Questions about evocation

I have been practicing mediation for a year I can get in the theta gamma sync very easily where the room will fog witch I believe is the crossroads I cant even see the items in the room I can do this with out any tools just siting in a chair
but where do I go from there?
here comes the questions
I scan the sigil then chant the name of the spirit correct?
Should I use incense? do I really need a manifestation base? I do have copal incense if so.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Gaze into the sigil and after it flashes or moves, you begin to chant the enn or incantation. You don’t always need a manifestation base but incense can help you to determine whether a spirit is there via the smoke patterns changing.

6 Likes

but where do I go from there? Your going to have to fill in the blanks yourself, what does the spirit look like, how’s it standing, is it holding anything etc etc, that’s when the really groovy shit happens.:wink:
I scan the sigil then chant the name of the spirit correct? Yes :thumbsup:
Should I use incense? Try it and see.:wink:

2 Likes

thank you both for the help. i tried using incense but not much luck. so i visualize what the spirit looks like and where its standing? that’s all? im trying to see a full manifestation
thanks again

1 Like

I’ve got a few questions to help you trouble shoot this here …

1. What’s your goal for the evocation? Just trying to make first contact with a spirit and have your first conversation?

2. When you see the fog filling the room, are you seeing it with your physical eyes? Or do you have your eyes closed and you’re seeing it in your mind’s eye?

3. Can you feel energy?

1 Like
  1. Yes.Just trying to make first contact
  2. i see the fog with my eyes open when im in trance
  3. No

Ok, we’re a little different in that I can’t see them with my physical eyes, only in my mind’s eye. Nothing wrong with it either way, it’s just the way you’re naturally processing the information is different from mine. Both can work just fine.

The important thing here is to take an experimental approach to finding what works for you and to not quit. You’re very close.

What charles9 is talking about with “filling in the blanks” is creating an energy body the spirit can control and use to appear to you.

I personally think this is what the manifestation base is for as it gives energy off in vapor form that you and the spirit can manipulate to form the energy body. I don’t think it’s “required” and I don’t personally use a manifestation base myself.

The incense is also adding an energy to the mix, plus it offers visible smoke that can be manipulated much easier than a solid object can be manipulated.

When you’re in the TGS, have you ever tried creating anything made out of energy? Have you ever tried mentally manipulating the fog you see while you’re in that state?

1 Like

i get in to trance by pulling my vision back then i hold it then it turns in to the fog where i cant see any thing in the room
i have tried to visualize people but the fog seems to just move a bit. i did not think incense did all that the black mirror is just a reflection to help to stay in trance right?
i think i get stuck on the chanting the name part what to do when im chanting it?

1 Like

We could easily veer off into a discussion of magickal theory and what tools do and all that fun stuff, but I’d rather just stay focused on helping you get the result you want in this thread. Feel free to PM if you want to talk about my take on the other stuff.

The black mirror is your focus point. It’s where you’re asking the spirit to manifest visually for you.

Everything in magick is a way of focusing your intention, so you have to make your intention clear.

Now, I personally don’t go for big complicated rituals with long litanies out of historical grimoires. So I just try to put things into my own words and make my intention clear. That’s what works for me so that’s what I continue to do.

Here’s what I would try:

1. Get into the TGS as you do now.

2. Stare at the sigil a moment and state your intention. “My intention is to contact Spirit’s Name, have him appear visibly to me in my black mirror, and have a conversation with him.”

3. Let your gaze soften as you keep looking at the sigil. Start chanting the name of the spirit you’re trying to contact. Let it become a mantra that you repeat over and over and over. You might even want to say something like “Spirit’s Name, Spirit’s Name, Spirit’s Name … come to me … show yourself visibly to me in my black mirror …”

4. You’ll feel a change and probably see something change with the sigil. I’ve had the siigil flash, glow, disappear, change, and other stuff. But something always happen if I’m in a trance state and I keep at it.

5. When the sigil changes, shift your focus to the black mirror, soften your gaze as you look into it, and keep the chanting going until the spirit appears in your black mirror.

6. Let the spirit take whatever form it wants to take in the black mirror. It doesn’t mean you did anything wrong if it appears to you differently than it does someone else.

The hardest part will be staying in the TGS when you have your first success. Sometimes we got all excited (or freaked out) and snap out of the TGS. lol

It’s ok, just calm down, and go right back into your trance state. The spirit will still be there until you end the ritual.

5 Likes

First of all thank you for your help and time

i don’t use a mirror
the one thing im not do is stating my intention
i just go in to trance. the sigil flashes almost immediately for me i dont need to chant to get it to flash. if im not using incense or a mirror should i just look in the the fog? and say show yourself visibly in the fog??

