A few questions about the third eye

Hello all,

So as the title says I have a few questions about the 3rd eye, my main question is what to do when you get to the point where you can feel it swelling when meditating? I try and focus on it like most of the people recommend what they talk about opening it, but when I do that I just feel that swelling sort of slip away.

My second question is what did you do when faced with my dilemma? Or what happened to you when you did this “exercise” what did you do differently?

1 Like

“3rd eye” stuff annoys me. It’s just another eastern concept stepped in religion and culture.stolen away by western mystics.
Do you know the purpose of the third eye? Why are you meditating on it?

[quote=“Red6joker, post:1, topic:5759”]Hello all,

So as the title says I have a few questions about the 3rd eye, my main question is what to do when you get to the point where you can feel it swelling when meditating? I try and focus on it like most of the people recommend what they talk about opening it, but when I do that I just feel that swelling sort of slip away.

My second question is what did you do when faced with my dilemma? Or what happened to you when you did this “exercise” what did you do differently?[/quote]

Just concentrate on the feeling of it and know it is there. Making a noise with your throat, like a humming sound and mentally saying Aum( the Ajna chakras mantra) will also help. In the book Kundalini Tantra it has a lot more info and a 1 month course exercise on the Ajna chakra.

[quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:5759”]“3rd eye” stuff annoys me. It’s just another eastern concept stepped in religion and culture.stolen away by western mystics.
Do you know the purpose of the third eye? Why are you meditating on it?[/quote]

I am trying to open/strengthen it to help with my clairvoyence workings.

It’s not necessary in the least. My advice is to not bother with watered down, western bastardizations of concepts from eastern religions.

I thank you for your honest opinion.

I feel that me having left it alone when I started out with magick is why I failed with half of my workings. So I would like to open and be sure its open to see if anything really changes. If if does awesome, if not then back to the drawing board.

[quote=“Red6joker, post:4, topic:5759”][quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:5759”]“3rd eye” stuff annoys me. It’s just another eastern concept stepped in religion and culture.stolen away by western mystics.
Do you know the purpose of the third eye? Why are you meditating on it?[/quote]

I am trying to open/strengthen it to help with my clairvoyence workings.[/quote]

Get the following:

Ajna Chakra by Rishi Nityabhodananda
Moola Bandha: The Master Key by Swami Buddhananda
Kundalini Tantra Swami Satyananda Saraswati

Follow them in that order. It is a working chakra system.

2 Likes

I thank you for your honest opinion.

I feel that me having left it alone when I started out with magick is why I failed with half of my workings. So I would like to open and be sure its open to see if anything really changes. If if does awesome, if not then back to the drawing board.[/quote]

Same here. I was using Sagans Opening the Third Eye and I could actually see the spirit, stopped doing the third eye exercises and it went away.

The third eye does have it’s place, EA have taught allot about it. One exercise to strengthen your clairvoyance ability is to do a rhythmic breathing like the four fold breath, visualize a glowing indigo fog around you, breath in the fog, hold it and feel your body absorb it, breath out air while retaining the fog. While you breathe out vibrate the mantra Aum.
Warning i have never done this, i made this up on the spot as i’m typing this so i can’t tell you of it’s effect. It’s sorta a compilation of techniques from bardon and donald tyson. If this ritual is unbalanced somebody please say so, and suggest how one could balance it.

Curious. If the 3rd eye is unnecessary, then what is?

I’ve found just knowing it is there is enough to make you feel it.

I know its there and can feel it when I focus (sometimes I’ll just feel a poking or even a sharp pain) but that’s not the same as using it. Which in the end is something I would like to do.

I can assure you that the reason you failed at magic isn’t because you didn’t do cheap rip offs of rituals.
I don’t do anything with chakras at all. Yet, I’m still successful.

[quote=“Euoi, post:13, topic:5759”]I can assure you that the reason you failed at magic isn’t because you didn’t do cheap rip offs of rituals.
I don’t do anything with chakras at all. Yet, I’m still successful.[/quote]

It’s usually evoking or summoning that’s fails. I don’t even feel anything or get any signs with a pendulm that I keep nearby. When I work with energies of any kinds I usually feel something. I’m not to big on chakras but that won’t stop me from learning about them and how to use them.

[quote=“Euoi, post:13, topic:5759”]I can assure you that the reason you failed at magic isn’t because you didn’t do cheap rip offs of rituals.
I don’t do anything with chakras at all. Yet, I’m still successful.[/quote]

Even if you are succeeding, you could tell these people and me your views about the third eye since you are commenting… Tell us what’s it supposed to be used for then, and why wouldn’t activating it be a great help ? i don’t really care how rip off the rituals are if they work.

How are you evoking? Who are you evoking?

Black flame, the third eye is a far eastern concept introduced into western occultism’ European colonialists began raping India et al in the east of natural resources. The politician took their power and resources, the white occultists stole and warped their spirituality. Why do you need to utilize stolen and watered down rituals to activate a thing previously unheard of in western magic before the conquest of the far east? You don’t. It’s all a bunch of bs to suggest otherwise.

I know its an eastern concept, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t still work for westerners as many people have realized that it does. I also can easily feel the pressure there on my forehead at the same time i’m writing this just by thinking about it - it’s commonly known thing to enchant spiritual abilities so why not activate it? if we are taking this line, then we should only practice our folk magic… So not vodou,santeria,or anything like that for white people. Although then again for this reason i don’t practice african stuff because i feel like its too out of my concept :smiley: - yet i feel some sort of drawing to some eastern teachings.

I’m not saying westerners /whites can’t practice other forms of spirituality. But they shouldn’t STEAL and water down other cultures. A white man accepted by the lwas and initiated isn’t stealing, he is learning the religion properly and within its cultural context. A white man changing Aum while thinking about his third eye, without having been taught by those initiated in the proper traditions, IS.

If you can enhance your spiritual abilities without contributing to cultural appropriation, why not? If I can do it, you can as well.

But another issue asks I comes up… if you ignore the tradition from which the third eye originated, how are you going to properly handle it? These things don’t come without a rich tradition. They aren’t stand alone concepts.

[quote=“Euoi, post:16, topic:5759”]How are you evoking? Who are you evoking?

Black flame, the third eye is a far eastern concept introduced into western occultism’ European colonialists began raping India et al in the east of natural resources. The politician took their power and resources, the white occultists stole and warped their spirituality. Why do you need to utilize stolen and watered down rituals to activate a thing previously unheard of in western magic before the conquest of the far east? You don’t. It’s all a bunch of bs to suggest otherwise.[/quote]

How do you know what people are using is watered down and not authentic? And how is some guy doing third eye meditations by himself in his house watering down someone else’s culture?

Euoi, you do realize that the east and the west have different perspective but it’s really the same on a deeper level. Western magicians work allot with planets, and in the east they work with chakra. If you map the tree of life to the body, you will see that more is similar than you think.

Franz bardon was a master of western and eastern magick, and he successfully combined them into his own system.
Think about what the difference is between kether and the crown chakra, the root and malkuth.
Initiation is deeply important, but I believe that if one meditate on Aum or any mantra or symbol, that person will tap into the stream of knowledge to that system, and will learn it’s secrets, but it will take allot more time.

Remember allot of magicians teach magickal techniques that comes from both east and west, including EA Koetting. Nobody owns the different chakra systems, like nobody owns the tree of life, so if opening the third eye helps people in ascend in their magickal work, why should it matter if it’s of the east or west.

To conclude did you know that western magickal rituals like the middle pillar, can actually help in awakening kundalini energy, imagine that

1 Like