When A Peaceful Man Goes to War [The Path of Smoke]

Today, I worked through my Kunda Yoga with Aeshma, the Div of Wrath.

It could not have been more appropriate.

As I prepare to add my own Power to my first group working tonight, I found myself embracing Aeshma, the Div of Wrath.

As I performed Seven Asanas, I found the name of Aeshma growing into a chant in my mind. It was very raw, very primal, very tribal.

I moved much quicker through the Seven Asanas than I have in the past few days, the Asanas almost becoming a kata or war dance. I just noticed, accepted it, and flowed with it.

And the Power of Aeshma flowed through me.

At one point during my meditation for “Emanating the Rays of the Black Sun”, I found myself soul traveling to Aeshma.

In my imagination, I stood as my Shadow-Self before a great bonfire, chanting Aeshma’s name. He stood across from me, on the other side of the bonfire.

He took the form of a giant, black-skinned muscular warrior with the lower body of a black serpent. He had six arms and they took the pose from his sigil.

His face was covered in an onyx war mask, carved into a demonic visage. It’s similar to what you might find deep in an African jungle, but much older … much more ancient. Just the feeling I get.

And in his top right hand, he wielded the Great Spear of Wounding.

We spoke briefly and I could feel his intense power flowing through me as my body rocked back and forth, chanting “AH-ESH-MA! AH-ESH-MA! AH-ESH-MA!” while I communed with him.

And when I performed the Seven Asanas in reverse to ground the very essence of Aeshma within my body and my life, they definitely took on the form of a warrior working through his war dance, preparing for the war to come.

As I finished, I had the words from Steven Moffat flow into my mind … “When A Good Man Goes to War”.

I post it here now, changing the words to match my own intent …

Let There Be Blood on My Hands and the Flesh of the Wicked in My Teeth.
A Peaceful Man Goes to War.

8 Likes

Good hunting, and may your enemies flee too late

5 Likes

People say “I got chills reading that” and they don’t mean it any more than when they type “lol” without really laughing out liud, but I did actually get chills, and goosebumps, reading it! :smiley:

And the weather’s so hot here right now, that’s even more remarkable. :slight_smile:

3 Likes