The Cool Music Thread

Well, I figured I would do something perhaps a bit different. I have put together for you a playlist that is cool from both a Magickian’s perspective and a Recording Artist/ Musician’s perspective. Also, I am throwing in some info too as some of this is rare and you won’t find it unless you know what to look for. I am throwing in a surprise for you too!

Is shameless self-promotion permitted? My music is from 2010 (female as Omega Freedom Base) and 2012 (male as The Art of ZAR). Welcome to The Art of ZAR and underground hit Full Moon are from 2012 as was the photo shoot (unfortunately I have gained 50 lbs since and lost too much hair on top to do the Mohawk, but it is indeed me).

If you want to follow me on FB though, I don’t have a music page anymore as my fanbase is mostly outside of FB and the page was a massive flop (fanbase is approx 1,000 worldwide that I know of- mostly USA and Europe). I do have a Magickian page for my new project Walking Magick (book upcoming- self published unless E.A. wants to publish it.) If you are interested it is here: Walking Magick FB

FB friend add (I would love some more sorcerer friends to chat with because I have no peers to talk to in real time:FB Friendsl

Anyway, my music is Occult-Themed (listen for the layers of symbolism in "Change"for example and feel it out for demonic witness) and the Omega Freedom Base pieces were written, recorded, mixed and mastered with me as Lilith’s vessel full-time. Pink Noise became an extended compilation EP including both projects. I did the original EP inspired by Victor Love’s Computer Flux project wherein he simply said it was just him and his computer! I had no idea that was possible and figured if he could do it, so could I! So, it is a one person project. I did, however, also use a keyboard.

Instrumental “Return of the Gods” (from the same gnosis E.A. got basically) was inspired and channeled. I woke up in the middle of the night in summer 2010 with this in my head, grabbed my keyboard amd started working on it. When it was finally recorded with mic (no midi cord for my keyboard at the time) sounds that were from seemingly nowhere were added. Also, effects came up that makes it sound like it was recorded from the depths of the sea in an underwolrd cavern!

Genres: Industrial/Goth/Electronica. Lyrics in pdf can be downloaded on my music and art website The Art of ZAR on the Music page.

If it won’t play for any reason, please let me know. Best listened to with quality headphones. I have found it sounds best with Skull Candy Grind, personally. Here is a special promo link for you folks on BALG only in appreciation for this place and you folks. There are free download buttons. Not sure how many you can do as I haven’t used this promo link before so if you can download my whole album, please let me know. It is a link that is used for radio stations etc.)- with player on ReverbNation:

I am on BandCamp. If you want the link, let me know. Full Moon is on Apple Music as well.

If you want a player on here, @Timothy let me know and I will send you the coding (if that is even possible on here).

As for other people’s music, I like Nine Inch Nails, Dope Stars Inc, Epochate, some Combichrist, some Angelspit, VNV Nation. Industrial genre and some CyberPunk are my favourite- especially if there are “in your face” kind of lyrics. Let me know what you think of the playlist!:

Something you may not have heard before is out of Italy from Victor Love (more famously of Dope Stars Inc) project called Epochate. Only two people made this music. The song is 1600 AD about the Bible and its god being enslaving bullshit. This is one of the very few albums I have ever heard wherein I love every song!

Sent to Destroy by Combichrist (breaking the system programming theme and a kick-ass video too):

Angelspit: Grind (explicit lyrics):

Dope Stars Inc: It’s Today (Since Vic’s Italian accent can be a bit difficult to understand at times, lyrics follow:

We’re living all alone
Wherever the first light we see
We’re jamming all the roads
To find a reason to exist
The times we’re living through
Are really worse than we all think
We are trapped in a world
That just grow grow grow

It’s today
That we have to wake up
All the energy we own
In a way or else we know
It’s the only way
To change the world
Not an option to retreat
It’s a rule a certain fact
Our time is dead
Our time is dead
Our time is now
And now is past

We’re trapped in a world
That still refuses technology
It’s better to keep slow
And please corporatocracy
But even if we stop
To be the slaves of world machine
Their power is so strong
And still grows grows grows

Not such a dark theme… but cool. There is actually a spiritual combat training place in the astral wherein blades come out of the walls like these walls almost (only people are throwing tsem in this vid). I was surprised to see it in a video with a different theme years after I experienced it. Lacuna Coil: Heaven’s a Lie

From a movie that blew my mind, this song is from the bar scene in Constantine. Why did my jaw practically drag on the ground coming out of the theatre? Because I had been living with soul travel, hell realms and the concept of what I called “Incarnates” since 2000 and there it was in a movie. Not exactly all true, but there are profound nuggets in this film.

