Dynamis : The Spirit Of Fast Results

Dynamis is a force/spirit I recently worked with who’s concerned with dynamism and the acceleration of magickal progress and results, and the short exercise below may work for anyone whose practice has been interrupted, through everyday life, illness, even burnout, and you’re finding getting back in the flow harder than it should be.

I also hope this spirit will accelerate other work, when called on first as the gatekeeper of the pace at which something manifests, but I haven’t tested this so I’m just mentioning it as something to try.

Important: because, as far as I know, this is an untested spirit (see footnote), it’s best to do a reading first to check if this is advisable for your situation.

Buy a yellow tealight, or small votive lamp, or spell candle, or regular candle - it must be yellow wax, and the faster it’s consumed the better, so something like a tealight (they’re usually like 4 hours and safer to leave burning non-stop) is ideal.

Take a match or taper, or lighter, in your right hand, point it at the candle like a wand and call upon Dynamis to accelerate your progress and overlook your lapse.

Keep it simple, don’t offer excuses, short-sharp-sweet is the way.

“I call upon you, Dynamis, to accelerate my progress and overlook my lapse” - that’s plenty.

Light the candle and then let it burn completely - don’t, unless there’s a real emergency, extinguish it and come back later. Ideally, fill the time with at least some magickal study, exercises, practices, etc. - in other words, get busy!

This is from some stuff I’ve been working on - Dynamis is both a real spirit, and the personification of the force of drive we bring to something.

I think I’ve posted on here that I believe dynamism - the speed, force and aggression with which you approach magickal endeavours - seems to carry its own benefit, although again this is only a theory, albeit one echoed by a lot of authors who write about success, usually under the saying “The Universe loves speed.”

Notes:

Dynamis’s colour seems to be yellow, and yellow gemstones, yellow candles, images of horses pulling chariots (galloping or rearing, not stood still, and not ridden astride) seem to be most harmonious. I was told that horses running free would mean this force might get out of control, so don’t use something like that if you want a mental image.

Dynamis is also associated with Jupiter and I’ve seen them driving chariots together, side by side, so this may also be related to the aspect of expansion and even benevolence there, but can also be invoked singly like I’ve described.

If you want to invoke Dynamis to accelerate some other piece of work, place the yellow candle in front of your right hand, make a simple short invocation such as “Dynamis deliver my results for this work (simultaneously point left hand towards spell, altar, sigil, whatever) quick-fast!”

Remove and dispose of any wax that remains right afterwards, don’t leave anything associated with Dynamis lying round gathering dust, and try to keep all associated interactions snappy and minimal in terms of fuss and prep.

It’s best to invoke Dynamis to the east.

As for background, I’ve been given this, met Dynamis and worked on a joint project with him successfully, but haven’t tested that specific use of accelerating a spell, but the format is Dynamis in front of your right hand and the spell etc to your left, and point both at once; invoke Dynamis first, then do whatever work’s required on the spell (if any is, e.g., pick the sigil up and open it, or light any candles, whatever).

Footnote: there’s a New Avatar Power invocation of a spirit called Dynamis - at this stage I don’t know if they’re connected, the NAP invocation is to give power over others and the info I was given is different, the Dynamis I saw is almost more the sentient personification of a law of (meta-)physics.

32 Likes

I use this greek word as a mantra and it has an expanding-activation current upon the energy body.’‘ΔΥΝΑΜΗΣ’'is the correct pronounciation of this greek word,and it means '‘power’'
Other similar greek words which i found out that they have a current and some kind of power behind them are ‘‘ισχύς’’ and ‘‘ενέργεια’’

1 Like

When I first looked the name up, apart from the NAP mention, Dynamis got a lot of hits for being the kind of “active force/potency” of the Holy Spirit.

Within my worldview, that’s the moment of action of any type of magick, manifestation, anything like that, where the Source energy of the cosmos is refined into an irrevocable outcome by will, kind of like this:

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”
~ Omar Khayyam

Only with a positive spin! :smiley:

The addition of the acceleration-related stuff came from this recent work, where Dynamis appeared as a spirit - kind of both the charioteer and chariot, but mainly that immense powerful horse-like force that’s not staying still even a moment.

I’ve been seeing horses a lot since I started working with Azi Dahaka and they seem to represent a certain type of power, speed (Aether/time/spirit/consciousness/will) over 4 solid pounding hooves, the other 4 classical elements. That imagery came up in dreams a lot, it was crazy, and still happens sometimes.

Dynamis was shown to me as a kind of gatekeeper to manifesting a result, especially where you got slowed down, blocked, or lost your own dynamism, where invoking him like I described rebalances things, so that it all speeds up again enough to create its own kind of energy.

