Chat Thread Season Change = Fall

Creating. I listen to music a lot but making music isn’t really my thing.

1 Like

I feel you. I love creating music, but finding the direction I want to take it can be difficult for me. A lot of the time, I just end up trying to create something in the moment, organically, just kind of in the flow of things. It really has left be with a ton of unfinished songs. Haha, It’s made it quite difficult to cultivate one vibe or signature sound. Some sounds sound like pure industrial hatred ranging all the way to dub/reggae-inspired new age insanity.

This is more of the industrial-esque sound I’ve played with. Its a chant, really. I was on a whole other plane of existence when I made this one, and I made it in one night of sleepless debauchery. If you choose to listen, it might start off loud, just a warning.

1 Like

I’m a dj

1 Like

doooopppe. What do you mix mostly?

Techno/tech-house mostly house/tech-house I don’t enjoy doing techno anymore,too dark for me lol

1 Like

That’s awesome. Tech house is one of the most blood pumping, keep you fucking dancing genres out there. Plus, it’s so damn trippy, too. Really gets the dancefloor in sync with each other.

I used to be a big raver, and I love going to desert parties. I’m a lot less social these days, but I do miss getting out and connecting with everyone on that level… I have had some seriously amazing experiences out there in the desert. I’ve never had the experience of djing a party, though. I imagine the feeling is very powerful.

1 Like

I really love Minimal Tech-house, too.

1 Like

Desert parties sound awesome, we have illegal raves here in the forest but i don’t really like that stuff, just a bunch of ketamine taking junkies who can’t have normal convo and they don’t pay you for djing so that’s a no for me dog lol

1 Like

Definitely, I’m totally jaded and over the rave scene, really… Too many experiences like that. Or just bastards with shit intentions in general.

I really love the parties that can keep a powerful vibe with minimal gimmicks, and respect for the substances they are using to enhance/tap into the experience…

I remember when I was out at a party in California called Moon Tribe (its a full moon party, theyve been throwing it and keeping it underground since around the same time burning man was even a concept), and the sun had just risen, and the dj was spinning a dope Tech/tribal-esque house set, really pyschedelic… I remember being able to watch the chain of events from the dj’s mind, through his hands to the turntables, to the electronics, to the speakers, out from the speakers, and I could see the sound waves drifting out from the speakers and surrounding everyone… Hahaha.

If I timed my dancing to this flow of energy, and moved just right with everyone around me, I would leave by body, and I would see the whole party as one amorphous being, swirling and dancing like a living breathing reptilian fractal in the next dimension. Haha.

If I would think, or move out of time, I would shoot back down into my body and would have to tap back into the flow in order to leave my body again. It was amazing… I much preferred dancing as a giant desert colored fractal lizard…

2 Likes

Sounds trippy man

1 Like

Haha, it really was…

It can be difficult to process an experience like that as it’s happening. I usually just close my eyes and hope that I’m not the only one seeing it.

Awesome, well I love music, when i dj I forget about everything that is bothering me.

1 Like

I would love to start mixing, personally. If someone didn’t have the turntables, or the midi mixing controller, is there any software you would recommend to dive into mixing?

You need a midi controller for sure and the easiest way is to get Traktor + the midi controller but that’s not the real thing tho, the software auto-syncs every track so it will all be too easy. If you’re broke do this. If you have some money to spend u should deff invest in some pioneer cdjs and a good mixer.

2 Likes

Definitely… Cool, thanks. :slight_smile: I imagine getting your hands on cdjs or vinyl turntables really opens up realms of possibility when it comes to mixing magick.

1 Like

Fo sho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone here encrypt their journal?

I just wanted to let anyone know that I’m going on a vacation to Belgium and France now, so I won’t be as active for a couple of weeks.

Note: I do have free roaming due to the new EU Laws, so I can easily follow up on this site anywhere I go.

Alright, real talk…Vanilla or chocolate? Taking it a step further, pancakes or waffles?!

Chocolate and Waffles, I’m Danish/Belgian for Freya’s sake. It’s my blood type.

1 Like