A good voodoo book?

I am looking for a reputable book on the theory and practical application of voodoo. In other words, I’m looking for a book that talks about “how” voodoo works (it’s beliefs, etc) as well as how one can begin to use it.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but his book is really good:

6 Likes

Anything else? Maybe something not from Koetting lol

Books on Voodoo have become dime a dozen for the past century. It is hard to find a book that all practitioners agree upon as a descent foundation, because the reality is the only way to build that foundation is through community and education of tradition. There is however a book that comes to mind I think will enrich or even lift a great veil of demystification if they read Written In Blood by Robert Heinl.

1 Like

Vodou Quantum Leap by Reginald Crosley. Good luck finding a reasonably priced copy, though.

I like Milo Rigaud’s work. The Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook by Denise Alvarado can give you a good basis of Vodun spell crafting.

3 Likes

Hyatt & Black - Urban Voodoo - A Beginner’s Guide to Afro-Caribbean Magic

1 Like

The first E.A’s book I read, First genuine occult also. Blew my mind knowing that this kind of information is out there available in the open.

I hate to say it but E.A. book on voudon is not that good. Is a like urban voodoo. A modern westerner interpretation of it. It works? Yes just like hoodoo practitioners can work with the loa and Orisha. Is it traditional? No but hell we all seek results not lineage.

Brother moloch book in voodoo have some interesting info but not all encompassing with some modern modifications added. But good enough.

1 Like