A Discussion Of Maslow's Pyramid

The pyramid makes it seem like the only way to take is from the bottom up. That’s Maslow’s recommended approach. Not necessarily how it works.

You can have a great job, and family and have horrible food choices. But until that person says “you know what I wanna be the best version of myself” they will not look at their food and psychological needs.

Im missing things from every tier.

Love and belonging missing, I invest a lot of exp point into self esteem and self actualization.
I was lacking a stable family and sometimes esteem and safety as a child, but that never stopped me from trying to be my best. Rose that grew from concrete sort of deal.

A seed planted in the concrete and mud, can still bloom into a wonderful flower despite poor soul and care, if it is determined enough, when it’s a flower its circumstances may change and it get much better soil and watering, then all of the sudden it wants to work on its stem, the height it can grow etc, when before all it cared about was sprouting from the mud and concrete to show the world it could, would, and is a damn beautiful rose.

It sounds like you are looking to build a tower to the sky, when you could try your best to fly and touch the sky. Yes you may soon realize you wings are wax and the sun will have you crashing back down to earth, but you will know what It was like to be up there and the journey back up will be much safer now that you are building and not leaping and flying. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only reason I say this is I’m a year of true practice, instead of only doing “beginner” friendly magick. I just shot for the fucking stars. I would fall, and I would fall HARD but I always got back up no matter what.

I do not know if I ever have been in the so called “rapture state or TGS”. But I’ve seen spirits and have god tier experiences using my own power or having and experience that I would attribute to a fellow lLving God.
Death has kissed me multiple times, and has mindfucked plenty. But my heart still beats.
And even the times that it’s stopped, my body was still moving and I never left my body so it’s does not count as a full death. :stuck_out_tongue:

But every has a different approach, and learn in different ways, in sports some people would need to be walked through the drill and told what to do, and coached as they go. For me I like to see one example and then try to replicate it, I run through the drill and then at the end I ask for tips to improve and then I run again.

That’s why when I came to the forum, I went to the people I saw as the most powerful and experienced. I had no time to dabble I was full send :stuck_out_tongue::call_me_hand:

I just said fuck it and put the game on expert mode. I got fucking destroyed :joy:. But kept throwing myself at it.

The cool thing about magick is since it is beyond time you’ll gain experience points and even an entire fleshed out skill tree the more you dabble.

I had repressed childhood memories come up with these habits and other things I would do as a kid and now I see the magickal significance, and can incorporate it into my craft.

Anyways I’m looking forward to seeing how much you grow within the next 9 months…not really I will not keep track, but I’ll believe you if you say you’ve grown :stuck_out_tongue::call_me_hand::green_heart:

5 Likes

Thats not what this pyramid is about.He isn’t talking about good or bad food,he talks about if you have food or not.My stomach comes before my job tbh, so I don’t think his approach is that bad.

So does everyone, but is last steps name self dreaming or self actualization?

What are you talking about lmao,beginner magick is true magick,I dont really care if spirits does exist but it was all in my head, if my magick works,work is done, if not I have ways to go.

Will check your videos after I eat something :grin:

1 Like

Eh I interpret it different.

I think they are two sides of the same coin. The first steps to being greater is establishing what greater is. And then making the choice to be greater and take the steps you have just laid out for yourself. Whether or not you take the call to action is up to you, but you are still requesting the hero’s journey.

I agree all magick is valid, I guess I was harping on the idea or belief you have calling yourself a beginner.
At first I thought the magick I did in the past year was my firstagick but once I adopted the belief im a walking god so all that I do is in some for magick is when things really opened up. My brain synapses started making more connection to all my past experiences and then more validation came through and more repressed memories.

2 Likes

Still our beliefs are crashing here lol if you cant materialize something outta thin air in an instant I don’t think you should call yourself a god.Most of magicians are struggling with their jobs let alone having feats of a god.

This term is so much lowballed here it doesn’t make sense anymore IMO.But you do you,different faps for different chaps like I always say.

2 Likes

It’s not an approach. It’s basic observation of survival.
If you do use logic and study maslow’s theory. IT does work from the bottom up. You have to fulfill the bottom in order to be able to achieve the ones on top. If your too busy working on getting shelter/food then you have no time for the others. After getting a home/shelter and food which is the bottom two section. You can then work on nuturing friendships and creating a family or society connection. Interacting in the real world. There is no family if your in the streets. Too much things to worry about. You have to have a sense of self love, self esteem/ status in the real world in order to be the best you can be. You can’t be the most you can be without self journey to know self. That’s where esteem section comes in.

