Waking up yesterday?

Astral time travel is fairly easy, though it won’t move your physical body.
I suppose, theoretically, you’d need a way of moving your physical body into the astral. Once you’d managed that then it should be fairly easy.
Somehow I doubt anyone will manage that anytime soon though.
Edit: the answer lays in the magic of the cuthullu mythos. It’s fairly annoying because I can almost see the knowledge, but can’t quite comprehend it.

2 Likes

I already found the so called methods for magical time travel I just can’t find the actual ones.

I don’t have the right skillset to use the so called rituals.

Quite right, what on earth could someone learn from astral time travel. I’m sure there are no transferable skills there.
What foolish ‘rituals’ they are, if we could even call them rituals.
I think the best way forward is to refuse to learn any new skills and just hope someone guesses your skill set and somehow devises a method for you… For free… Then gives you free beer as well.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly! :smiley:

3 Likes

Can we just skip to the free beer?

3 Likes

DragonHorde, let’s drop time-travel for a bit, honestly – what needs to change to get you what you want?

Think people, opportunities (for you), circumstances – stuff magick is more reliably going to alter, in place of time travel, forced incarnation into some other poor guy’s body, or whatever.

You’re like someone who’s ass is on fire and instead of putting the fire out, you’re trying to get back in time and bash the first stone-age man to spark a flint!

What outcome do you need, is what I’m asking – not what fanciful route from Harry Potter movies (like the time-turner) might get you there.

All your posts on here so far that didn’t do so great were you articulating the method, such as forced possession of someone else, now this Dr Who stuff, but you wouldn’t do that if you were asking for advice in any other expert field where you didn’t have the skills to accomplish the goal yourself.

You wouldn’t go to a doctor with a shattered bone and start telling them where to place the imaginary healing tool you just made up, you’d let them assess you and tell YOU what tools and techniques are in their capability to mend things.

The kind of personality who can change the past or swap bodies would never have needed to ask “how do I do this?” in the first place.

Tell us exactly what you NEED, and we might be able to teach you how to get it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just to piggy back what Lady Eva said, instead of trying to erase the last ten years, which, IMHO you can’t, why not use them as the impetus for your magick? Why not use those ten years to say, “No more! From this moment on my life gets better because I will it to be so!” Much easier that way.

5 Likes

^ So much this! :slight_smile:

Imagine you get to go back ten years, but be who you were. Same you, so, same results.

STOP worrying about the method.

2 Likes

I want to recover lost time, I want to get a new identity so I can go to the good school with the money I have now and be younger, and take all of those opportunities that my family made me miss.

So is there a way for that to happen?

Simple question - do you want to improve your life, or do you want to keep telling a forum of active practicing magicians how magick’s going to work?

Do you want your broken leg set by people who know how, who’ve set countless legs including their own, or do you want to keep insisting the hospital set you up with the BoneSetta3000 Mark V, which you just made up in your head, to fix things?

1 Like

That’s my problem though. I’m telling it as it is.

Here’s what I’m seeing (no BoneSetta3000, no Tardis!):

1/ I want to recover lost time,

= you want to get ahead of where your current education, reputation, and status are currently delivering you.

2/ I want to get a new identity

= is this about being pursued by people? I can’t recall, but that might not be a topic for this forum, though I guess you could ask Belial to assist you in finding people outside the law, to help you with new papers etc.

3/ so I can go to the good school with the money I have now

= can’t you just go to this school? Or something equally as useful? Adult education is not in any way despised amongst most people, in fact catching up on your own power is usually respected?

4/ and be younger,

= you’re 23. Give me a break!! Who wants puberty all over again?!

4/ and take all of those opportunities that my family made me miss.

Okay here’s the thing – no-one is BORN with some innate “right” to “opportunities” and has them taken away.

The same culture that gave them to you, is kind of an extended family, and can easily make them not happen and if ANYONE your age didn’t have them in your location, then you are just presuming, based on class or whatever, to have had them as yours by some kind of right.

Life sucks.

Life is not fair.

Life will fuck you up, kick you when you’re down, and hears no pleas for mercy from children and the innocent.

Deal with that however you can, but the thing is, what to do NOW – get you, I’m guessing, an education, and either increase your status/reputation, or, take you into a circle of people, or location, where your past won’t count and you can build your own reputation and status from merit alone.

Or, keep hoping for a time machine, whatever dude. :wink:

4 Likes

Right now my major problem is the papers. Would you help me conjure up some?

If I could have that right now I probably could wait for the rest of the things. My gpa is fucked up. So if I could get new papers that would be really wonderful.

Cool - I’m not clear on this part, what papers - ID, or exam results? Because which spirit you need will vary, IMO, depending on which type you want.

I’m not going to do magick for you because I’m too busy and it’s too much of a commitment, but I am willing to talk you through some things in this thread as time permits, and I’m sure other people can give you some ideas, at least, if you keep this at the level of stuff people have experienced and had successes with. :slight_smile:

I would like to get a completely new identity to escape my gpa.

Okay, this is my opinion and suggestions, other people may also want to chime in as well: first you need to do the method linked below, with a sigil of Belial (images in 3rd link) and ask him to release you by any means that don’t harm you, and people you love, from being trapped in lowly status due to a few pieces of paper:

I see E.A. just uploaded a video about sigils 14 hours ago, I haven’t watched it yet but you should:

I put everything I know about Belial to date in this thread, do a search on here to get other people’s experiences as well:

You want Belial for this because he hates “the man” and the idea of people being blocked from acting freely and expressing their power due to laws, regulations, stuff like that, and the fact your life is being limited by one shoddy snapshot of your abilities, taken at a bad time, is the kind of injustice he’s very likely to want to get involved with.

Unlike some spirits, he has no aversion to breaking rules, laws, that kind of thing. You want out from under the “judgement” levied on you by this paperwork, so that’s why I’m proposing him (also, I like the big guy and he gets results).

Do you feel able and willing to:

• suspend rational cynicism and skepticism long enough to do this, following the instructions given and without intellectualising too much or trying to pick it to bits, and
  • make the executive decision right now that you’re going to learn magick, first learning the known forms, later you can branch out into the more innovative stuff if you choose, and that you’re not going to sit with one foot in, one out of the pool (so to speak) trying to spectatorise and critique your own involvement?

If you can do both of those, you have a fair chance of success.

If they honestly don’t sit well with you, and you know you don’t have that kind of agility, to invest belief (or, at least, suspend disbelief) for as long as it takes, then maybe this isn’t the route for you.

But I believe you can, or you wouldn’t have been drawn here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is no past or future. There is only now. So time is a matter of perception. As the infamous occultist, Einstein said, Time and space is Relative.

Magick DOES work independent of time and space, but not in the Doctor Who Tardis/Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures/Mr. Peabody and Sherman fictional time travel way.

And, no “Groundhog Day” movie thing where you have to relive the same day over and over until you “get things right”. (Reincarnation?)

Even if magick time travel existed, it would be dangerous. Killing the prehistoric butterfly would cause humanity to not exist, for example. So you want to kill little Adolph Hitler as a child. Then another dude would have caused the Holocaust.

Get my drift?

On Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, the entities of the Bajoran Wormhole told Commander Sisko that he had to let go of his dead wife/son’s mother. He was stuck in the past. Once he moved on, he finally, became the man he was meant to be, “The Emissary of the Prophets”. He became a God.

We all have regrets. Don’t dwell in the past. Let it go. Learn from your mistakes and move on to a better future. That is what magick helps you do.

3 Likes