Trying To Understand Magick?

Hello everyone… i’m particularly very new and yet so naive when it comes with these kind of topics. I was hoping if any of you could enlighten me on the subject of “Magick”. Thank you

Hi @Thaniel99 - I moved your post here because it was off-topic to the thread where you posted it.

There are probably as many ideas about what magick is as there are magicians, this thread may assist in understanding how we have different ideas:

Please watch some videos on this YouTube channel to understand the kind of magick we discuss on here and also people may have some ideas for understanding the subject - it’s unlikely people will waste their time trying to “convince” you though because we are all busy people, especially at this time of year, so if you want to know more, the emphasis is on YOU to do the research!

Also, please introduce yourself to members of the forum in this thread.

It’s one of the forum’s rules! :thumbsup:

Crowley defined Magick as the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity to Will

There are hundreds of definitions of Magick,really. You must make friends and learn from the sands. Make bricks from them and build your pyramid as your Will comforms you to

No one can fully enlighten you on that subject but yourself. I recommend you read Magick,Book 4 by Crowley.

One must find out for oneself, and make sure beyond doubt, who one is, what one is, why one is …Being thus conscious of the proper course to pursue, the next thing is to understand the conditions necessary to following it out. After that, one must eliminate from oneself every element alien or hostile to success, and develop those parts of oneself which are specially needed to control the aforesaid conditions.

Magick is YOU - Magick is who you are.
To understand Magick, You must understand the SELF

There are a lot of resources on this site and many others. Read widely!

3 Likes