Taking criticisms on my altar - what am I doing wrong? doubtful anything to do with altar

Sounds likely if there’s no other cause, it could be a “hurry up and use this spell and make contact” reminder. Things like that seriously do happen and lfies are pretty easy for a spirit to send your way.

1 Like

So I’m not crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!!. For those of you who recall my do Christians “praying for my soul” have anything to do with somehow interfering with my LHP endeavors just a brief throwback to that my mom - devout Christian- was over the other day and while not overly preachy but can be at times as I do talk to her about “stuff” and naturally Jesus is the answer to everything- anyways she said there was definitely an “evil presence” in my house. Ya so to state the obvious use the damn thing and perform the ritual and see if they go away. I only purchased because the more I grow the more I realize the importance of divination and that’s what it’s for. I also- and i was on the fence but purchased for use when and if I feel ready a pact with Lucifuhe kit. Like I said I’m nowhere near there or even contemplating but thought it was worthwhile to mention. They sit in the same drawer. Seems logical right- Beelzebub saying use me!!! Flies… seems logical to those in the know right? For years I thought Lucifuge was just a cleaver Danzig album title but it was not just the you tube vid paying warning- I’ve heard and read it others too. For the adept only. I’m not there yet but at the same time felt compelled to buy.

2 Likes

He is “Lord of everything that flies” so he does direct swarms of flying insects if he wants. It seems to me that he is indeed trying to get your attention. You bought the book or kit or whatever it is, so why is it sitting in your drawer not being used? When you think their name they hear you. If they like what they see they do come around and try to work with you. I would go with your gut and start trying to communicate with and learn about him.

I want to address the christians praying for you part. I know, from experience that it can and does interfere with you if the ones praying are strong. I had a group of prayer warriers praying for me every morning for a while and omg. I had to tell them basically to stop. I was like thanks! But you really don’t have to pray for me! I’m fine! I think they eventually stopped. It has been about 4 years since I saw them. I used to go to church and all that stuff. It was hard deprogramming myself but I did it. Don’t worry about your pace. You are doing just fine. They are very patient and understand that the human body is weak and years of conditioning and training are not undone overnight. If you ever want to talk privately I am always around! That goes to anyone who reads this. I would love to share stories and learn from anyone who is on this forum!

2 Likes

Time- been meaning to. I’ve just chosen instead to when I have the time to study or goal oriented ritual. It’s hard working 50+ hours a week and single father of three. I am however going to make time this weekend most likely tonight.

You’ll probably want to change the details of the setup per ritual. Keeping a setup only has the best effects when it is for one type of ritual, or manifestation.

Unless it’s an active part of the ritual you don’t need it in the circle. The only thing that really should be in the circle is you, or whatever you’re summoning, based on what you’re working with. If it needs a holding pattern, or setup, it should be in the circle and an object, Otherwise, you should be in it.

Really, really shouldn’t be your blood, in almost every case.

Well that wouldn’t happen unless someone was following your footsteps, otherwise the most I can give you is advice on cashing in on magical mechanics, instead of being at the mercy of them. There’s nothing in the altar that’s necessarily wrong, but there are ways to improve your setup’s ability to act as a bridge for you and spirit.

As for the triangle, the vertex should be pointed away from you when you’re summoning, as not only that is where the spirit comes through but where it will be staying. You should be the base of the triangle, and the spirit the vortex- after all, it is you opening your arms to them, and trying to draw them to you, not the other way around. That aside, vertex pointing at you insinuates that it is an invocation.

Offerings should be near the vertex in order to speed up the manifestation, as they are closer to where the spirit is being drawn in. Candles are fine where they are, but you should charge them to act as gateways or batteries for entities to manifest through.

The entity’s sigil should be under an object you attached it to, usually by its own will. This will further enhance its ability to interact through the vessel.

The triangle is a bridge. It is not an even bridge, in the sense that it runs equally both ways, but a bridge that allows you to improve upon a simple shape. By this, I mean that it is a classic “well reception”, two open arms which draw one to greet them.

