The Amazing Movies Thread

The Craft(1996)
! No longer available
I feel nostalgia kicking in!

1 Like

Enter the Void(2010)
! No longer available
Prepare to enter the Bardo and Reincarnate…Trippy Movie!

1 Like

Meetings with Remarkable Men(1979)
! No longer available
The Story of G.I. Gurdjieff

Something for Halloween… :slight_smile:

The Tell-Tale Heart - Narrated By James Mason

“The UPA short is known as the first cartoon to be rated X in film history.” Wikipedia

1 Like

! No longer available

! No longer available

ahh the magicians, if we’re doing shows then :

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw]Official Trailer | Season 1 | LUCIFER - YouTube

Is it just me who else loves pinhead

1 Like

Techno Calyps

TechnoCalyps 1-3: [url=http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLgVDY8_xVLYhjw_pOkTnuX2NWQ9fsSy3]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLgVDY8_xVLYhjw_pOkTnuX2NWQ9fsSy3[/url]

I found this because I’m refurbing my biker jacket I’ve had since age 17, and which I’m very happy to say, still fits! :stuck_out_tongue:

This dude did a destruction-job to make a black leather biker jacket look “post apocalyptic” and then, he went and did this with post-apocalypse armour, and it’s fun, and he’s funny - so, sharing! :slight_smile:

DIY POST-APOCALYPTIC ARMOR

1 Like

One of my favourites.It’s just so damn funny.
(go birdie)
! No longer available

Just saw a pretty funny movie. If you like adult raunchy cartoons and movies that are blasphemous in nature, watch HELL AND BACK.

Just saw it on Netflix and it’s relatively new. Mila Kunis and a few other well known actors do the voices, even the guy who does the voice of Bob from Bob’s Burgers, he does the voice of a butt rapist sex offender tree in Hell. The animation is more like Coraline. I think the creators had both Tim Burton and South Park in mind when they made this.

A mortal gets damned to hell for going back on a blood oath he made with his friend after failing to pay his friend back with a breath mint and his friends go in the portal after him to rescue him. Satan is obsessed with a stripper angel from Heaven and their methods of torture for the damned souls include having a pizza hut food booth that does not actually serve pizza but instead, Taco Bell food.

Even Brian Posehn from the Sarah Silverman show does one of the voices. Azazel is a homosexual demon in this movie.

! No longer available

Not movies… A Hero’s Journey: Joseph Campbell
Magical Egypt: John Anthony West

1 Like

I’m getting a little caught in the hype around the upcoming Suicide Squad, although I see how it was made to appeal to the lowest common denominator, sometimes those movies can still be entertaing to watch. Heath Ledger sure raised the bar with his Joker character, but it looks like Leto is making a valiant effort continuing in a similar but different vein with the character. But I’m most excited to see how Cara Delevigne does as the schizophrenic and/or possessed witch. This role is what is going to put her in the American consciousness.

! No longer available

One of my all-time favourite films, “Captain Kidd” with Charles Laughton, 1945:

Charles Laughton - Captain Kidd - Full Movie - 1945

His joyous love of mischief (and hilarious funeral orations for his fellow pirates) are wonderful to behold. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t see if anyone mentioned it but in the movie bed knobs and broomsticks by Disney (always hiding wonderful occult Easter eggs for us :wink: mentions Astaroth and a few other real occult names in the film [url=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJG3QddSzjOwV_ztMI0wB5n2c63OQom2R5viennzGyctNE-2OS]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJG3QddSzjOwV_ztMI0wB5n2c63OQom2R5viennzGyctNE-2OS[/url]

Reality shifting - if you’re looking for a box set to watch, you could do far worse than Amazon’s TV series “The Man In The High Castle” - they’ve created something pretty amazing with this, an alternate 1962 in which America is carved up between the Nazis on the east coast, and the Japanese on the west, with a small and decaying neutral buffer zone in the middle.

The plot revolves around movie reels that seem to show a different reality, and the pay-off in the final scene, final ep, is incredible - and, I found, thought-provoking. No reality appears to exist without massive loss of life along the way, and questionable worldviews presented with absolute moral certainty as being RIGHT.

Above is a still from the series showing Times Square, the details in the backgrounds of the outdoors shots are amazing, the Nazi sections being rather more recognisably from the (our?) 1960’s, whereas the cultural erasure of Americana in the Japanese section is meticulously, and even suffocatingly, portrayed.

This is the trailer:

The Man In The High Castle - Official Trailer

They’ve veered away considerably from Philip K. Dick’s original novel, with skill and a sensitivity to the original, and I’m quite excited to see what will happen in the next series, and how they’ll handle the plot’s central theme of reality not always being fixed.

Amazon are not my favourite company, for several very serious reasons, but they did something very cool with this IMO, so credit where it’s due to the artistic team involved.

Cannot wait until “Dr. Strange” comes out in November. Gonna go see the new “Jason Borne” to morrow. I recommend “Beta Test” thr movie because it is strangely different, not to mention a scene strangely takes place at the City Hall building in Seattle. The movie is an action Flick where the creator of this Mind Control chip implant is used on him so he basically frees himself from it and goes kicking ass, where funny enough the main bad guy is Blonde Haired and Blue eyed.

Is this the one where Matt Damon goes round confiscating everyone’s guns on all sides, because they might go bang and someone get hurt? :o)

Speaking of daft politics, I saw the new Ghostbusters (not in the cinema, I’ll only say - I wanted to see if it was worth £6 after all the fuss), and oh boy, it really IS as bad as it’s been slated IMO, and when you consider that 9 To 5 was pretty misandrist (but funny, I love Dolly!) and Working Girl had plenty of career women, and yet was funny, there’s really no excuse for Ghostbusters being crap except piss-poor casting and talent. I made it 15 minutes with precisely one small laugh in one of the opening scenes then tuned it out, the characters are so unlikeable and, well, just not funny. IMO.

Passengers looks promising, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passengers_(2016_film)

I like “alone in space” or “alone in any hostile environment” movies, since I’ve felt that way a lot! :wink:

That’s about the only thing I’m personally interested in seeing (pending reviews), but Beta Test looks interesting, thanks for that.

I heard Sigourney Weaver may be up for doing another Alien movie, I want that to be true but I’m also worried they’ll kill it, I liked Prometheus a LOT and I don’t know where they’ll go with the “8” character, and her acid for blood.