What was your first occult book?

kingdoms of flame

1 Like

YOU FOREVER from my beloved T.LOBSANG RAMPA

1 Like

Dude I am halfway through that one…wow.

Great meditation exercises…lmao! I’m really starting to be able to astral project using his technique.

That guy is ON IT!

I love his guide to the color of the Aura too…it makes alot of sense to me.

Very good books…I look forward to reading more of his work.

1 Like

Marvel’s Infinity Gauntlet, in which Thanos acquired Godhood and found that while the entire universe conspired against him, it were his own sub and unconscious that brought him back to “normalcy” in the end. This left quite an impression, as I often feel our “programming” is designed to keep us rooted in cycles that apply our attention indefinitely to ideas of limitation, thus never truly allowing us to achieve our true nature.

On a more serious note I remember well breaking my mind over Crowley long before its time to handle such complicated historically rich matter. Shortly after I moved to Casteneda’s books which resonated much better.

1 Like

Dude I am halfway through that one…wow.

Great meditation exercises…lmao! I’m really starting to be able to astral project using his technique.

That guy is ON IT!

I love his guide to the color of the Aura too…it makes alot of sense to me.

Very good books…I look forward to reading more of his work.[/quote]
yeh.these books are goldmine.first hand knowledge directly from experience.

My father read all of Dennis Wheatleys occult fiction books in my early teens which I read as well (the Devil Rides Out, Ka of Clifford Hilary etc etc). I lapped up the tales of the evil Mocatta (based on Aleister Crowley) and how you could hypnotise people etc

If memory serves me rightly the first proper non fiction occult book is “the Devil and All His Works” by Dennis Wheatley borrowed from the library also in my early teens. Had strange stuff such as leaving your body whilst attached to a silver chord. I mean who’d believe that?:slight_smile:

The concepts in the book were so out there I didn’t know what to make of it.

After that Donald Kraig’s Modern Magick. Yes it has good stuff in there which I still need to go over but Golden Dawn high magic drama campness is not my scene and that put my off the occult for a longtime. Interestingly I moved forward more from tracking down the books in his bibliography at the back of the book.

1 Like

Simon’s Necronomicon

2 Likes

The Goetia and I had no clue how to make it work, until I came around the book of Works of Darkness!

1 Like

The Simon necronomicon for me also.

My folks found it and I caught hell over it! Lol.

1 Like

Black magic secrets by Priestess Akelta Wilde. i have to admit though,it was interesting but it wasnt the book on dark arts that i was hoping to purchase. it focused primarily on spells,i wanted dark(Demonic) contact. then,

i found EA, lol and got Evoking Eternity! bingo!

1 Like

The Bible

1 Like

Those with eyes to see, eh?

Good one.

I the first book of mine, and to be honest the only one that Ive taken seriously for all my life is The Keys to the Inner World by Jorge Adoum, never saw a english copy of it though.

1 Like

Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson.

3 Likes

The first book I bought was “How to make and Use Talismans”, by Israel regarde, I was 12 years old, it was a 1st Edition, ex library stock. I paid 50p (back in the early 80s), that was my pocket money. From that same library I got “Cheiro’s Book of Fate & Fortune”, which I devoured and found I could identify everyones sun sign (away from the book).

The first book of magic, I bought from a shop was “Experimental Magic” by Herbie Brennan.

Later when I was able to go into Cambridge on my own, I discovered amazing secondhand bookshops where I found, purchased and became fond of Parker Publishing books- my little guilty pleasures.

Sadly all my books (not just the magic ones) from back then, I was forced to dispose into the bin by my RC dad.

That library gave me access to the ABC of Witchcraft by Doreen Valiente, Tom Lethbridge books on Dowsing and lots more.

I read Susan Cooper’s “Dark is Rising” Sequence too, Diana Wynne Jones “Chrestomanci” books. Works of fiction, but inspiring.

At the age of 8, once I fell in love with reading, I found a book about a little boy called William, who became a wizard, it contained some practical folk magic including the use of Hagstones. I was also reading world mythology books, Robert Graves “The White Goddess”.

1 Like

The Satanic Bible. I was delighted at the realistic philosophical contrast to christianity, but resonated more with the real shit when I found the ONA’s mss. Although my father was intensely christian and enforced it brutally, he actually gave me a copy of The Serpent & The Rainbow in High School as well. Wierd shit…

3 Likes

I don’t have any nor have I read any occult books. Which one would you Ladies and Gentlemen recommend? So far the only book I know I should get would be the Goetia.

If only one book, and you like the kinds of magick described here, get Evoking Eternity - $27 that opens the door to ANYTHING.

You can build on that anbd download all the Goetia stuff free and legally, because the basic sigils are out of copyright, bu EE will teach you the methods to go stright to the point.

5 Likes

Works of Darkness is an excellent book for beginners in my opinion, in all honesty I can’t recommended it enough. It covers everything someone will need to begin his/her practice, including meditations, candle spells, psychic senses training, sigil magick, scrying and a whole lot of other stuff. It also covers the subject of evocation, just not as extensively as evoking eternity of course. If you have all that covered, then by all means go for evoking eternity, but if you don’t then my recommendation would be to start with works of darkness.

Btw I always wanted to speak with the daedric prince of madness, big fan of your work hehe.

4 Likes

I exist wherever cheese resides.

3 Likes