3 Likes

It is still a choice and there are different ways to succeed and survive.
Buddah flipped this whole pyramid on its head.
So did Jesus I believe.

Plenty of people go weeks without adequate food, sleep, and hydration. And yet they are still self individuated.

Nikolas Tesla had no wife, rarely slept.

They’re called homeless tribes and they are very real. My friend told me about it when we were on a street he used to live on. He began talking to the homeless guy outside of the shops we were at. He turned to drugs to find his true self which led him to give up all that he thought was necessary for life. He said he drank about a bottle of water a week and focused on meditating, journaling and staying in touch with his friends. He argued with the therapist for 10 minutes when she whipped out this triangle, and soon followed. She said food was necessary for mental health and stability and he said it was not and that it was a principal of mind over matter.

You really do not Issac Newtown had no friends or family. All he had was food and self actualization.
Stoics are known to challenge themselves by taking out or severely limiting and aspect of their life in order to challenge their selves, all the while questioning “is this what I feared so much?”

Monks also break the mold here.

But I’m not an idiot I KNOW how the hierarchy works I was just playing devil’s advocate to engage in some friendly rhetoric and discourse.

" Plato had the more classical approach where he used rhetoric as a means of education to pass down his beliefs and practice of rhetoric to his students. … Aristotle’s rhetoric was more science based, using enthymemes and syllogism to foster logical thinking. He believed that rhetoric was a means of discovering truth."

1 Like

Don’t lie to yourself to fulfil your own opinion. buddah had home /shelter /love. And the homeless guy couldn’t do shit without a home. ANd him not eating was just temporary. I met a guy acupuncture that don’t eat . just herbs and tea for yrs. Guess what? his health isn’t so great. AS for nikolas, he slept. it’s human function. without it the body crash automatic. AS for newton, he gots have connection to outside world. that was his family/love/connection of sorts. And his basics was met.

Some things are basics. don’t mess with basics to fool yourself. If you mess with basics, life isn’t going to go well for you. Better put energy where it’s worthwhile than challenge the basics of life.

Let’s take love for example. you can’t love someone fully if your food/ shelter isn’t met as you don’t have time to work on self. U can’t give your all if you aren’t feeling safe and secured and well feed allowing you to know yourself. Your too busy finding food not having time to work on self.

2 Likes

Exactly lol, he gives the most extreme example to make himself righter than what you said but its just simply wrong.Maslows hierarchy is %99 correct.

I am okay with my methods and beliefs challenge but dont come here boasting yourself as a god,repeatedly, for fucks sake we got it you are destroyer of the world and shit.

I am again calling @Lady_Eva to clean this mess he created up,lady Eva if you can do that I will be greatful.

@anon37593562 My words aren’t directed to you and dont mind my angry girlfriend either lol. :smile:

what mess did poster titan do? he didn’t do anything wrong. he’s just a little confuse in understanding maslow’s pyramid. =o)

1 Like

It had a good title, and I have studied psychology so I bit on the topic.
As I stated earlier I took the approach of devil’s advocate, I wanted to challenge OPs paradigm.

I was using my rhetoric to advise from my experience as well as start healthy discourse.

@anon37593562
Checkout this story out.
And Buddah fasted for 6 months, under a tree, and had no human contact (to my knowledge). I believe some spirits tempted him however.
Boy hailed as a modern Buddha 'has been fasting for six months' | The Independent | The Independent

That’s if you are making the choice to find food rather than working on yourself. The Buddah is working on himself not food at all.
A human could theoretically survive by focusing on soley making friends and finding a community. The tribe he find could then provide him with the necessary housing and food. But his survival tactics maybe pouring all his xp and focus into finding friends rather than food, security, and then friends. Heck he may try to find a tribe first before even thinking about hunting or scavenging for berries if it is unfamiliar territory or he does not know the game well.

I’m no more “right” than you nor am I trying to be. Just looking at the same thing in a different fashion and from a different perspective.
Because it is a hierarchy I see it as saying the bottom tier IS MOST IMPORTANT no matter what, and you can only move onto the next stage of you 100%ed the previous tier.

