Reading novels

It was ok. I was surprised how Sci-Fi it got about half way through, and did not really like that part of the novel. I’m glad I read it though, and she tied up some loose ends by the end of it.

1 Like

I really liked Pandora actually.

1 Like

Terry Brooks is a New York Times bestseller of the Shannara series. Great sorcery stuff in there. Battles with evil creatures and such things. With a few pointers on the real world.

1 Like

Me too, I like how authentic Anne Rice makes her visits into different time periods.

1 Like

i liked that book

1 Like

Any of the “Dune” books by Frank Herbert. Have reread them so many times!

1 Like

There’s a movie, I forget the title, Martin Sheen owned a bookstore and a young girl would visit him and talk. He told her that admiring paintings and reading novels is a transcendental spiritual experience.

Its true, I once saw Martin Sheen un London, standing in the street admiring a painting that some guy had done. It was amazing, like he was in a trance.

Just ordered this on Amazon, although I know a lot of this information, it seems like the author has a lot that I’ve missed.

This is basically the reason why I roll my eyes when I hear people talk about the the ‘path’ they are taking. It sounds all melodramatic and full of teen angst.

There are things that I can get angels to do which demons aren’t to interested in and vice versa to get better results.

Anyway, to say that angelics can do no evil is a fallacy, and I’ve even heard that the archangels will destroy someone if they are angered enough.

And don’t get me started on how ‘unselfserving’ light workers are. Duality is a flop… lol

Not a novel, but still a book :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you’re into Lovecraft type stuff, The House On The Borderland by William Hope Hodgson is a great read. It’s very Lovecraftian in parts but was published nine years before Lovecraft published his first story. Lovecraft read the novel and it makes one wonder how much of an influence this story may have had on him and his work.

5 Likes