I was also told he speeds things up in general, and I know people (myself included) occasionally have the issue of magick not seeming to work in the time-frame we wanted or needed it to. :\

Time’s obviously a huge pre-occupation for me right now, and Dynamis as I saw him is that gatekeeper/facilitator/turbo-charger, or at least has been for me recently.

Because I tend to work with all spirits and forces like they’re real personalities, it made sense to be like that with me, and he was certainly happy to interact in that form.

I’m going to shut up before I start on block-world theory again :o) but yeah, there’s an overall kind of theme there.

I hope someone else gets some results with him, under any concept, and I’m going to keep going and report on anything useful!

PS I think all these spirits are connected: Dorr, who I found in the astral and gives inspiration; the Book Of Fate (more accurately, whatever it was based on, but it has a strong personality of its own anyway); various spirits with Mercurial (for want of a better word) attributes such as Raphael, and a few unnamed ones who came into my life over the last 2 years, and some stuff I need to fathom out some more but it seems to be about navigating the (sorry!) block-worldy concept of multiple outcomes, some of which defy probability and/or revolve round things manifesting/dematerialising, etc.

This is work I’ve been on a pathway to for a very long time, my sweetie is IMMENSELY mercurial, and a lot of stuff I found through this site and forum also fits in perfectly - even with the concept of Dynamis, that kind of “get on with it, no muss/no fuss, and no dusty old relics” stuff.

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure but i think this current is related to the solar plexus chakra.Yellow colour,action and movement are some of it’s qualities.
Maybe it’s a solar current-spirit

1 Like

lol!!

I cut this out that last edit because it seemed a bit of a diversion:

Arzel, gatekeeper to NAP, is also listed as “Arzal (or Arzel) is one of the four glorious and benevolent angels of the east, who is invoked when one wishes to learn the secret wisdom of God.”

I think that’s also a link, contradictory as it may seem - I find many Mercurial spirits are also heavily Solar… anyway I’m rambling but this spirit Dynamis seems to vibe with the exact needs of modern magicians and I really hope he can help other people in some form. :slight_smile:

~~

One of the other spirits that came into my life recently has a mix of Solar/Mercurial stuff as well btw - and, I noticed E.A. linked Ahriman to a Solar current, whereas, when I was working with that Azi Dahaka this is a dream I had: “there was a kingdom of air, and when I asked for its leader I was told the dark aspect of Mercury and Ahriman are one.”

I could go on but it’s like rummaging round the bottom of a closet throwing out random junk… anyway yeah, Mercurial/Solar, they seem to crossover in certain things.

1 Like

[quote=“dron, post:2, topic:5370”]I use this greek word as a mantra and it has an expanding-activation current upon the energy body.’‘ΔΥΝΑΜΗΣ’'is the correct pronounciation of this greek word,and it means '‘power’'
Other similar greek words which i found out that they have a current and some kind of power behind them are ‘‘ισχύς’’ and ‘‘ενέργεια’’[/quote]

Dron, how do you pronounce the words?
Thx!

[quote=“colleen, post:6, topic:5370”][quote=“dron, post:2, topic:5370”]I use this greek word as a mantra and it has an expanding-activation current upon the energy body.'‘ΔΥΝΑΜΗΣ’'is the correct pronounciation of this greek word,and it means ‘‘power’’
Other similar greek words which i found out that they have a current and some kind of power behind them are ‘‘ισχύς’’ and ‘‘ενέργεια’’[/quote]

Dron, how do you pronounce the words?
Thx![/quote]

Press the speaker icon to hear it…
ΔΥ=THE end
ΝΑ=NA maste
ΜΗΣ=MISS you

Lady Eva, you are amazing! Thank you soo much for this! And thank you dron, for the pronounciation, it really will help! Oh boy, can’t wait to test it out!

1 Like

Bumping this - been a bit busy recently (British understatement) BUT enough things have landed in my inbox recently to think this is a spirit whose time has come, so, call up the charging horses of rapidity and catchie-uppie-ness! :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds like I need some yellow candles…

2 Likes

Hey @Lady_Eva is there a sigil for dynamis? Or do we just go by the instructions here? Thanks :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Hi Lady Eva,

I know this is a reply to an old thread, and I see you provided pictures of some sort but I cannot open them on my MAC for some reason. Are they of a sigil for Dynamis?

Because I am looking for the sigil of this entity - if anyone has it please post it?

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva I’d second the above message, I recently started playing around with NAP and Dynamis is one I couldn’t find a sigil for anywhere he’s a mystery to me!

No, they were just random art on a photo hosting service, and that’s evidently stopped working, soz.

I don’t use a sigil but you could probably draw one on a Kamea of Mercury, or Sol. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank u very much!! @Lady_Eva

Dear Lady_Eva,

I was wondering whether you would be able to re-upload the images as they seem to be blank.

Many thanks!

The images were simply unrelated art. She says as much two posts above yours.

2 Likes

Update: removed the broken links to avoid further confusion.