I really do not think I boasted, I was challenging your definition of what a God was.
It sounds like to you A God is equated to instant manifestation of some sort, I gave my argument as to how we are Gods without such feats. But then established I have not materialized things into thin air but have been in direct influence of things disappearing out of thin air.

I simply stated if a God came down with such amazing powers (instant materialization tier) I would still take it on even even I myself have yet to throw lightning I have done things that could be scaled to that level. And the other God would have an achilles heel.
I believe we are all Gods alike and each of us have our strengths. It seems the Gods that chose to incarnate inside a human vessel are learning to manifest things into the material plane at a faster rate. I see that as a common theme. But again who even came up with the idea of instant materialization? What about all the other Godly powers we humans are so Keen to discover or unlock?
And if we are not God’s, why would a God that can materialize things out of thin air listen to our commands and carry out our bidding via evocation?

@anon84423462 said that the term “God” here is super low balled. So I was challenging that Idea, that’s why I followed it up with more questions.

The Titan thing was a joke about my name, as Titans we’re said to come before God’s, and are sometimes depicted as being stronger.
Just a fun way to get around OPs low balling God statement. :call_me_hand:

Anyways I bid you holy trio farwell.

1 Like

And you simply cant realize that this guy you are talking about

1. Already self actualized.
  2. His example is one in a million even if something is going supernatural.

Alright this is fine,I didnt realize you were joking because there are too many people seriously talking about it.There are couple of examples like Maxwell (I know he is your friend but you called me out so, I hope you wont mind) claiming he killed a fucking Seraphim or Micah (which is a person I really liked) claiming he created a tsunami.So my apologies on there.

Very well.

Two things

1)There is nothing wrong being a human,we had some powerful humans wandering this planet before.But if you want to see yourself neccesariely god, its fine with me.
2)How are we different than humans if we have no such different things than we have? If an ateist sceptic would challange us to show OUR GODLY skills here, I am sure %99 of this forum would fail.

What differs a human from a super human or a god, is feats that we can do, if we are in human bodies (I am not gonna indulge in gods as a race thing now).I am sure its describe like that in dictionaries too.But hey, call it whatever you want,not true for me unless you prove it.

I wish you best my friend.

2 Likes

Maybe he did, I dunno, we have not talked about it.

I’ve had people claim I fought God himself, have died multiple times, and have souled my soul to the Devil. But ofc 2 truths and a lie senario…jk lol.
I was told this by my friend who has ACTUALLY witnessed my magick. He was just basically saying yeah people speculate a lot without really getting to know you.
Then he proposed “Do you think that’s how myths start?”
I did not bother answer the question. I just simply told him it will not matter when we are walking Gods.

Classic Micah.

I shit tested him when I attacked the forum (as a newbie). I wanted to verify if magick was real and I was pretty suicidal so ig it was a win win haha.

Senpai stop :face_with_hand_over_mouth: it~

Cheers to all :innocent::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

U still don’t understand maslow’s pyramid of basic survival. The examples you give means little. 6 months of fasting? I told you. I met a real person who haven’t eaten for 10 yrs of food. His health and mental state isn’t so great. If you want to challenge it. try not eating yourself and prove it to yourself. You will see how wrong you are.

I’m good. I’m beyond surviving, an onto thriving :star_struck::star_struck:
Cheers :call_me_hand::innocent:

I moved this to its own discussion, rather than have it derailing the Journal since that was plainly not welcomed by the Journal’s owner, hope that suits everyone. :sunny:

2 Likes

Thank you very much maam.

2 Likes

exactly my point when you aren’t willing to test it out… so don’t go around challenging stuff that makes no sense. And that you aren’t willing to be the test subject. . =o)

I do not think this is a good argument :joy:

I can have an opinion or engage in rhetoric about anything. I do not HAVE to prove my stance lol or even agree with my stance.
Like I said, I understand the pyramid well, I have studied psychology and have been a patient.
I was playing Devil’s advocate.

It is a good argument. With being devil’s advocate you have to put action where the mouth is. Otherwise you don’t call it devil advocate. Devil advocate always put the notion of possibility in place not some silly overboard statement that your thinking. Devil advocate actually test out the opposite and your not willing to do that so your purpose to challenge is null.

Telling me you are a psychologist patient gives you no credibility. =o)

Here’s the Google definition bud:
noun

unpunctuated: devils advocate

1. a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.