Your Thoughts on Berserker Magick?

Hey Asbjorn! I was curious if you’ve ever worked with altered states or atavism within the Norse current. I’ve used it before and found it to be quite effective.

3 Likes

I know this is asbjorn’s section but I really felt like chipping in.
I have often felt as though I have had this berserker side to me, just kind of an inborn thing. I found working with bear spirits was an excellent way to control this gift.
It really renders you unparalleled in a fight.

5 Likes

Did you say bear?

Yep, why?

There’s a spirit of a Kodiak bear I found to be very helpful

2 Likes

Cant explain here

I’ve worked with wolf energy and a sort of energy fusing regarding it. Odin was a spirit I called upon to help me in that. The ancient berserkers wore wolf or bear skins in combat. Bears for Thor. Wolves for Odin.

5 Likes

Makes sense. Just rang some bells.

The Bear Trance Posture is a good gateway to bear energy, which may for some people lead on to attaining a full berserkr state, but it’s also a useful thing in itself:

Artifacts depicting the second healing posture, that of the “Bear Spirit,” are the most widely found of all the postures. They’ve been discovered in Alaska, Canada, the Americas, Africa, Europe, Asia and Polynesia, ranging image from 6,000 B.C. to the present. Students of prehistorical culture know that bear cults are some of the oldest known forms of religion. This posture produces an “opening” and then an entering of healing energy. “Without any prompting or prior knowledge, the Bear Spirit readily appears to the participants, visible partially or in his complete mask, either as a furry force holding or warming them from behind, or actually examining his would-be patients.”
Source

This has more information:

6 Likes

Its just i had a vision.

1 Like

That bear in your post ive seen something similar. Very similar.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Totems and animal shamanism are very interesting. Maybe after I complete my project on Sumerian Vampirism I’ll start a project working with totems.

I am going to touch upon this in my next Heathen Podcast as there is a few things I want to touch on with this. Frater keep an eye out for that next vid as you will be mentioned :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks Asbjorn! I will be looking forward to it. Congrats on TAC btw. You certainly deserve it.

1 Like

My rune schaman mentor was visited by a berserker ones, saying “you are powerless! You most become a berserker, a rune magician is nothing compared to a berserker.”

Important is to set a part berserker and changing was haminga to ones fylgia. Everyone can change their haminga, not all can become a berserker.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: its a big job and a big responsibility but TAC is awesome and I am sure together I and TAC will make some great things happen.

1 Like

TAC has my respect and support for sure. I figure I’m too eclectic to join though. But definetly a great group. They have brass balls especially with what they are doing with Declaration 127.

1 Like

Well anyone with brass balls should have respect.
I honestly got no clue who your talking about but I like 'em already! :grinning:

2 Likes

They’re the best Asatru community out there!

1 Like

They have balls, and great goals. Hence my full support of them :slight_smile:

3 Likes