New, in need of some guidance

Hey all, I’m new to all of this and was wondering if someone can help guide me. I’ve done some research but due to all there is to read about became overwhelmed and a little lost on where to begin. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey :)… I can recommend where to start :)… Try with these basics and then start with this left hand path if u choose :slight_smile:
The Mystery School: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWL-f1YBw48NKF1PasvuAM5oyiT73A12i

1 Like

There are also some books on this online store that might be of assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! There’s a lot of great information available on this site, and you might find these links useful to begin with:

✦ the Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc.;

✦ over 4 years’ worth of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function;

If you don’t know anything about magick whatsoever (which is absolutely fine! We were all there once) then we can help you best if you focus on the goal/s you hope to achieve from learning magick - scattershot replies may not get you closer to your goal!

By all means research things related to your goals and ideas using the Search function, and of course, normal search engines, but it helps members here to help you, if you try to keep things a bit focused and specific? :slight_smile:

Magick is about results, and staying focused on those might save you time and feeling overwhelmed, especially when it comes to the different methods used to contact spirits or build personal power.

But first, please take a minute to post an introduction in this thread

It can include:

✦ Your name, or why you chose you magickal/forum name
✦ Photos if you’re comfortable - NOT mandatory!
✦ Kinds of magick you like
✦ Current goals
✦ Current struggles

It’s one of the forum’s rules, but you probably didn’t see it because people usually miss that kind of thing! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Thanks all! Will get to reading

3 Likes

The Psychonaut Field Manual by Archtraitor Bluefluke is a great starting piece, take his theory with a grain of salt, but his practice is phenomenal.

Go and buy Initation into Hermeneutics by Franz Bardon perhaps one of the world’s foremost magicians. After you go through that, go through his other two books as well, The Practice of Magical Evocation and The Key to the True Kaballah

Then, if you have a job or in otherwise come across some funds, definitely check out E.A. Koetting’s e-courses. I’m currently working through the Mastering Divination Course of his and you can see my results:

7 Likes

If you want to get into evocation you could try working with spirits that aid in communication and astral senses. Lucifer is quite good at this I believe. I also created or “rediscovered” a dragon named Ma’alth. He is very good with beginners, he’s understanding, patient, lenient, and truly understands the human condition. For summoning him you can refer to this article

Before you do so i suggest you research a little bit on how to evoke. If you don’t research you can still contact him even if you can’t hear him, he will help you hear him.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you! :wink:

2 Likes

You should read Summoning spirits by Konstantintinos.

I strongly recommend his exercises for developing Astral sight and hearing. I don’t subscribe to everything he says about evocation, but he knows his stuff I’ll give him that.

Evoking eternity by E a koetting

New Energy Ways by Robert Bruce teaches you how to sense and manipulate energies, a good skill for the practicing magician.

Pick a method of divination to learn, it can be playing cards (my favorite), the tarot, I ching, the tunes, geomancy or even our own @LadyEva 's Napoleon Book of Fates

Read, research, loose yourself in learning all the possibilities magic provides you. Don’t become an armchair magician though, remember to practice!

Use the forum’s search function to look up anything you come across that interests you and don’t forget to ask any questions you have :slight_smile:

We don’t bite, well unless you want us to :wink:

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you around!

5 Likes

Meditation and Chakra Work is a good place to start. :slight_smile:

The Psychonaut Field Manual by Archtraitor Bluefluke. Didn’t know about it. Very good. Deep thanks. Appreciated. Erudite.

Al.

1 Like