Questions about evocation

no but i do meditate every day going to TGS and stay for about 20 minuets a day.

I would also suggest taking up a form of divination to strengthen all of your intuitive senses.

I didn’t realize the importance of divination practices until I discovered this forum. I thought it was a different branch of magick, but it turns out that it’s a foundational practice that’s helped me get to the point I could communicate directly with the spirits.

Since you seem to have a strong visual component to your trance state (seeing the fog in the TGS), I would suggest you start working with scrying into water or fire.

If you’re going to scry into water, just put some water in a bowl you can gaze into. I like to do it by candlelight or even in complete darkness.

If you’re going to scry into fire, I recommend a metal bowl or a small brazier. The bowl or brazier can get pretty hot, so make sure it’s not sitting on something that’s flammable or something that would be ruined if it got scorched. For the fuel, I recommend 50% isopropyl alcohol (just clear rubbing alcohol).

I was guided to understand that 50% isopropyl alcohol basically combines the gateways of fire and water together. The flame is literally floating on top of a layer of water and only water is left when the flame goes out.

Basically, when you’re scrying into these mediums, you’re softening your gaze just like you do with the sigil and letting the medium go slightly out of focus. You sink into the trance states and just let yourself go. Just observe what happens without feeling attached to any specific outcome.

I would work that into a daily practice as well.

1 Like

i kinda do that but i just look in to the fog and try not to think is that what your talking about?
will the entity appear in the fog right?

If you’re “trying not to think”, you’re still too engaged with the conscious mind. Let go of everything. Lose yourself in the chanting. Rock side to side or sway back and forth if it helps. Just keep going until you completely let go of your conscious mind.

I’m guessing you’re sitting there, trying not to think, wondering if this is really working, what was that?, did I chant that enough times yet?, is this working yet?, why isn’t this working?, what am I doing wrong?, what’s wrong with me?, why can’t I get this to work?!?!?

1 Like

absolutely that’s what im doing

You need to practice meditation more and learn to still that voice. In your rush to get to the good stuff, you’ve missed a core fundamental practice.

I had to spend a little over a month (37 days) doing daily meditation before I was able to quiet my own inner critic.

The simplest method I found was to sit quietly, close my eyes, and just start focusing on my breath.

Whenever a thought popped into my head, I mentally told it to stop, it’s input was not required or welcome. I was a little more hostile toward it because my own self-talk was very nasty to me.

And then I returned to focusing on my breath. Another criticism … “Shut up. I don’t need or want your input.”

You start where you are and build up the time you can do it. Try to get up to at least 15 to 30 minutes a day.

Just make it a part of your practice schedule.

1. Meditate.
  2. Scry into fire or water.

You may want to try focusing on those two things for a few weeks, then go back to working the evocation into the mix.

3 Likes

would you recommend closing your eyes as you rock and thank for the meditation advise

I’m not sure it really matters. The spirits don’t care … it’s just for you. You’ll have to see what works for you. I do it different ways at different times.

You’re welcome.

Just understand that the meditation and scrying practice will help you with evocation. I’m not asking you to give up on evocation. I’m just suggesting you focus on building your skill to see the spirits up through those two practices. I think you’ll find they help you with the evocation.

1 Like

i started the candle meditation.looking at the flame
i tried evocation again and now when chanting i start getting in to and mispronouncing the name does that make sense? is that meant to happen?

Sure, that can happen. But if you’re conscious mind is thinking “hey, I’m mispronouncing the name”, you’re not there yet. I only pay attention to the chanting long enough to set the pattern up, then I just stop paying any attention to it at all. It fades into the background for me.

I know this can be difficult. I’m going back to some basic mindfulness meditations myself after spending the last year with active meditations and it’s difficult for me, too. That’s why they call it “a practice”. lol

1 Like

lol so if it mispronounced or doesn’t make sense that’s ok

When you start the chanting consciously, you’re pronouncing it correctly with the intention to connect with the spirit. When you let go of your conscious mind, whatever happens just happens. Your intention is still to connect with the spirit.

At a certain point, it can just shift into a type of glossolalia.

In the immortal words of my closest spirit, “Don’t worry about it. You worry too much.” lol

1 Like

yeah so true.
i saw blue sparks in the fog this time when chanting that’s new lol

3 Likes

Interesting. Keep going. :slight_smile:

they spark then disappear. i see the fog then i start chanting and they just started showing up 1 or 2 i didn’t even look at sigil first i just started chanting in the fog to see what would happen i have no idea what i was doing differently.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Let your intuition guide you. You’ll get there. Look at the success you’re already starting to have.

23 minutes in, in fact the entire discussion may be relevant to OP.

Thanks
I don’t know how I missed this I thought I watch all the videos on evocation a couple months ago.
After getting back in to meditation I realized doubt is the problem doubt in if im doing it right even tho i know all I need is the sigil and I know the steps and I have to stop trying to think it needs to be perfect.
and trying to understand what losing yourself in rapture means the astral matrix is what i was talking about in the beginning of this post.

TGS question i should have asked in the beginning when i pull my vision back to get in to the TGS and hold it that’s causes the fog do i have to continue holding my vision back once im in trance? does the TGS stay engaged when my eyes focus?
so if i want to close my eyes as i chant?

Thanks
I don’t know how I missed this I thought I watch all the videos on evocation a couple months ago.
After getting back in to meditation I realized doubt is the problem doubt in if im doing it right even tho i know all I need is the sigil and I know the steps and I have to stop trying to think it needs to be perfect.
and trying to understand what losing yourself in rapture means the astral matrix is what i was talking about in the beginning of this post.

TGS question i should have asked in the beginning when i pull my vision back to get in to the TGS and hold it that’s causes the fog do i have to continue holding my vision back once im in trance? does the TGS stay engaged when my eyes focus?
so if i want to close my eyes as i chant?

There’s a certain mindset the spirits taught me that has helped me become a better magickian. They’ve taught me over and over again to think of myself as a King.

At first, I thought I was just playing tricks and flattering my ego, but that’s not it. It’s a very important symbol for me and it helped me understand the mindset I needed to make my magick effective.

When a King says something, he doesn’t wonder if it will be carried out or not. He’s the King. He said it and it’s done. He doesn’t second guess himself and ask himself “Gee, do you think that vassal really did what I told him to do?” No, he’s the King and it’s done the moment he says it.

That’s the exact attitude you need to make magick work effectively for you. You just do it and it’s done. No worrying about it. No wondering if it will work. No doubting whether or not the spirits will actually do what you asked.

You are the King. Your Will Be Done. That’s the attitude you need to make it all work.

Now, a King is also respectful to other Kings and treats them as respected equals.

And that’s exactly the relationship I have with the spirits I work with. We are equals that respect each other and choose to work together.

The spirits are free to tell me no and they know I won’t force them to against their own free will. I abhor that, so I won’t do it. And they know it’s true because they’ve tested me to see if it was true or not.

I get reminders of that all the time. lol

My first ritual dagger was a butcher knife from the Dollar Store. Yeah, it cost a buck. Literally. lol

But I learned my lesson. That time.

And still I struggle with this and need a reminder every so often.

Can’t really answer that for you, my friend. I don’t see the fog the way you do. It doesn’t seem to make a difference to me if I keep my eyes open or close them. I’ve had it work both ways.

Hell, I just evoked Ba’al and had a 15 minute chat with him while I was waiting on my doctor to finally get around to seeing me. Didn’t need a sigil or incense or anything more than a light trance state. Just reached out to him and he reached back.

Never spoke with him before today. He came through loud and clear.

Now part of that was because he wanted to speak to me about something, but that’s not uncommon for me at this point.

After Ba’al and I were done with our little chat, the doctor came in. He shivered a bit and said “Wow, I just had a chill.”

I just smiled at him and said “Feels pretty good in here to me.” lol

I’m not telling you this to brag. I just want you to understand it doesn’t have to be as complicated as you’re trying to make it.

The next time you evoke, thank the spirit for coming, explain you’re having problems with communicating, and ask him to help you find a way you can communicate. Ask him to spend time with you, letting you get used to his energy. Imagine gently grabbing him and pulling him close around you like a cloak.

You might want to try something like automatic writing. Evoke him and sit there with a blank piece of paper and a pen. Ask him to communicate with you, to guide your pen. Then just start moving your pen in a random pattern and see what happens.

If something pops into your head, write it down or draw it or describe it. Just accept that it’s a message and get it down. Don’t think about it or judge it. Just let it flow to you.

1 Like