā€™t be too generalized like auras or spells. This is something that what worked for me, might not work for you. So I will have to do some serious research and get some other magicianā€™s opinions on this first, try to get a general consensus of the most commonly used methods for learning to see spirits that work best because a topic like that, is very subjective to opinions and individual experiences.

I only have 5 articles listed on my blog so far and mostly things I have already covered here, but I have 20 pages of topics I have pre-written saved to a microsoft word document that I will be slowly adding to my blog as posts, and there will be many things that will not be mentioned here. But if anyone wants to the link to my blog, send me a PM. I have shared a lot of stuff like lately and do not want the mods to think I am over stepping my boundaries with advertising or anything like that.[/quote]

Would it trouble you too much to provide a link to your blog?

Thank you! And I know how much youā€™re enjoying this.

I know youā€™ve already told me a bit about fay magick and your experiences with it in a PM,but Iā€™d love to hear more about it. It has been calling me for quite some timr now and I need to get to pathworking it.

However, there is no rush! I have all Summer. So thank you!

[quote=ā€œArcane, post:6, topic:5757ā€][quote=ā€œRavensAscent, post:5, topic:5757ā€]Well, I started my blog the other day. Itā€™s only been up for like 5 days now but seems to be doing good so far. Actually, I have had 2 requests outside this forum for me to do a post on how to see spirits. I will probably tackle that one soon, but that will take a few days to write because everyone is so different so with seeing entities, the post canā€™t be too generalized like auras or spells. This is something that what worked for me, might not work for you. So I will have to do some serious research and get some other magicianā€™s opinions on this first, try to get a general consensus of the most commonly used methods for learning to see spirits that work best because a topic like that, is very subjective to opinions and individual experiences.

I only have 5 articles listed on my blog so far and mostly things I have already covered here, but I have 20 pages of topics I have pre-written saved to a microsoft word document that I will be slowly adding to my blog as posts, and there will be many things that will not be mentioned here. But if anyone wants to the link to my blog, send me a PM. I have shared a lot of stuff like lately and do not want the mods to think I am over stepping my boundaries with advertising or anything like that.[/quote]

Would it trouble you too much to provide a link to your blog?

Thank you! And I know how much youā€™re enjoying this.

I know youā€™ve already told me a bit about fay magick and your experiences with it in a PM,but Iā€™d love to hear more about it. It has been calling me for quite some timr now and I need to get to pathworking it.

However, there is no rush! I have all Summer. So thank you![/quote]

Nevermind!I.found your.blog!

Your welcome Arcane. I am a very busy person these days. The demons I am working with are bettering my life in so many ways. Things are really looking up for me, finally getting revenge on my ex and his immature wife, had an opportunity just now to finally scare the shit out of that Zonkers guy that harassed me over the Etsy topic so now he believes in magick and is afraid of me LOL.

I am undertaking so many projects to share my love of the occult but when I have time I will get around to it. Gonna go mess with my blog in just a second and I will consider doing some Fae magick topics soon. I LOVE faeries! But magick has changed my life in so many ways. I have been a sorceress for 19 years but E.A.'s methods have really transformed me. I wish I could give him a personal thank you but he is always so busy he is unreachable unless asking for a consultation.

I am getting ready to fill one of my web-stores with handmade magickal tools and products that no one hardly ever has online. Itā€™s going to be interesting.

As Ravenascent said,iā€™m seeing only a white light surounding the humans and itā€™s very clear in the sunlight.
I remember one time i saw something like a crystal clear ball above the head of some people.It reminded me the spirit gate of the middle pillar ritual.It wasnā€™t a vision or something like that.I saw at least three people walking around with a static crystal ball floating above their heads.

Iā€™m sure it doesnā€™t even need saying but please, go for it! :slight_smile:

This forum is all about people supporting each other and that includes sharing tutorials and how-toā€™s, even if there are threads about the topic, thereā€™s still the likelihood that one personā€™s perspective on something will bring out a whole new angle to someone else whoā€™s reading, I mean TWF recently replied on a thread where I asked something about Tarot and one of his statements immediately threw a new light on a situation that truly changed things!

Weā€™re all students and also all have something we know thatā€™s worth sharing, so please go right ahead, same goes for anyone else. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are great. Iā€™m bookmarking them for future reference. Thanks RavensAscent.

Iā€™d also love to get the link to your blog, where undoubtedly I can read up on more tutorials like this. Did you ever think about putting a magic herbology encyclopedia on your blog as well? Your knowledge with that helped me with that succulent, and I can tell you for sure that you canā€™t find that kind of info elsewhere via google.

Iā€™m sure it doesnā€™t even need saying but please, go for it! :slight_smile:

This forum is all about people supporting each other and that includes sharing tutorials and how-toā€™s, even if there are threads about the topic, thereā€™s still the likelihood that one personā€™s perspective on something will bring out a whole new angle to someone else whoā€™s reading, I mean TWF recently replied on a thread where I asked something about Tarot and one of his statements immediately threw a new light on a situation that truly changed things!

Weā€™re all students and also all have something we know thatā€™s worth sharing, so please go right ahead, same goes for anyone else. :)[/quote]

I hate to say only ā€œI agreeā€ but I do. I used to be part of a thread base that worked on psychic abilities but they refused to teach or do anything outside talk about worthless be that had nothing to do with psionicsā€¦

Iā€™m considering posting a view lessons myself requarding RV and healing butā€¦not sure how I do it honestly. Currently I am working on seeing auras. Though Iā€™ve had some success it still something I need to work on and Iā€™ve neglected it.

I hope you will post more

1 Like

When Iā€™m viewing auras, I do t put so much emphasis on the colors, unless itā€™s an unhealthy one. I think the vibrancy and intensity of it is more important because the colors change. Perhaps I am wrong in this thinking???

I noticed that when my eyes wander I see auras around objects as well. Of course it could be normal or from residual energies from who touched them. I try not to put too much emphasis on colors of auras since they are too subjective to me. But intuition and using your own empathic gift is very useful when combined with this skill.

Just wanna say thank you for this, I have always been very intuitive and connected but have never been able to see auraā€™s before. But this post has helped me and because of it, Iā€™m seeing peopleā€™s auraā€™s for the first time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome.

Are there any techniques I can use to start seeing colour? All I see is a white cloud.

This is helpful and I will start learning this.How would I go about seeing my own aura or is it not possible (i just joined and trying to figure out some of the magick i dont know much about )

Everyone is different in their own way because as humans we are . We all have a different storyline of meaning towards our path in life involving all these things that you have stated and is in fact true but you must apply it to our knowledge in our life as in the tree of life and knowledge. Once you manifest this into your own self as one within youā€™ll begin to notice you have your own tree that you put together of the divine knowledge ā€¦ I see this how to lesson very simuler with the philosopher stoneā€¦ I really do admire your wisdom and knowledge and youā€™re seeking and I thank you for sharing this , Just remember to hold fast to your light within your heart Through the process steps and trust your guides

1 Like

@kasuk1