The “water is a conduit” scene this vid starts with I found out to be true. As a shamanic initiation experiment years after seeing the film for the first time (when I already had travel under my belt and had passed through other initiations successfully since 1991), I used a tub to travel as far as I could into hell and ascend on the way up. I made it to the Lake of Fire realm and just like in the movie wherein Constatine has his feet in water and he is using the cat as a connect, there was smokey steam coming off me. Fascinating experiment! A Perfect Circle: Passive

Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran fame and an original member of Duran Duran (Stephen “Tin Tin” Duffy) got together and called themselves The Devils. This is just creepy fun. Hawks Don’t Share

One of the most fucked up songs ever written and actually played on radio in the 1980’s. Here is Trent Reznor and some other music legends and their version of Warm Leatherette.

If you would indulge the artist in me, I would like to share with you something very special to me. I was raised on music by Edgar Winter and his brother Johnny (R.I.P. Johnny) . I come from a family of multi-skilled and talented musicians and artists (also military) and was lucky enough to be exposed to Edgar’s music. He is one of the best musicians on the planet in my opinion. He is exceptional.

You might have heard this piece of music on commercials over the years in its original edition from the album “The Edgar Winter Group: They Only Come Out at Night”. When I was a little kid my mother had my brother Greg wake me up for the Midnight Special in 1973. You can find that footage on YouTube if this sort of vintage stuff interests you, but the filming isn’t as clear as in this. It is around 10 minutes long. So, here is Edgar Winter, the first person to use the ARP synthesizer on a neck strap. Enjoy!: Here is Frankenstein in extended live version:

Dark Angel by VNV Nation. They actually have a Gabriel version and an Azrael version:

5 Likes

Oh my hard fucking god :open_mouth:
~thanks for the post

Listen to the lyrics of this its bad ass, it starts off "you could become a god or a devil"

1 Like

Jonny Cash “Well i wont back down, no i wont back down,You stand me up at the gates of hell but I wont back down”

Lucifer playing “All along the watchtower”

1 Like

I’m more of a Soul/R&B-type person.

Soul II Soul - Keep on Movin’
Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow
Snap! - (I’ve Got) The Power
Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come

This is just a sampling of the music in my playlist.

Do get a sense of the theme here? We have the power to take control of our lives and change it for the better. Keep moving and don’t bow down to anyone.

1 Like

jump to:
L’s theme
Teloelogy of Death
Domine Kira
Low of Soplsism

1 Like

I just ordered two books -together 130$…
and through the delay of each paypal payment,
Do i not even know if all of my money is allready gone.

Anyway: One day, one day will i evoke the Maha Chohan…
and will talk to him.

He rules over the Lipica, and the Lipica rule over your Karma.
Even with doubting and questioning that system of Karma,
shudders roll down my back, -like ice cold bugs, while i feel,guilty.

Thanks to a youtube comment, do i know that the following is greek and means:
“Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy.”

Lyrics are written in Greek language.
Kyrie eleison,Christe eleison (Κύριε ελέησον, Χριστέ ελέησον)

It fits this feeling very well.

Irionicly: the books i mentioned before…are “black magick of ahriman” and “the devil, suicide, the apocalypse, nihilism and the abyss”. ~Irony is like Karma, A BITCH.

Shree gurudev datta.
Shree gurudev datta.
Shree gurudev datta.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

This, because Jesus Christ is a liar and a whiny bitch.

?? Ok… is in that big white space below that line (not) supposed to be the place for a linked video?
I ask because i can’t see shit.

1 Like

Yes, blasphemy by NOFX.

I try to listen to almost everything, but my heart will always have a special place for doom metal.

A song that’s been on my mind lately is Scent of Death- Solitude Aeturnus

3 Likes

And Jesus Christ is also a retard, look at the picture frames of him he reminded me of those spastic cross between an arangatang bum and a elephant man.

3 Likes
1 Like

RIP Chris. I’ll miss you.

5 Likes

Part of our life for a while there.

5 Likes

WTF happened to all my goddamned music! Oh Hell…

1 Like

Oh, hold on rewind! Let me introduce myself…

:ghost:

1 Like

I love this band

creepy shit… :anguished:
~but i probably not a bad "ambient" sound for rituals, -if done indoor,
or outside with big ass speakers.

2 Likes