What defines a god?

Many people seem to be attracted to the idea of not just achieving godlike powers, but being a literal god (or goddess, if they really want to emphasize their feminine aspects).

What does the term “becoming a god” mean to you?

I don’t think a god can exist by themself. A god is a collection of spiritual energies, committed or loyal followers and complex associations. Bast, Odin, Poseidon and Oshun are examples of literal gods well off today. All of them have a dedicated diaspora of followers and some worshippers who forge a relationship to this entity, and they are associated with many things to create a personality. Gods are considered more powerful than some other types of spirits merely because they endured the test of time, and to this day they still are to a degree. In my mind, what some will call “gods” are a powerful collection of energy and phenomena that can help or destroy you. I respect them. They can truly be a god because of their outstanding ability to be an image and stand against all opposers.

You can’t argue the same for an omnipotent Abrahamic God, because there are many disputes over who that entity actually is. And he is supposedly omnipotent, therefore either a paradox or limited in ways we cannot comprehend. Think about the question; “Can God create a bolder he cannot move?” Yes or no, that means he is not all-powerful. A true god can stand strong despite the limitations and challenges of the world, showing true power.

To me, to be a god is to become the best possible, within the limits of all worlds. Magic presents to us a way to push those limits beyond what we would normally see possible. Even infinity ends, but it’s too silly to count for our minds to understand.

3 Likes

I’d say in my opinion to achieve godliness is to have strong unwavering will, divine powers, and know how to use them concisely… Being able to effect things on a massive scale.

5 Likes

Azazel once told me that when you have followers, worshipers that it strengthens you or adds to your power.

4 Likes

I think that each one of us has a different idea about what defines a god and really it isn’t a easy to define concept. Personally, I believe that to be godlike, means to be unlimited in every way possible.

4 Likes

Imagine having to answer all those prayers and problems I dont want adoration I just want to be able to create whatever my mind can conceive. I dont want to bow to anyone or anyone bow to me. Just dont cross me.

2 Likes

Well… the spirits we call gods aren’t unlimited in every way possible.

But @Sic_Draco, what if you found out you did have your own followers and worshipers, then what? Would you ignore them?

Even if you didnt ask for them. They just showed up.

At this current time, Becoming a Living God means removing the layers upon layers of limitations I’ve placed on myself, or allowed others to place upon me.

To remove the limitations of Self and to experience my Truest Essence as close to the Unlimited Potential as I can.

And then to bring back that knowledge and experience of My True Self and to create the world I wish to create for myself.

Will I still limit myself? Yes, of course. Every choice creates a self-imposed limitation. But I will make my choices more consciously, acting according to my own True Will with full knowledge of Who I Really Am.

That’s what the journey means for me right now.

5 Likes

I suppose I would be obligated to help them, that’s in my nature. I’ve always been modest and I’m my hardest critic, I’m a perfectionist so it really bothers me when I cant do something right.

I’m still at a loss for my place in this fucked up prison, I know though I have more potential in me than most but I’m torn between which path to take, am I destined to usher in a golden age or a harbinger of destruction.

1 Like

A God is an aspect of the universe a faculty of the whole. Just as the positions of the tree of life are faculties of our own selves. This is why the Bible says let us make man in our image. Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it."
To show that as above so below.
KMT Tree of Life | The Seven Worlds the Hebrew took the Kabalah right out of Egypt. This is why much of the early Bible seems as if it is multiple gods doing things using terms like we, us, our.
The Hebrews monotheized the Egyptian pantheon and has not yet reconciled these discrepancies. They attempted to by claiming that it is God’s heavenly congregation.
The Hebrews took Amen and made it the supreme God head and changed the faculties into the angelic congregation.
But as you can see the Hebrew is a mix of Egyptian, Sumerian , and various others monotheized. The rest of the Bible is the manufactured history of the people’s who followed the new monotheized Egyptosumerian combination.
Then the New testament is simply more ancient Egyptian with some Hindu and Buddhist thrown in with the gnostics and various Messiah solar cults.

2 Likes

I’m reading Dragon of the Two flames, explains it all pretty much.

I feel the same way. Its hard to ignore anyone asking for help. But Im always worried I’ll screw up.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m worried about too, I’m constantly learning and changing my opinion’s, but those I have shared online could have changed peoples lives, I just hope when my heart is weighed against a feather, I’ve done more good than bad!

2 Likes

Im sure youll be fine :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You can do both, be The creator of a New Age & The Destroyer of those who deny it! Don’t get hung up on perfect, think best informed decision :wink: What would be the simplest remedy to this problem? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Again you will be fine! you just need to be well informed of the situation and come up with a remedy! :wink:

2 Likes

Is that a RHP thing?

Why not ?

1 Like

Labels limit and constrict, if you only read LHP texts then there is a whole library of wisdom you are denying yourself. Knowledge is nether good or bad, its what one does with it.

1 Like

Becoming god-like is excercising your will upon the world in a manner so divine that it changes reality.

6 Likes