Pendulums as an accurate means of communication to the aetherial

Hey all,

My partner and I recently purchased a pendulum, and from our experiences it seems to communicate… We’ve spoken to my partners “guardian” as well as one of my own. I asked if I had multiple and they said yes.

Either way, I was wondering what you all thought of pendulums and their effectiveness.

Cheers,
King

2 Likes

They’re as accurate as your own inate divinatory abilities and there’s much, much better tools that enhance your own divinatory abilities.

Pendulums are an ideometric form of divination, so called because they utilize what is called the ideometer effect. Micro twitches in your fingers move the pendulum, which means that you are answering your own questions on a subconscious level. For example, I could use a pendulum and ask a control question, “Is my name Ashton?” And then, because my name is Ashton it would say yes. But, then, if I change my mind to choose to believe that my name is not Ashton and then I ask the question, “Is my name Ashton?” Even though factually my name is Ashton it would say no. You too can try this at home.

My recommendation is to utilize what are called, clairomantic form of divination in which you draw order out of chaos. So Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Bibliomancy, Cartomancy, True Necromancy, etc. These forms of divination are much more reliable.

I have once experienced someone who wanted a Tarot reading but they didn’t like the answer and wanted me to redeal the cards. So, I shuffled and redealt the spread and every card was exactly the same as the previous spread. This is extremely rare, but it was a cool moment.

4 Likes

True Necromancy?

1 Like

Definitely. I agree.

2 Likes

Agreed ^^

1 Like

Im more so asking what it is.

1 Like

Necromancy comes from two Greek words: “necros” meaning dead (from necrosis, necropolis, and necrophiliac); and “manteia” which means divination (from bibliomancy, cartomancy, and tasseomancy, mania is also related).

It’s summoning the dead, either as a dead body or as an apparition of a deceased spirit, to fortell the future or give knowledge on past and present circumstances.

Nowadays, the meaning of term has greatly expanded it’s original etymology.

3 Likes

Ohhh ok, thanks.

2 Likes

I like them and use them a lot, I spent years doing readings on almost every possible thing to get a feel for them, because i wanted the coinvenience of being able to work with something so simple.

I posted the stuff I’ve found out so far about pendulum use here - one bit I left out is that you can get very effective answers by asking about your relationship to the action.

For example, you want to know whether to ask someone on a date, or whether to buy something expesive, asking “Should I do this?” leaves too many variables about what “should” could mean, plus all your subconscious baggage can set in, so I found that asking “If I do this, will I regret it?” gets a clearer (and, so far, accurate) answer.

As with a lot of stuff, for some reason it’s best to frame it in the affirmative i.e., “Will I regret it if I do …” not “Will I regret it if I don’t do …”

I’ve found this was generally a better question than “Will I be happy with the results of …” - maybe, just like people have premonitions over deaths etc, but not over finding $20 in the street, our minds are more likely to warn us of potential loss and danger - psychologically speaking, studies show we’re usually risk-averse in most of our financial choices, for example.

5 Likes

And once again, Lady_Eva to the rescue.

You just showed my partner and I a massive flaw in how we were asking it questions. For that I am grateful. I figured the pendulum was a bit underrated in its qualities for divination. I also knew it could be flawed by human error (but so can all aspects of magick, really).

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

I can use three different decks and have the same answer come up on all three readings. It just is told slightly different ways but it is the exact same answer. I have had this happen more times than I can count. I have 4 different decks and they all are scary accurate.

2 Likes

When I first started out in communication I used to use pendulums. I found they did give me answers. However as I grew what I noticed was my mind can move the pendulum. If I think yes it says yes. If I think no it says no. And I can be holding my hand very still like a braced tripod type effect to make sure it is not my hand/fingers making it move. I can even have someone else holding it and still move it. This means when they say yes I must think no. If it continues with yes it is an accurate reading. This is annoying to say the least so I basically stopped using pendulums. I wish you luck on your journey. This is a learning growing experience so enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

Which Tarot decks do you have? My personal favorite is the Legacy of the Divine.

I have the I Ching Oracle deck, The Necromicon Deck, The Vampire Tarot, and I recently adopted one called The Halloween Oracle. The pictures on these cards are beautiful and though I was not sure how good they would be, all the readings I have done have been spot on. It really blows my mind how the right cards get into the right place and how they address the specific question. Like if it is pertaining to love it will be a card that is not geared towards money. It will be specifically speaking to love or relationship issues. I look for coincidence or cards that “well that can just apply to anything” type of critics response, and they don’t do that. It is amazing. And the Necromicon deck is ruthless. It does not sugar coat anything but cuts right to the bone. The Vampire deck is my favorite I think. They all have their own personality and they are very picky. Somewhat temperamental. Like they do not like certain scents and if I put something near them they will knock it off the shelf. And they do not like other people to touch them so no one shuffles but me. Are your cards like that?

2 Likes