Can tarot ever be wrong?

Like if you have a curse or if you have entity attachment can this influence tarot or another type of cartomancy? Is there any circumstance that can can cause tarot to be wrong? Can a malevolent entity cause you to pick wrong cards?

3 Likes

As far as i am aware, all the cards have several meanings each, so what you may have to do is listen to each card and find out where it came from and what it means THIS time. I’m not sure the cards are often wrong, but our interpretations can easily be wrong

4 Likes

What I find useful is to sort of bless the reading by calling on divinatory spirits/deities. This helps you to clear the energies of a card from its previous reading and basically by consecrating it in their name cleanses the cards free from any lingering energies. Also helps get you in touch with your intuition and your higher self to ensure appropriate interpretation.

I find that Freyja and Isis work best for me, but I have a soft spot for goddesses and I’m sure that there are plenty of other spirits you can call on to preside over the reading. Just make sure that you TRUST them, I absolutely cannot stress this enough.

Just relax, trust in your instincts and you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Spirit can’t be wrong. The problem is the human interpreter.

1 Like

[quote=“Lola, post:1, topic:13169, full:true”]
Like if you have a curse or if you have entity attachment can this influence tarot or another type of cartomancy? Is there any circumstance that can can cause tarot to be wrong? Can a malevolent entity cause you to pick wrong cards?[/quote]

Yes, in my experience, some of the free on line sevrices give really DARK answers and in my opinion, shared I believe with a member on here who’s an excellent reader, it’s because they’ve somehow attracted dark energies, through not being cleansed.

Things I do persopnally, not essential but I like them:

• lay out cards in suits and in numerical order to “reset” the deck;

• cleanse them as they’re laid out like this with sage or incense smoke, or a crystal wand, or your own hands, I gave a method here for this;

• pile them into one stack and then shuffle thoroughly, you can vislause yourself breathing in light and then breathing it out into the decck;

• store your cards in a sealed metal tin (or wrapped in some aluminium foil from the kitchen) afterwards, to protect them from influence and also stop anything using them as a portal.

Cast a circle to protect yourself when doing a reading as well, same method using fingers or a crystal I linked above, ask for that space to be protected from all external influence, and invoke the porotection of Thoth in seeking knowledge and wisdom.

3 Likes

'Stop something from using them as a portal?"

I never thought of that…

1 Like

Surprised no one mentioned it, but if you’re too emotionally involved in a reading for yourself you’ll generally see what you want to see, not what’s actually being shown to you.

6 Likes

Also true.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies. I’m indeed emotionally involved in my readings but instead of hearing what I want to hear it’s the total opposite. I’m only getting what I DON’T want to hear. It’s been now 3-4 months that I bought a tarot and the answers I get are always very painful. Like for example I often ask what a spirit I care about feels about me and the cards always tell me that he wants me gone, that he rejects me, that he has no feelings towards me, even that I disgust him… I can’t communicate with spirits but I know one thing, this spirit is behaving the opposite with me. He sends me very clear mundane signs that he loves me deeply… Only it’s been several months that I’m doing spreads about the feelings of this spirit toward me and the cards keeps on telling me that he wants me to leave him alone, that he has no interest in me etc… So I don’t understand and I wonder if there’s any chance that the cards could be lying. Of course there’s always the possibility that it’s the spirit who is lying and that he doesn’t truly love me but it doesn’t make much sense to be honest… If he truly wanted me out of his life, gone forever, why would he keeps on sending me signs that he loves me forever etc?

1 Like

You never really want to read yourself. I have my council, and they give me great advice, but they never tell me what to do.

It’s also why you will see people on this forum asking each other to trade readings. The best psychics in the world even, don’t read themselves. Stop doing it. lol

1 Like

I don’t understand how is asking about somebody else’s feelings towards me reading for myself? And what is the problem with it?

1 Like

You just said that you bought a tarot which makes me assume you are doing your own readings. This is not the way to do it.

1 Like

Something’s going wrong here and it’s casuing you problems.

I suggest learning to communicate with spirits and then getting a 3rd party in as intermediary, maybe Ganesha or someone like that.

I do read for myself (mainly because if I have a problem, it’s usually too weird to be able to explain to anyone else) BUT I use more than one method, for example Book of Fate + scrying, and then Tarot or I Ching, or tarot.com, and I also consult spirits I know and trust.