The circle is a pocket, or hole. What happens inside of it translates to the reality of the one who created it, the best ones even manifest dust should the circle collect it. It is your access point, your link under the hood of reality.

The power of the triangle, summarized.

This is incredibly sound advice. Your altar should always be clean, unless you’re interested in getting dirt in the very essence of your life.

3 Likes

All good stuff- as far as the circle the whole thing is only like 24"x24" no way I’d fit inside a 8" (guesstimate) hold. Besides I’ve been under the impression it’s a protection circle thing and subscribe to the theroy that why am I evoking something I need to protect myself from- that’s not to say I don’t maintain a healthy respect, I’ve since cleaned the place up. Unfourtenalty the cloth itself now has a burn hole in it from may “insense bowl” breaking in half from heat stress from coals- hole is in an “insignificant” spot in the corner. Funny you mention about the triangle- my “intuition” actually I do not believe it was my intuition at all- if you look at the sigil I’ve gone in a different direction and asked for tutelage from a great knower of all occult sciences and believe I have gotten some- yes have since done exactly that but I point it at the spirits planetary association depending on the time of day- in this case sun- points east in the morning and west at night. I know astrology and evocation is the subject of much debate but why the hell not- takes very little effort. I think I mentioned this on another thread and I’m not sure the efficacy at this point- added the elements of fire (burning alcohol), running water (cheap cool looking dragon on castle fountain with some blood in the water) only because heard blood,running water,and fire are the most potent gateway openers. Curious as to why you say shouldn’t be my own blood. I mean do I REALLY need to go catnabbing the neighborhood cats? I don’t really like cats anyways.

Portal/gateway aside i find the alcohol burns very clean and the flame provides quite the hypnotic effect- far more so then a little candle flame.

Can you expand on this a little. I.e dumb it up for me.

No, if you do that you’re going to really fuck up the lives of the people who own them and can spend years grieving and traumatised not knowing what happened to their pet, pets are family to some of us, even to me, and lonely, elderly, or disabled people even more so.

Leave the kitties alone and either make the sacrifice yourself from your own blood, or work without blood is my personal advice, because it’s not your sacrifice if you hurt a cat, it’s the innocent person who loves it. It’s totally meaningless to give something you stole.

Read this for more on that concept.

There are rare occasions when animal sacrifice is appropriate, but not something like this, and not through theft of someone else’s animal.

Oh I agree. That was purely dark sarcasm on my part. I was just questioning why my own blood was [quote=“Velotak, post:46, topic:13042”]
Really, really shouldn’t be your blood, in almost every case.
[/quote]

1 Like

Actually it’s been proven that the old texts and grimours originally mispelled his name, he is not lord of flies, his true name is lord of lords.

2 Likes

You’re not only legitimizing their vessel, by placing their seal underneath it, both things can be used as a portal. By linking them together you get stronger manifestation, period, to say nothing of what will happen to the vessel.

As for your blood, the only link deeper than that is your soul. So, if you go out handing links to you in every other spell you cast, you’re basically broadcasting your personal information, which is unwise. Unless you have birthed the creature (your blood is its blood), there’s no reason- at all- to give it your blood, unless you’re trying to surrender yourself to it.

1 Like

So your saying sigil should slightly reach under inscense bowl for example- assuming I’m expecting some sort of manifestation from the inscense.

You need a vessel for the spirit…and place the sigil under the vessel.

1 Like

How do I see it if it’s underneath something?

Here’s another shot of updated- added fire and running water fountain (grey thing on right is hard to see- the water is reddish from my blood) hard to make out the gold and in the little butter dish is dirt- the element of earth fresh from my own back yard. Not to fresh I guess it’s been there awhile.

see what I mean about the circle- my insense bowl is just that- a plain porcelain bowl to put things in perspective. Now how the hell im I supposed to fit in that. I know every bit of this is subjective to each individual from the blood, use of evocation triangle circle at all and even type of incense. The pic failed to capture the same scrying mirror leaning against the wall.

1 Like

I like the statue to, what I think is the right. Looks great!

1 Like

Thank you that’s the fountain. Was cheap and is a dragon perched atop a castle.

1 Like

That’s beautiful, I like it.