A few questions about the third eye

Because it exists in a tradition (actually, several eastern traditions). It exists within its own culture and spirituality. It comes with its own “thing”.

Ignoring that, just stealing what you like and throwing away everything else is watering down that tradition. You aren’t getting everything that tradition can teach about the third eye and it’s functions.

For the same reason that we know 99% of books on ATRs are Bullshit. It exists in.a living tradition that is practiced by people hand taught and immersed in that culture. Books can NEVER supplement a real teacher. Ever.

And actually, people DO OWN THESE CONCEPTS. The chakras and.tree of life do not match up, that is a lie. And the middle pillar does not awaken kundalini.

You will never learn the secrets ofa tradition without initiation.

Euoi You seem very sure of yourself, and yes the tree of life and chakra don’t match exactly, but they are similar. Again you can’t own a concept, i can’t own mathematics, but i can learn and contribute by proving theorems, creating new branches etc. Books can never replace a teacher, that’s true, but you can supplement a teacher with books.
The middle pillar can awaken kundalini or equivalent energies in people.
Of course you will not learn a tradition without initiation, but the process of meditating on these symbols is a kind of an initiation, a longer route if you will. Read the mystical kabbalah by dion furtune, she states that meditating on a symbol that you have no knowledge of, will grant you access to the information it contains.

Also remember when the student are ready the teacher will appear, nobody said it had to be a physical teacher. Learning from books are better than not learning at all, but it will take longer time for sure.

[edit] And about stealing from cultures. Well you better not use our 10 base number system you know 0,1,2,3… It was an arabs invention, everything is “stolen”, new knowledge comes from many places around the world and we better learn from each other.
To close if you would limit yourself, only learn domains of knowledge where you can get the full picture, ie not watering down, how the hell will you learn anything. what if I say that you cant use basic algebra before you got an phd in mathematics and learned why it really does work. But the kicker is that you need to know basic algebra to learn why it works.

1 Like

Actually, you CAN own them. They aren’t some stand alone stuff. They exist and have meaning ONLY because they exist in a culture and tradition. The tree of life only makes real sense in kabbalah.
You aren’t contributing to anything good by stealing and warping things.

Actually, yes, a physical teacher is required to learn a tradition.

I respect your opinion, and maybe that’s true from your perspective. But I myself will stand firm in my position that knowledge has no borders, and if no physical teacher can be found, there are always other ways to access egregores.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no respect for your opinion. You are doing nothing but supporting cultural appropriation and watering down of spirituality. It disgusts me that people think it’s ok to shit on somebody else’s tradition and culture.

Cool proeng described pretty well what i was thinking :D, if we were to learn only things that are taught as my physical teachers how would we learn anything… How would those teachers learn anything, quite rare to have nonstop lineage of shamans in modern world.

I see it as best option to try different things out (except maybe very hazardous ones) and see what works best for you. In today’s worlds we are using pretty much stuff from different cultures anyways, even if we don’t know much about that culture so if its possible for western mystic to open their third eye and benefit from it i don’t see why shouldn’t he/she.

1 Like

There are no secrets, everything is permitted, we don’t need anyones permission to work with chakras or anything else. It is our right since they are present with us since the day we are born. We don’t live in a theocracy. All the book sources I have published are by people from India, they don’t mind publishing and giving access to the books and workings.

1 Like

And this is why modern occultists can’t have nice things. Because they think it’s ok to steal and break shit.

People acquiring knowledge from other cultures is not a new thing. In ancient times people would go out and travel and learn what they could from various places in the world then return home and add to what would usually become a library. It’s a shame so many of those ancient libraries were destroyed but there is proof of that happening. So saying its watered down I think is wrong. I believe it’s more of a refining actually since its been used so much people know what works and cut out the parts that don’t. If I had the chance to practice the cultural way of course I would try it for the experience if anything. But saying that a different way is watered down is wrong. But its your right to believe what you want.

Also please by all means offer some insight into how you do things differently rather than getting into argument with members of the forum.

That’s a different thing altogether. Cultural mingling is different than cultural appropriation.
There is no refining going on. New age authors have just made up a bunch of stuff based on skewed understanding of practices out of their natural context.
Two equal cultures share. Eastern culture and land was DOMINATED and taken by Europeans. There is a significant difference.

Why measure others success or failures, or their different approaches in magic? Just because some of us doesn’t do necromancy, we shouldn’t neglect the differency of that path and ignore it for a similar reason like yours on chakras.

