The Cool Music Thread

Come join me in posting any music that is currently influencing and entertaining your mental space.

Let’s get a nice long list going.

Here’s my first one. I used to be a MASSIVE fan of the band AFI before they turned sort of glam-rock.

AFI - Girls Not Grey (Live Hard Rock)

60 Likes

Super old school! One of my favorite by this band!

(Pretty sure it’s also one of the only times they ever played it live)

AFI - This Celluloid Dream - Live

Calling tears from deep inside, oh, you’re so exquisite
And in the mirror, all midnight eyes
Oh, if I could remain, but it’s just a visit
All midnight eyes read “vacancy”
Twisted, twisting

To the lovely dancing lights, I begged, “May I cut in?”
But they never stopped playing “their song”
Of a joyous song they sing, I’ve heard whispers
On a freezing note, I resonate

Just like romantic verses, just like a joyous end
Just like a memory, it twists me
Twist… twisting me

You land as lightly as the new snow, cinematic
Onto the melting boy, and melt away
You light as gently, you’re so cinematic
Bathed in your radiance, I melt

In the glitter, in the dark, sunk into velvet
Praying this will never end
In the shadow of a star, in static pallor
I realized I never began

Just like a memory, it twists me
Twist… twisting me

All the colours upon leaving, all will turn to grey
All the colours upon leaving, all will turn to grey
(All grey) All the colours (All grey) upon leaving
(All grey) all will turn to grey
(All grey) All the colours (All grey) upon leaving
(All grey) all will turn to grey… grey… twisting me

Bathed in your radiance

You land as lightly as the new snow, and melt away

10 Likes

Wow! That was a lively, energizing 3 minutes - thanx for sharing, T! Z

4 Likes

Glenn Danzig has a nice strong masculine presence, and he is outspoken about enjoying magick and occult themes. You’ll find symbolism all over his work.

This is a really good tune.

Danzig - I Don’t Mind The Pain [Alternate Version]

19 Likes

Need to put some good soft music on here. Sisters of Mercy, type o negative, ect…

9 Likes

This is another killer track by Glenn.

Danzig - Twist Of Cain

necromancer add it yourself, brother!

13 Likes

Type O Negative - Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare -All)

12 Likes

Type O Negative - Christian Woman

15 Likes

I’m liking that first one you posted.

2 Likes

Gorgoroth - Carving a giant (uncensored)

9 Likes

What are your honest thoughts on black metal, as a real magician?

The bands all put on a very strong Satanic image, but I know for a fact that 9 out 10 of them are using it as a gimmick for the sake of appearance.

Have you ever seen that documentary, “Until The Light Takes Us”?
[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/[/url]

According to Varge Vikernes from Burzum, the whole infernal aspect to the music sub-genre started when the media reported lies about the Christian church burnings that really occurred in the name of Scandinavian paganism. The magazines and newspapers said it was “Satanists” and thus up and coming bands started branding themselves in that motif to look tough.

Here’s a bio-piece written by basically the innovator of black metal himself:
[url=http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story05.shtml]http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story05.shtml[/url]

I don’t mind the music at all. I’m referring to the symbolism and iconography with which they adorn themselves.

14 Likes

Great posts!
Here are a few of my favorites.

As I Lay Dying
AS I LAY DYING “The Sound of Truth” Music Video

and Protest The Hero … this song fucking rocks. Note that these kids were all in 11th grade when they wrote this album face-palm what?!
Turn Soonest to the Sea - Protest the Hero

5 Likes

Uuhhh, you fellas can have my share of this thread. I can like the lyrics, but not the music in some … the music, but not the lyrics in others … E Nomine, VolBeats, are about as hard as I go with music. Does that make me a girl?

Necromaster, Dude, you plum skeery ain;t ya?

Have at it, Guys! :wink: Z

5 Likes

Black Light Burns 4 walls

3 Likes

I simply enjoy the dark satanic imagery they create.

3 Likes

Steeleye Span - Long Lankin

I’ll go ahead and expose myself as the guy who doesn’t care about the stuff the cool people like. I love virtually every genre of music, from Medieval to modern, but I sieve and choose the very best. It has to spark a certain way and take me somewhere else. I don’t really care whether it suits my thinking or ideology.

I just finally got around to listening to Steeleye Span and I love this song. It’s dark, grisly, catchy as hell, and they get massive points for setting it to a deceptively jolly melody.

6 Likes

Varg actually says in a 1993 interview that he “believes Satan to exist in spiritual form”, and that “God is good, Satan is evil. They wage war upon eachother”. It was only until he got involved in Norse Paganism that he renounced the Satanism of his youth, Euronymous’ Black Circle was actually quite Satanic. Of course, most bands nowadays are gimmicks, but there are a few who aren’t.

6 Likes

Yeah… there’s just something about teenagers headbanging in Satanic face paint that screams POSER!

It’s the only thing I have against it. It’s attracted a lot of what I’d consider ugly attention to Satanism as a religion or system of magick. These folks are bizarrely obsessed with this one particular demon, called “Satan”, who is sort of mid-level on the scale of power, as I understand it, anyway.

But if you know for sure some of these musicians are legit sorcerers, and I’m sure some are, then party on.

8 Likes

I can see where you get that as most who listen to the music like to say they are an occultist but there are a few real occultists who enjoy a little black metal every once in a while. Koetting even says in BoA that he was listening to death metal and he is a living God so I’m pretty sure we are not all posers.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m sure there are occultists who enjoy it. I listen occasionally myself.

Just for the sake of discussion I raise my points. It’s cool to see your perspective.

4 Likes