Pictures of Altars

Like the Baphomet and Dragon statues and the pentagram altar cloth. I was thinking about getting an altar cloth like that. Is the cauldron metal or ceramic?

2 Likes

The caldron is actually plastic so I can only put water or offerings in it. Ironically my Catholic grandmother gave it to me around St. Patrickā€™s day. Iā€™m looking around for a metal one of similar size, though, because Iā€™m really tired of burning stuff in my sink. If I donā€™t see one around the consignment shops in the town I live near, I might get one off Amazon if thereā€™s a decent one with non-Wiccan symbolism out there.

Speaking of Amazon, you can get both the cloth and the Baphomet statue from there.

The statue is the least expensive on the site but heā€™s well made and surprisingly lightweight. I love mine, ever since I got it I could feel itā€™s energy attracting Baphomet himself. The cloth, when I got it, had a strong chemical smell but nothing an hour of airing out and some rosewater canā€™t handle. It looks nice for sure and it feels ok to the the touch.

As for the dragon, Iā€™m not sure where you could get it. It was a gift to me years ago from my grandpa because I liked dragons and gargoyles as a kid. I put it on my altar because it seemed to help me focus on draconian energies in my aura.

11 Likes

I found this site with caludrons:

Plain Design Cast Iron Witch Cauldrons
http://metapot.com/altar-supplies/cauldrons-and-charcoal/plain-design-cast-iron-witch-cauldrons/

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, these look nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is my altar everyone. i have also placed a few of my grimoires on it as well, along with my crystals, mirrors and cards, my dragon statue which i may turn into a spirit house for a particular series of spirits and my usual stuff :slight_smile:

50 Likes

Im diggin the butterknife :purple_heart:

24 Likes

i take pride in it i have a black wand that blends in with the cloth

7 Likes

Nice! Not only can you call up a demon but you can make him buttered toast as well! :wink:

18 Likes

One, I like your dragon statue.

Two, Iā€™m kinda jealous of your grimore collection. (I donā€™t have any of those books yet although I plan to buy the Draconian Rituals book soon.)

Three, what spirits are you planning to house?

4 Likes

Thank you for you kind words. I try to make due with what i have. I have quite the list actually. theyā€™re as follows:
Hecate
Lucifer
Lilith
Tiamat
Absu
Kingu
Leviathan
Tanninsam
Taninniver
My daemon
my spirit wife
basically the entire draconian current or the entire lovecraftian pantheon. why do you ask? i also may make a post about spirit housing as well. its quite beneficial.

10 Likes

hears my kindergarten stuff hahaā€¦but i make it work

47 Likes

i donā€™t think thatā€™s kindergarten. i like the dagger

13 Likes

thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually a nice little set up. No shame in your game. :wink:

5 Likes

awwā€¦shucks :grinning: thanks! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I was just curious because your altar definitely has a Draconian/Lovecraftian vibe and I was wondering if you were going to house mainly Draconian dieties. I guess the list confirmed what my senses were saying. I should probably read up on spirit housing because I havenā€™t encountered the concept outside of Japanese shrines.

2 Likes

Interestingly, when one reads me the can only pick up on the Necronomicon Current, which doesnā€™t surprise me, I am their product after all.

Sometimes one can pick upon the Draconian Current in a reading on me as well, but not often. This is also without knowing anything about me.

Iā€™ll start the post immediately. Itā€™s very similar to binding a spirit to jewelry but utilizing their energy more and a little differently.

7 Likes

Until quite recently my altar looked like this.

It changes as the focus of my work does.

91 Likes

ooo I wanna post mine! Everyoneā€™s looks awesome :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

:sparkles:

38 Likes