1 Like

Oh, thought you used a black mirror when you mentioned it in the previous post.

i don’t use a mirror
i just go in to trance. the sigil flashes almost immediately for me i dont need to chant to get it to flash. if im not using incense or a mirror should i just look in the the fog? and say show yourself visibly in the fog??

Ok, here’s the deal.

The sigil is a link to the spirit’s energy.

The name of the spirit is another link to the spirit’s energy.

If you had a painting that someone did of that spirit while they were in trace, that would be another link to the spirit’s energy.

If you’re watching a video of E.A. evoking that spirit, that’s a link to the spirit’s energy.

When you’re just starting out trying to get your first success, you want to stack the odds in your favor. So you want to add as many links to the spirit’s energy as you can practically get.

For you, I would try just using the sigil and the spirit’s name as the link.

So let’s re-work this a bit to make it fit what you just told me:

1. Get into the TGS as you do now.

2. Stare at the sigil a moment and state your intention. “My intention is to contact Spirit’s Name, have him appear visibly in the air in front of me, and have a conversation with him.”

3. Let your gaze soften as you keep looking at the sigil. Start chanting the name of the spirit you’re trying to contact. Then state your intention again: “Spirit’s Name, Spirit’s Name, Spirit’s Name … come to me … show yourself to me visibly in the air before me …”

4. You’ll feel a change and probably see something change with the sigil. I’ve had the siigil flash, glow, disappear, change, and other stuff. But something always happen if I’m in a trance state and I keep at it.

5. When the sigil changes, shift your focus to air in front of you, soften your gaze as you look into it, and keep the chanting going until the spirit appears before you

6. Let the spirit take whatever form it wants to take…

If that doesn’t work for you, try it again using the incense as your focus point. Just change your words to reflect your new intention.

If you don’t have a specific focus point, how do you know the spirit isn’t just visibly appearing behind you? The most powerful spirits I’ve ever summoned always approach me from behind. But I can feel their energy, so I know they are there.

thank you for your help and time

You’re very welcome. Every magician or sorcerer, no matter how experienced they are, began where you are right now. It wasn’t that long ago I was here asking for help, too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i never would have thought about that :laughing:
my final question is should i be visualizing the spirit as i chant?

When you’re visualizing a spirit, you’re actually helping to create an energy body the spirit can control. That’s what charles9 was getting at earlier.

So you can do that. If you were experienced in energy work and feeling energy, I would suggest you actually create the spirit’s energy body intentionally so the spirit could just “step into it” and start using it.

Right now, we’re focusing on your physical sight because that’s what you’ve got working for you. No reason not to use it if it’s already working enough to see the fog.

But you don’t have to see a spirit to successfully evoke it.

I’ve worked with spirits I’ve never seen, even in mind’s eye. And some spirits have only appeared in my mind’s eye after I spent some time talking to them in my mind. And some spirits appear as shadows I see with my physical eyes against my wall, but I couldn’t communicate with them in the beginning.

I’ve just got different senses that are stronger for me and you’ve got a stronger visual sense than I do.

I prefer to just allow the spirit to decide how to appear to me and work from there.

2 Likes

What does the “enn” stand for? English isnt my mother language so I dont know all the shortenings :slight_smile:

It’s just the phrase that you chant while looking at the sigil. Just google demonic enns.

1 Like

Here’s the best description of what an enn is that I found when I was looking them up …

Demonic Enns

I never chant anything I don’t understand in foreign languages. It’s a thing with me. lol

1 Like

Thanks.

His demon list was shit. Kali daughter of Shiva? Kali is Durga when she gets pissed off. And Loki isn’t a devil because Asatro doesn’t have devils.

Ok, I remember reading some where if you visualize the spirit while chanting it can shortened the chanting time needed for the entity to manifest. is there any truth to that?

I wasn’t really paying attention to that part as much as the description of what an “enn” actually was.

Not in my experience. But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t true for the person who said it. We can learn from each other, but magick is personal. Your magick will be different than my magick because we are different.

In my experience, what makes a “faster connection” to a spirit is working with the spirit long enough that our energies are more in tune with each other.

I have two spirits I work very closely with and speak to every day. I can just think about them and they talk to me in my mind. We’re very much aligned with each other now, so it’s almost like having them on speed dial now. lol

If you look back at my first posts here, you can see that about 10 or 11 months ago I was struggling to have a conversation with a spirit.

And now magick is a part of my everyday life.

You can progress quickly if you commit yourself to it and actually DO THE WORK. The education comes from the experience and the spirits themselves, not another human being. All we can do is share what we’ve learned first hand and try to help you get a solid connection for yourself.

Enjoy the journey!

3 Likes