Question About Soul Travel

Hey Evangeline, I just wanted to ask about your soul travel work , mainly where did you start with it? I’ve been focusing on it lately. I’v had new experiences of definitely feeling an astral limb separate from its physical counterpart , feeling for a second or two like I’m in 2 places at once & starting to visualize the room around me very clearly with my eyes closed. I mean I actually see the image ( colourless ) not just imagine it.
I find it easiest to get comfortable when I lie on bed on my back , though some say not to do this , others say to do it and that’s the way it is with the whole process. There are so many different contradicting opinions. I’ve stayed practicing it this way as I’m having some success with it , once actually managing to get out. Often though nothing happens but I mostly put that down to just not being able to relax enough & get in the right mindset.
What techniques did you use when you started out & what do you find the most effective method now? It says in your introduction you practice " core-shamanic inspired soul travel ". Is this practice very different from astral projection , would you recommend looking into that as a means of achieving separation or is that more something for advanced students after the basics have been learned ? Said I’d ask you directly as I saw you you listed it as one of your key areas of practice. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve split this out from the main intros thread rather than reply in there and derail that, please bear with me and I’ll get back with a reply soonish, meanwhile other people may want to comment on their methods. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool , there’s no rush. I didn’t realize I’d put it in the intro thread , I meant to PM you. Look forward to your advice :slight_smile:

the best method for Soul Travel for me is no-method

i’ve tried many techniques before, but at the end it led me into observing the techniques, not the goal of Soul Travel

the goal is to get anywhere, instantly, or at least quickly.

i achieve this by opening portal which leads me to the destination and entering into it from my heart. all is possible through the Heart!

if i did not know how to get on the level i wanted to, i asked mighty spirit to drag me there through the portals which only he knows.

the main point i’m trying to convey is that couple of years ago when i was trying to soul travel or astral project, it was filled with frustration simply because i did not have the destination.

since i have destination, i don’t bother with techinques of flight. i just go there however i can, and i pick up empowerments on my way, so that, through experience flight and techniques are developing by themselves (according to which specific energies i fly through)

Wanted to talk to gods so I visualised a lift (elevator) and got in, intended to go to where the gods were, got out, saw a hallway with many doors, asked the receptionist (normal looking lady in office clothing behind a desk) for the god/goddess I wanted, she indicated a door, I went through it.

I had NO concept of “soul travel” or astral realms as real things, I just knew I wanted to go there.

I find it easiest to get comfortable when I lie on bed on my back , though some say not to do this , others say to do it and that's the way it is with the whole process. There are so many different contradicting opinions.

People try to make things too complicated IMO.

What techniques did you use when you started out & what do you find the most effective method now?

Honestly just GOING THERE by now (as Bahamuthat posted, and thanksa for bumping this btw because Id forgotten to reply) - I used the lift method until I was in my 20’s, then learned the core shamanic one which is (arguably) similar in some ways.

CS is more versatile, you create an interface that can take you to any realm, so that’s why I recommend it as an adjunct to all other forms of practice.

It says in your introduction you practice " core-shamanic inspired soul travel ". Is this practice very different from astral projection , would you recommend looking into that as a means of achieving separation or is that more something for advanced students after the basics have been learned ?

No, it’s a beginner-level practice that you can take as far as your ability and desires dictate. I can send you a tutorial if you want, PM me.

You can take it anywhere, but you HAVE to learn the basic method first, because that creates your interface or launch pad, once that’s stroing enough you can literally go anywhere.

1 Like

in all these explanations, we almost always forget to put a little disclaimer on it:

“All True Knowledge comes directly from Self - or Spirits.”

and a little story:

i was sitting in my room, 2.a.m. looking through the window into the night, trying out my vampirizing techniques - flying outside in a bat form, roaming the streets and finding victims.

and then i remembered one victim i would like to vampire on, but she’s to far for me to fly as a bat. it would be redicilous. so i thought and thought… and gave up because i couldn’t think of anything.
and i called upon AZAZEL and asked him how to go there, and he instantly opened a portal in front of me, which lead directly into the victim’s room. so there was even no need for me to change form, i just… went in there.

like always, you’re the man. just say the word.

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:6, topic:7778”]“All True Knowledge comes directly from Self - or Spirits.”

… like always, you’re the man. just say the word.[/quote]

Yes - as a kid, I wasn’t some super-confident little witch or anything, I was clinically depressed and usually withdrawn, BUT I had nowhere to turn for magickal ideas except a very few books - fictional, and I knew they were - and some bits of folklore and stuff from movies.

So I had absolutely NO alternative than to create my own methods, based on what seemed most likely to work.

Established working systems are good, I would recommend the World Tree interface of core shamanism above my “get in the lift” method, BUT for anyone who’s absolutely stuck, thinking “If magick was real, but I didn’t know any techniques, what would seem reasonable to use?” - because falling back on your own resources might break through the blocks and fears about doing it “right”?

I didn’t know you could evoke spirits into idols in a conscious way, it just seemed reasonable to give them a body if I, in my body, wanted to interact with them (or, get in the lift “as a spirit” to go to “theirs” of course). Just a thought.

1 Like

It’s interesting you mentioned the elevator imagery, Eva. When I was first experimenting with alpha and theta states a few years ago, I used an elevator to help me get there.

I also used the image of walking into a cave and walking down a hundred steps carved into the side of a cavern wall was effective for me.

1 Like

I love that cave image!

Over the years, I’ve met 3 other people who (independently) used an elevator image to get to different realms, all about my age-group or a bit older, so practicing before the internet came along and mostly making things up for themselves - they KNEW there had to be “a way in” to other realms, so they just picked the most natural image their minds came up with.

That to me just proves that this stuff is SO natural and innate for humans, and that it’s an abomination for any belief system to attempt to lock it away and deny it.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, Eva. This is our birthright and it really pisses me off the way people have tried to make us all feel so friggin’ small and helpless.

1 Like

Wanted to talk to gods so I visualised a lift (elevator) and got in, intended to go to where the gods were, got out, saw a hallway with many doors, asked the receptionist (normal looking lady in office clothing behind a desk) for the god/goddess I wanted, she indicated a door, I went through it.

I had NO concept of “soul travel” or astral realms as real things, I just knew I wanted to go there.[/quote]
It’s odd you used the elevator method as a child. I’m currently reading ’ The projection of the astral body ’ by Sylvan J. Muldoon which is a well respected book on the subject and the first method he mentions is using a dream of an elevator. You set the intention before you fall asleep that you will wake from your dream into your astral body when the astral body goes through the ceiling and into the room above your bed. You then fall asleep holding the idea of dreaming about laying on the floor of an elevator as it rises.
If you manage to induce such a dream ( or any dream involving some type of aviation ) after setting your intention to wake you’re almost assured success as apparently your astral body will float up from your body if your dream involves rising up. I just find it curious that you came across a similar technique intuitively. Very cool :slight_smile:

I also want this tutorial!! lol, sorry for bothing ya so much, your just interesting as hell and I wanna be like you…thanks again. Michael.

1 Like

Check your inbox! :thumbsup:

1 Like