This seems to be the missing link here, that you’re unable to verify this with another outside spirit that you trust.

It’s my opinion, which could be incorrect because it’s based on internet posts and not knowing you properly, that you’re wasting more time worrying about this and could be using that time to start commanding your own power, and being someone able to have, if not lengthy conversations, at least communication with spirits.

4 Likes

I don’t understand Eva… Why would a tarot alone not be enough? What is the point owning a tarot if that’s not sufficient? You’re talking about a missing link but I’ve never heard about anything else needing to be linked to tarot. Psychics use tarot alone all the time as far as I know. I do want to learn spirit communication as much as I want to learn Astral travelling but it’s not something that you can learn overnight right? So I told myself that meanwhile I would at least have a tarot. I thought it was better than having nothing at all. Also I’m now feeling so deceived that I think there’s no spirit that I would ever trust again. And book of fate is a divination I’ve never heard about.

1 Like

Every form of divination has it’s pros and cons, so using more than one of them will probably give you a more well-rounded overview of the matter. On top of that, you can’t learn everything about the tarot overnight either, it’s something that will take a lot of time to perfect. I know that at first glance it looks simpler than scrying or spirit communication, but my experience taught me that it’s not. Personally, now that I’ve grasped how it actually works, I find it easier to communicate with spirits than to read the tarot (it comes more naturally if you prefer), but that’s just me, it doesn’t necessarily apply to everybody. Also, keep in mind that it’s possible that your expectations will influence the outcome of the reading and that they will definitely influence your interpretation of the cards. Same goes for your interactions with spirits.

There’s also a chance that you might just not connect well enough with your deck and that you might gonna have to buy another one. This happened to me with my first deck a couple of years ago. I just picked the more aesthetically pleasing deck that I could find, but unfortunately my readings with it were always way of the mark. I purchased another one some time after, which doesn’t have such beautiful depictions as my first one does, but it has been giving me solid readings from the beginning.

2 Likes

@thodoris1008 This is the second tarot deck that I buy. I had bought an other one first but I’ve returned it to Amazon because I preferred the illustrations of raider waite. But I’m still getting exactly the same negative answers. Also sometimes I remotely use the oracle of my mom. I call her on the phone, I don’t tell her my question and I ask her to pick a card for me and the answers are also mostly negative…

And of course my expectations would have been that the spirit loves me, not that I disgust him and that he wants me gone forever, but that’s always the answers I get though…

1 Like

Can you say with absolute certainty that it’s truly your expectation and not something that you wish it were true?

Is it possible that after receiving so much negative signs, you automatically, subconsciously expect the worse to happen, without even realizing it?

If you truly feel that the spirits has a positive attitude towards you, why do you seek confirmation so vigorously? This smells a certain amount of doubt to me and doubt, especially self-doubt is one of the worst enemies you can have.

Also try to do a cleansing of your personal space and of yourself and see if that helps.

1 Like

@thodoris1008 Oh now I see what you mean… I’m not a native English speaker but now I get it. Yes him loving me was what I wished for, but since he had only sent me loving signs in life it was also my expectation. If someone is always loving and caring towards you why would you expect that they hate you? Now just because someone tells you that they love you doesn’t mean that’s true. They can very well pretend to love you to manipulate you, to get something from you in return etc, that’s why I had asked the tarot for confirmation.

2 Likes

I’m not a native English speaker either, so don’t worry about that. Actually I didn’t realize that we are talking about a loving relationship here, that certainly complicates things hehe. I definitely agree with you that someone may lie in a situation like that and it can be very hard to find out the truth. I’m not the best in giving relationship advice, so I won’t even attempt it, but I’m willing to do a reading for you if you agree with that. Maybe I can offer a fresh perspective to your situation. If you believe that could help, just send me a pm with your exact question and I’ll get to it when I can.

3 Likes

It’s because you’re reading for yourself, so the possibility of wishful-thinking interpretation is very high, and for that reason getting several different tools that have different approaches can help.

But you know I’m not laying down definitive Law on this, on how it should or must be done, I’m just telling you how I handle readings for myself on things that matter to me, I’m as prone to wishful thinking or cognitive biases as anyone, AndEternity handles this by (I gather) not doing personal readings at all, I handle it by using several different methods on a question, we all have our own workarounds and approaches that we’ve found suit us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes