Questions about evocation

how many ways do you know how to make a sigil for a spirit if you only have its name?

I personally know three.

If youā€™re trying to get your first evocation to work, Iā€™d suggest sticking to a popular spirit that you know other people are having success with.

thanks again i understand what you are saying but i think i keep doing more research before doing it because it seems a little to easy like there should be more steps if that makes sense i havenā€™t had time to try out your steps yet.

Oh yeah, I understand.

Evocation really is simple once we discover the few elements that make a difference. E.A. does a great job focusing on the few core elements that make a difference.

I think the problem most of us have is that weā€™ve bought into the societal conditioning that we are weak, limited things that need the approval of someone else. Those are great beliefs to train into people if you want to control them.

but i think i keep doing more research before doing it because it seems a little to easy like there should be more steps if that makes sense

Yep, I understand. Be careful, because research can become mental masturbation that lets you fantasize and feel like youā€™re getting somewhere when youā€™re really not.

I think a lot of people get stuck reading about and learning about this stuff rather than experiencing it because thereā€™s some form of conditioned fear in them. Getting through that fear allowed me to take a huge step forward in my own practice.

In the end, the best route Iā€™ve found through this stuff is to just experience things first hand for myself. It takes a lot of courage and dedication, but itā€™s worked out well for me.

2 Likes

" Thatā€™s really good advice IMO, this is important - itā€™s not what you know so much as your attitude. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So true, Eva.

Attitude is vital.

Like E.A., I donā€™t use a protection circle or threaten a spirit in any way. I wouldnā€™t want someone to invite me over to their house and treat me that way, so I donā€™t treat spirits that way.

I treat them with respect, but I donā€™t worship them or serve them. Iā€™m looking for a partner in a joint venture. If they donā€™t want to work with me, thatā€™s ok. We can both go our separate ways in peace.

I donā€™t think itā€™s that different from building a relationship with another person.

3 Likes

how important is stating your intention ? is it just for the spirit to know whats your trying to do?

Do you mean how important is stating your intention out loud? Or just clarifying your intention?

I wonā€™t perform any magick without having a clear intention. If Iā€™m not clear on what my intention is, Iā€™m not ready yet. Iā€™ll ponder it, reflect on it, and use divination until Iā€™ve got a very clear intention.

As far as evocation goes and stating your intention out loud ā€¦

Well, thatā€™s where we start considering our personal beliefs about how the mechanics of magick work and our own personal abilities.

I have a fairly well developed telepathic communication ability with spirits, so I can speak to a spirit without saying anything out loud.

I personally believe a spirit can read our energy patterns directly, so I donā€™t believe you need to state your intention out loud for a spirit to ā€œhearā€ it.

But Iā€™ve also experienced the powerful resonances of certain sounds. And itā€™s an age old belief that words contain power. I think thatā€™s true and the sounds themselves can be powerful vehicles for your intention.

If Iā€™m just evoking and speaking to a spirit for divination purposes, Iā€™ll just speak with them telepathically.

But if Iā€™m working a ritual in order to change something within this physical world, Iā€™ll state my intention firmly and powerfully, sending my intention out into the universe through the sound waves.

Experiment and find out whatā€™s the most powerful for you.

2 Likes

thanks again once i get my mind around how easy it all is i should be fine.
i think thatā€™s my overall problem.

1 Like

Understand. Been there, too. Still do it from time to time.

yeah the psychological part understanding its that its that easy.
how long do you do the chanting sequence?

Until it works. You lose yourself in the chant. Human concepts like time just fall away and donā€™t even matter when you enter the trance states.

From a practical perspective, it seems to give your conscious mind something to ā€œplayā€ with so that you keep it busy while you slip into a deeper trance state. It can also help ā€œset the moodā€ psychologically for you.

But I believe that intoning or chanting a mantra can send intentions out through the vibrations of the sound waves.

Ever seen a demonstration of a sound at a certain frequency shattering a wine glass? Same principle.

1 Like

i get it.
would you recommend charging the sigil every time you use it? or do you really only needed to do it once?

Iā€™m not sure what information source you are working with, so Iā€™ll just tell you what I do.

When Iā€™m constructing a sigil, I go into a trance state and draw the sigil with both my pen and my own energy. My energy is filled with the intention of the sigil.

When Iā€™ve finished drawing the sigil, I call the spirit to me and ask it to charge the sigil with itā€™s own energy while I do the same.

Thatā€™s the process I call ā€œcharging the sigilā€. And I only do that once after Iā€™m done constructing the sigil.

When I go to use a sigil, I use the process weā€™ve been talking about in this thread. I call that process ā€œopening the sigilā€. And I open the sigil every time Iā€™m going to use it.

I like to think of the sigil as a gateway between the spirit and myself. I open the gateway between us, intone itā€™s name, and ā€œpullā€ it to me.

once im in the TGS and as soon as i look at the sigil it flashes immediately with out any chanting or saying any thing i know thatā€™s a sign the the entity is in the room with you and chanting brings it to full manifestation. i chant the room is already cloudy and nothing happens.its a bit frustrating i know every one goings through this but thatā€™s were im stuck.
the entity im trying to work with is Marbas

I know itā€™s frustrating, but youā€™re making progress.

Iā€™d recommend you go through the evocation at least once a day for however long it takes, altering one little thing at a time, until you get the results youā€™re seeking.

If you can see a fog, then Iā€™d say your astral sight is active.

My intuition tells me youā€™re successfully evoking the spirit, but youā€™re blocking yourself from seeing it in some way. Youā€™re not letting yourself go enough, trying to control everything. Feels like thereā€™s fear involved.

Edit: Sheesh. I cannot English today.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: it seems like everything is going well till the manifestation i see your point fear of some kind when i go in to TGS and hold it thatā€™s when the room fogs and i cant really see much of objects in the room its strange it just stops there from what i have read TGS is the hardest part for most people and getting to the crossroads its a little strange i guess but whats not :joy:

2 Likes

Are you using incense or anything for a manifestation base? Have you tried that?

i tried incense but i found its easy to go from the TGS to the crossroad easier with out it t didnā€™t seem to help.much smoke moved but it could just have been a small bit of wind. seems more like a distraction.

I get this feeling youā€™re really stuck on this needing to see the spirits visibly, probably to make it seem more ā€œrealā€ for you. I get that totally. I was there.

So what might be happening is youā€™re holding on too tight. Youā€™re not letting yourself completely go.

If you can count how many times youā€™ve chanted the spiritā€™s name, youā€™re not there yet. Thereā€™s a point where everything else falls away and you sink deeply into a trance state.

Donā€™t be afraid to sway or move. Let yourself go. Whatever you experience is what youā€™re supposed to experience.

Try this the next time you evoke this spirit:

1. Put the sigil on the ground or altar before you. Somewhere you can see it, but donā€™t have to hold it.

2. Open the sigil.

3. Raise your attention to the space above the sigil.

4. Say something like ā€œSpiritā€™s Name, appear above your sigil in a form visible to me.ā€

5. Start going into a cycle of chanting the spiritā€™s name over and over, then go back to ā€œSpiritā€™s Name, appear above your sigil in a form visible to me.ā€

6. Just keeping doing this until you lose yourself in it.

7. If you canā€™t get to the point of seeing the spirit and communicating with it during the evocation, say this at the end of the evocation ritual: ā€œSpirit Name, thank you for coming. Unfortunately, I cannot see or communicate with you yet. Please continue to bring your energies close to me so I can get used to them and tune into them. I appreciate your help.ā€

8. Do not perform any banishing rituals while you are doing this. You donā€™t want to clear this spiritā€™s energy out of your area. You want to soak yourself in it, allowing your own energy fields to ā€œsync upā€ with it.

I would keep doing this every day for as long as it takes. I personally like doing this kind of work early in the morning. 3 to 4 am really does feel very different to me.

The last thing to do is to pay attention to anything and everything you start experiencing. Pay attention not just to what you see, but what you hear, what you smell, what you taste, and what you feel. Also pay attention to anything that just seems to grab your attention for some reason or if you have images pop into your mind.

Out of curiosity, do you practice any form of divination on a regular basis?

2 Likes