Just venting

I value the BALG community and continue to enjoy all of the magickal content that the founders put out. But this new format sucks donkey dick. Why the eff would someone create a format that, in their own words “revolts against traditional forum functionality”? I guess I am just old and set in my ways. So the problem, ultimately, is with me. I will continue to visit this site. But I can guarantee that I will do so with 90% less frequency.

3 Likes

Aww…I will miss you!

2 Likes

Take care friend.

1 Like

It is the knowledge within that matters, not the cover of the book.

I am not liking the white background. Hard to cozy up to some thread reading in bed. I have to mess with the stylesheets each time I visit the forum to get a dark background and grey text.

Beyond that if you give it a chance @jboy you’ll notice that finding stuff, navigating and discovering gems is very natural with this forum technology.

It takes a short while, but it is very well thought out.

There is no other community quite like this one that is so welcoming and mostly positive.

Give it a chance dude, there’s no other place like this.

2 Likes

At first I really didnt like this either. But now its warming up to me.

2 Likes

OK, I guess I’ll give it a shot. I hate learning new technology…Ehh. Especially when the stated purpose is to revolt against functionality. Good grief.

2 Likes

Its gonna be okay :+1:

Everything works on here, you don’t have to log-in to see if you have PMs, they’re e-mailed to you, I understand it’s a BIG change but you can hit Category view to make it all fall into the (original) order of froums, aside from that every post got imported… maybe someone can make a tut on changing the stylesheet (she hinted! In a subtle way) and I put in a request to Timothy for a darker skin option, which I’d find helpful as well. :slight_smile:

OK, I’ll just take a deep breath and get my old brain to adapt.Fuck me sideways, I wish I was younger. My gf’s kid could probably make this switch within a few hours. It may take me a bit more time. But I will do it.

3 Likes

Hours? The kid can do it in minutes.

My two year old nephew knows how to go on you tube. He can change his dads profile pic on fb. He knows which phone number is mine. He can do stuff on my sisters phone she doesnt even know how to do.

2 Likes