A Brief Self-Introduction

Hello, everybody!

As I am new to this forum (at least in terms of posting; have been following some conversations here for a little while, though), please allow me to introduce myself.

I am a man going by the name “Tesposinus” and the occult sciences have been a part of my life pretty much since I was just a child; it really got kicked into higher gear in my early/mid teens, but ever since I was around 10 or so, I’ve absolutely loved to read about the mystical and strange in the world: ghosts, magical powers, mysterious places, otherworldly creatures… you name it!

This passion of mine simply grew in intensity as I got older and in an attempt to make a long story short, it all started to become more “hardcore”, for lack of a better way of putting it, when I started acquiring books like Waite’s Book of Black Magic and of Pacts, a certain occult encyclopedia from the local library, and through these works, the Clavicula Salomonis. From there the proverbial ball truly started rolling and I began purchasing books left and right - grimoires, modern practice of magic, Golden Dawn system texts and more - to learn as much as I could.

From there I became involved with certain mystery orders, I began the study and practice of alchemy… and, well… this sort of brings us up to date. There’s, of course, a lot more to my story than that, but otherwise running the risk of boring people to borderline insanity, I’ll just leave it at that.

Today, my main passions within the occult sciences/esoteric disciplines - although they get around and through everything - remain, as they have been for years, the grimoire tradition (in particular the field of evocation! My number one love within magical practice!!!) and alchemy. With regard to the former, I’m a stickler for the old-school stuff; as to the latter, I follow the teachings of the various old alchemical treatises as well as various modern writings, such as those of Cockren, Albertus, Kamala-Jnana, Caro, Junius, Bartlett… but my “core”, or “foundation”, if you will, of alchemical study and practice is the alchemy lessons of Les Philosophes de la Nature, written by Jean Dubuis (1919-2010).

As for my involvement with Mr. Koetting, I purchased his book “Evoking Eternity” a while back and found it an interesting read. In addition, a friend of mine is on this forum and he has become quite the admirer of Mr. Koetting’s writings. So I thought I would look around and learn what I can from you guys. I hope you don’t mind and that you will welcome me to the forum.

Sincerely,

Tesposinus

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard, look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you both for your kind welcome! I’m looking forward to “talking” more with you on this forum.

Welcome!

Thank you, Mr. Koetting. I realize you are a busy man so I appreciate the kind gesture of wishing me welcome to your forum. And please allow me to express my gratitude for your efforts in sharing your knowledge of and experience with magic to the occult community, and the highly educational writings through which you do this! As evocation is my greatest passion within the field of magic, I found your work “Evoking Eternity” truly interesting!

Please keep up the good work! Those of us appreciating what you do will continue to support you!

welcome to the deeper well of your own selfhood