Because my practice of Necromancy isn’t stealing practices from other traditions without understanding the tradition itself. I do not keep dead folk in cauldrons and call them muertos in order to imitate Palo. There is more to it than just that, and I would fail at producing the full scope of what that practice means and does.

[quote=“Red6joker, post:1, topic:5759”]Hello all,

So as the title says I have a few questions about the 3rd eye, my main question is what to do when you get to the point where you can feel it swelling when meditating? I try and focus on it like most of the people recommend what they talk about opening it, but when I do that I just feel that swelling sort of slip away.

My second question is what did you do when faced with my dilemma? Or what happened to you when you did this “exercise” what did you do differently?[/quote]

A good exercise from the Kundalini Tantra book is to try and see through it, like your vision is coming from the forehead instead of both your eyes.

Alright man, this isn’t a thread discussing the right and wrong of using different cultures magick. If you can’t offer advice on doing something differently to help with seeing and hearing summoned entities, be them demonic or spirits of any kind then just don’t say anything. You single handedly turned this thread into something else completely and the way you have gone about things just makes you look bad.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just because you (or anyone) thinks that theirs is right doesn’t make it so.

1 Like

[quote=“Globalitz, post:34, topic:5759”][quote=“Red6joker, post:1, topic:5759”]Hello all,

So as the title says I have a few questions about the 3rd eye, my main question is what to do when you get to the point where you can feel it swelling when meditating? I try and focus on it like most of the people recommend what they talk about opening it, but when I do that I just feel that swelling sort of slip away.

My second question is what did you do when faced with my dilemma? Or what happened to you when you did this “exercise” what did you do differently?[/quote]

A good exercise from the Kundalini Tantra book is to try and see through it, like your vision is coming from the forehead instead of both your eyes.[/quote]

I’ll have to give that a try. I’ll see if I can find that book locally if not then I’m sure amazon will have it.

[quote=“Red6joker, post:36, topic:5759”][quote=“Globalitz, post:34, topic:5759”][quote=“Red6joker, post:1, topic:5759”]Hello all,

A good exercise from the Kundalini Tantra book is to try and see through it, like your vision is coming from the forehead instead of both your eyes.[/quote]

I’ll have to give that a try. I’ll see if I can find that book locally if not then I’m sure amazon will have it.[/quote]

No problem. Here is another one. It is number 3:
[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/a-good-way-to-power-up/msg65766/#msg65766]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/a-good-way-to-power-up/msg65766/#msg65766[/url]

If anybody want’s to continue the discussion about magic and other cultures i made a thread just for that. [url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/the-benefits-and-dangers-in-using-magick-from-different-cultures/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/the-benefits-and-dangers-in-using-magick-from-different-cultures/[/url]

But please let’s all show each others respect, and have some fun :slight_smile:

“Jesus” Euoi… Do you realize how hypocritical you seem in this thread.

Guy in this thread asks about third eye, you come here acting all better and blaming people on “stealing and breaking culture” if people want to activate their third eyes they are not stealing third eyes and cultures away from other people, they are activating a power in themselves and i don’t see how wouldn’t we have this right had we been initiated or not.

And this is actually how modern occultists - have - nice things, we check out what works for us and don’t choose to have such limiting ways of thinking like that you have chosen here euoi.

I don’t know maybe i could have just ignored, but i’m getting so annoyed now of all this blaming… Don’t even really get why are you on this forum, because you really seem to despise all that E.A koetting says.

A lot of stuff in time waves of history has probably been “stolen” and changed and mutated - if we start thinking like “oh well i really can’t do this because i don’t know the whole history of it” then you probably shouldn’t even use computers if you can’t build one - also you can’t listen a band if you don’t know everything about it’s music genre, and especially if it has people of different origin than you :confused: ( You’re now thinking “its not the same” well it kinda is because people are not stealing by activating something in themselves )

I’m not personally attacking you, i have a lot of other stuff to handle today than forum “fights” i’m just stating how it seems - but i also know that you don’t even appreciate other people’s opinions as you earlier stated in this thread, but i don’t give a fuck.

Simply put: activating force in yourself = stealing? nope, don’t see it.

• I’m getting a vibe that you are blaming white european people for some stuff they did back in the day… I don’t think that has anything to do in this thread.

I agree 100%.

Red6joker, hopefully you have enough links there to be going on with, and good luck with your exercises. :slight_smile: